Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities ('Tetris' Film full version) (re-mixed by Steve Lipson, 2023)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities ('Tetris' Film full version) (re-mixed by Steve Lipson, 2023)

#1 Post by Nickname »

I know there is another thread with this topic but many of you could think you have listened the full version of the song with the link of the other thread and it's not true. That one was taken from the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqVPkdoh1co

ea39

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities ('Tetris' Film full version) (re-mixed by Steve Lipson, 2023)

#2 Post by ea39 »

Thanks, Nickname. Great to hear the whole thing. I kind of wish I'd seen the movie without knowing about this - would have been quite thtilling to hear that melody appearing all of a sudden...

ea39

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Opportunities ('Tetris' Film full version) (re-mixed by Steve Lipson, 2023)

#3 Post by ea39 »

I also agree that Neil's vocals sound clearer and cleaner after the drum break section. Makes it feel very, very fresh for a track that's fast approaching 40 years old.

negative_0ne

#4 Post by negative_0ne »

well, its not official, but i'm glad somebody did it.

but you didn't need another thread, just post it over there anyways.

later
|| || | | |
negative 1

Oznerol

#5 Post by Oznerol »

I wonder if the whole piece was remixed/produced by Stephen Lipson or just the "main" Opportunities remixed part at the end..because it feels all like a unique composition..and the synts playing the Tetris tune are the same all over the track. A very "Art Of Noise-esque" sound if you ask me!!!
There are no info about who did the remix of the main Tetris song (wich plays in full after thie PSB remix on the credits) neither..or am I wrong? Maybe Lipson too?
This is not my signature.

y3potential

#6 Post by y3potential »

negative_0ne wrote: Thu 06 Apr 2023, 2:34 pm well, its not official, but i'm glad somebody did it.

but you didn't need another thread, just post it over there anyways.

later
|| || | | |
negative 1
Indeed, but it's what Nickname does... Whether it's for attention or not, I'm not sure. Plus he's well aware of the YouTube section that has been mentioned to him countless times in the past..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

ChrisLove

#7 Post by ChrisLove »

Amazing remix of Opportunities love that section on 2:40 reminds me I'm not scared part :)
Your life's a mystery, mine is an open book. If I could read your mind, I think I'd take a look.

stopthecar

#8 Post by stopthecar »

What a lovely remix. I can't believe the OS hasn't even mentioned this yet.

Nickname

#9 Post by Nickname »

stopthecar wrote: Fri 07 Apr 2023, 11:45 am What a lovely remix. I can't believe the OS hasn't even mentioned this yet.
There is something strange here. If you go to the official site of PSB on Youtube. You can listen to Opportunities (Let's Make Lots of Money) (Full Length 7" Mix) (2001 Remaster) with a poster from the movie:

Here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUVX6TJwA0

A bit tricky.

stopthecar

#10 Post by stopthecar »

This is probably because this version is on the official soundtrack of the movie.

To bad the remix isn't available to buy.
I was willing to put some money down to buy an Mp3 of the remix.

Wish

#11 Post by Wish »

Just listened soundtrack from Montage (The Nightlife tour) and I think Opportunities there is much similar to this new version.
The is no Tetris mashup of course, but it has similar vibe and arrangement variations.

negative_0ne

#12 Post by negative_0ne »

its not tetris.

but opportunities was used in a scene in the american tv show 'titan's briefly,
i can't find a clip online. but it was the original version.

i guess the song is slowly being used in more media nowadays.

later
| || | | || |
ne gative 1

telys

#13 Post by telys »

Listening to Kazak it strikes me that there is a melody line very similar to the Tetris song (the folk song). So N&C already did to themselves what Lipson has done....
----
You've got me all wrong