What do PSB have to do to sell records ????

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Undertaker

#61 Post by Undertaker »

Dreamcatcher2003 wrote: There is a forum to which I am a member and which is on pop music; members are moderaly informed about PSB; anyway when gay issue was put into discussion, some vowed never to listen to PSB again because listening to a gay band was so "uncool". One of them even dared to say that he was so sorry, almost tear-eyed, to quit PSB because they were making incredibly good music but rather than being "labelled" by his friends that he was a "queer listening to queers", he would cut his ears, so to speak.

Think about general public reaction...
I've thought that was the opinion many casual listeners had for ages.They will like a PSB song but wont dare admit it and wont dare go buy it.

MD ;- I think Dazzer Uk is the best person to ask for info. He's a walking Encyclopedia. I can remember seeing that Nightlife and Release sold around 25k each. Fundamental is around 50 k on its own. They are guesstimates really but Fundamental has certainly dwarfed both Nightlife and Release's sales, individually.

Dave

DJ Pat

#62 Post by DJ Pat »

MD wrote:By The way.

Are all of the members of D.MODE gay? I just recently bought thier first cd and did not know they were gay untill i heard "Boy's say Go".Only heard Violator before that and don't rember it having any songs that were gay.
Boys say go was rather dodgy but don't think it was a gay song intentionally.

Remark

#63 Post by Remark »

thinktank909 wrote:I was thinking in the USA the PSB could play Im with stupid on The Daily Show when they come to the states to tour. John Stewart and the viewers of America's biggest nightly news (but really is comedy) show would probally eat it up.
COMPLETELY agree! How hilarious would that be? I can see John Stewart being a huge PSB fan...

MD

#64 Post by MD »

[quote="Bang"][quote="MD"]By The way.

Are all of the members of D.MODE gay? I just recently bought thier first cd and did not know they were gay untill i heard "Boy's say Go".Only heard Violator before that and don't rember it having any songs that were gay.[/quote]

Everybody knows only Village People make gay albums. Ask your mother..she'll tell you all about it one day :roll: .

** I wanted to be so sarcastic and insulting in this reply but decided I'd rather not get banned.[/quote]

Your sweet :oops: :lol:
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"