Search found 4676 matches

by Patrick Bateman
Mon 16 Mar 2020, 8:28 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?
Replies: 274
Views: 39540

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

leesmapman wrote:
Mon 16 Mar 2020, 11:03 am
foxnews... he said OUTSIDE your bubble.
:lol:
by Patrick Bateman
Mon 16 Mar 2020, 12:02 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?
Replies: 274
Views: 39540

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

There is some good news. they were saying that Chinas's infection rates are dropping fast, on both levels they are learning what to do as far as containment and possibly the virus is doing what they usually do which is blast thru the population and then it sort of slinks away. and then you just hav...
by Patrick Bateman
Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:32 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?
Replies: 19
Views: 4391

Re: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?

TwizzleUK wrote:
Sun 15 Mar 2020, 11:30 am
I may have missed it, but where did Neil say what Hoping For A Miracle is about?
http://www.geowayne.com/newDesign/hotspot/hoping.htm
by Patrick Bateman
Sun 15 Mar 2020, 2:46 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?
Replies: 19
Views: 4391

Re: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?

I’m sure I will be flamed for this but there are many people such as myself, and possibly Neil, who rank Blair as the UK’s best ever PM. In my lifetime, Heath, Wilson, Callaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair, Brown, Cameron, May, Johnson. I know which one I’d choose. Just like Harold Shipman was the UK's...
by Patrick Bateman
Sat 14 Mar 2020, 11:32 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Anyone else not heard the new album yet?
Replies: 16
Views: 5998

Re: Anyone else not heard the new album yet?

Only The Dark My least favourite song on the Instrumental CD, I think this sounds like a really bad late 80s backing track, akin to instrumental music for a cheap straight-to-video film from 1988 (and I know what I mean - I was a teenager then, and saw lots of that kind of thing). The bridge sounds...
by Patrick Bateman
Sat 14 Mar 2020, 12:13 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?
Replies: 274
Views: 39540

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

jyllinge wrote:
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 9:58 pm
Thou its hard to say for sure...Singapore has zero deaths and been in the line of fire from the beginning (rather impressive) - I know they got some people in ICU but still no deaths.
Everywhere should ban chewing gum.
by Patrick Bateman
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 3:28 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?
Replies: 19
Views: 4391

Re: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?

I don't really view it in those terms. They've always written about contemporary events, which covers most of the songs you cite. I can't think of any other recent figures who have had quite the spectacular fall from grace in the public's eye that Blair's had, so it's a good subject to write about....
by Patrick Bateman
Fri 13 Mar 2020, 10:17 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?
Replies: 19
Views: 4391

Why is Neil fascinated by Tony Blair?

Hoping for a Miracle is the track from Hotspot that has grown on me most since release. I think my initial sangfroid towards it was learning that it was yet another track about Blair but the gorgeous classical melody and PSB melancholia have won me over. Why is Neil fascinated by him though? He's ju...
by Patrick Bateman
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:09 am
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?
Replies: 274
Views: 39540

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.
by Patrick Bateman
Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:16 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: New single - I don't wanna
Replies: 188
Views: 33280

Re: New single - I don't wanna

Sage wrote:
Thu 05 Mar 2020, 8:25 am
Sorry, what makes you say there will be no more singles? Can you back this up with proof?
Sandy Shaw is finalising the affidavit at this very moment.
by Patrick Bateman
Wed 04 Mar 2020, 6:19 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: DREAMWORLD TOUR
Replies: 429
Views: 57519

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

I don’t like the idea of starting with the most recent material and working backwards through the catalogue - I hope they reconsider that. Think it’ll be much more rewarding and less predictable to mix up eras.
by Patrick Bateman
Wed 04 Mar 2020, 6:16 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: New single - I don't wanna
Replies: 188
Views: 33280

Re: New single - I don't wanna

I imagine the protagonist in I Don’t Wanna is pretty similar to the teenage Neil; perhaps that’s why it’s been chosen. For what it’s worth, I like both tracks. Happy People seems to have greater remix potential but perhaps I Don’t Wanna is more typically ‘pop’ PSB. Also, Happy People wouldn’t need m...
by Patrick Bateman
Sun 01 Mar 2020, 3:08 pm
Forum: Pet Shop Boys Discussion
Topic: DREAMWORLD TOUR
Replies: 429
Views: 57519

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

Nickname wrote:
Sun 01 Mar 2020, 3:02 pm
- Domingo Dancing
Wasn’t that by The Bizet Boys?