Cosmic Discussion

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
skyhigh

Cosmic Discussion

#1 Post by skyhigh »

That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

joe stalin

Re: Cosmic Discussion

#2 Post by joe stalin »

Fully agree with your review although I do wonder if the length being overly long without going anywhere is actually deliberate, and a reflection of the lyrical delivery and the lyrics themselves. I wonder if the mix had gone awol from the path trodden, then it would jar somewhat.

NotInvisible

#3 Post by NotInvisible »

I think too many people evaluate PSB purely in terms of pop, which is about as effective as asking how good a fish is at climbing at tree when it comes to certain tracks. Cosmic Fringe isn't meant to be a pop song or a club banger, it's meant to be played in a smoky basement while you're shooting the shit with your friends at two in the morning. Bowie would have loved it!

Tom Angel

#4 Post by Tom Angel »

It's bloody amazing!

Reminds me of their mix of Kids by MGMT, which is my fav mix of theirs. This goes from brit -pop to dreamy synth pop, to edm main floor madness .

Superb. When Neil's vocal first clicks in is just blissful...
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Oznerol

#5 Post by Oznerol »

For me this remix is the living proof that they don´t needed Stuart Price to make things like Electric...Chris have the skills to fully produce this kind of music completely on he´s own...

And changing the subject, it´s not common to hear a singer's voice aging as much as Paul Weller´s did. If I wasn´t aware of the connection, I would never guessed that this is the same singer that the guy on The Style Council...
Last edited by Oznerol on Tue 27 Jul 2021, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This is not my signature.

One of the crowd

#6 Post by One of the crowd »

Oznerol wrote: Tue 27 Jul 2021, 12:55 am For me this remix is the living proof that they don´t needed Stuart Price to make things like Electric...Chris have the skills to fully produce this kind of music completely on he´s own...

And hanging the subject, it´s not common to hear a singer's voice aging as much as Tom Weller´s did. If I wasn´t aware of the connection, I would never guessed that this is the same singer that the guy on The Style Council...
:D
Did Zoe Ball let something slip today? (31:01:24)

Scottydog

#7 Post by Scottydog »

Paul Wellers voice doesn’t sound as different on most of the other stuff on his album. If it wasn’t for Cosmic Fringes I would never have listened to it but I quite liked it.
If I thought what you’d think I wouldn’t even be here.

Oznerol

#8 Post by Oznerol »

One of the crowd wrote: Tue 27 Jul 2021, 1:26 pm
Oznerol wrote: Tue 27 Jul 2021, 12:55 am For me this remix is the living proof that they don´t needed Stuart Price to make things like Electric...Chris have the skills to fully produce this kind of music completely on he´s own...

And hanging the subject, it´s not common to hear a singer's voice aging as much as Tom Weller´s did. If I wasn´t aware of the connection, I would never guessed that this is the same singer that the guy on The Style Council...
:D
Ups, haha!!! fixed!!
This is not my signature.

Danimal

#9 Post by Danimal »

I truly enjoyed this mix, or rather megamix of three mixes. Given its length, I will probably only listen to it while partying though.