Where do you import your UK PSB singles from?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Where do you import your UK PSB singles from?

#1 Post by retrofuturist »

Hi everyone,

I ordered my Fundamental(ism) 2CD from CDWOW and that was great. However, these discount Internet CD stores don't stock CD singles....!

So, my question for those outside the UK is.... where do you order your UK PSB CD singles from... do you have any good recommendations?

Thanks!
Retro. :)

!

#2 Post by ! »

*edit*
Sorry, I've read it all wrong :lol: :doh:
Last edited by ! on Mon 24 Jul 2006, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

AlfonsoPSB

#3 Post by AlfonsoPSB »

http://www.hmv.co.uk/

Good prices, though every single item is packaged separately, increasing the P&P.
You're being watched.

Oznerol

#4 Post by Oznerol »

Not sure where are you from Retro...I tried to order from HMV, bigger catalog and the items are a little cheaper than Amazon, but the shipping prices to Southamerica were ABSOLUTELY ridiculous!!! So tried Amazon, very low shipping costs and fast delivery (less than a week for items in stock!). So amazon.co.uk is my recommendation...
Now I´m tempted to try Juno Records, as they have some vinyl stuff I can´t find on Amazon...
This is not my signature.

desmond

#5 Post by desmond »

You should have ordered the Japan Fundamentalism from HMV.CO.JP due to the additional 2 tracks and they use a super fast postal service which is in between air mail and courier.
Last time I used to order cd singles from HMV.CO.UK due to the cheap postage and there is VAT returns/discounts for outside the EU purchases. BUT now they sucks, no VAT returns and postage is incredible. Tried the Recordstore.co.uk for the last I'm with stupid single, kinda slow and the packing don't look that good.
Desmond

retrofuturist

#6 Post by retrofuturist »

As to the earlier question, I'm from Australia... so am often subject to ridiculous postage rates.

At this stage, it looks like I'll get Norman Records www.normanrecords.co.uk to source the 3 singles (couldn't be bothered with the 7") as part of a bigger "UK Indie" purchase and benefit from the combined postage. The only downside is that I have to wait a fortnight until a couple of my other prospective purchases are released (e.g. new CDs from Ooberman and Hefner). Norman Records don't advertise PSB stuff, but they are able to source it through their distributors and their postage is very reasonable. I've used them before when I ordered PopArtMix and the Flamboyant singles.

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations... I think it's really useful to see how other international PSB fans handle this situation.

Retro. :)

DJ Pat

#7 Post by DJ Pat »

Fundamentalism is in the shops here for 1000 Baht, about 16 quid.

We don't get singles from "low profile" artists such as Chris and Neil sadly

Only the Madonnas and the Mariahs get that.

I usually get the singles in London on my annual Xmas trip.

Danimal

#8 Post by Danimal »

I get most of my UK imports from Amazon.co.uk. I tried HMV twice and regretted it both times as their prices are better but their shipping sucks. At least Amazon usually ships their items quickly.