Any idea what the show is going to be like?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
jaydc2

Any idea what the show is going to be like?

#1 Post by jaydc2 »

Anyone know what the actual show is going to be like?

Is it going to be a rehash of the festival dates or a wholly unique show. Any architects or visual artists involved this time?

Any crazy costumes or set pieces? I want to see a return to the Nightlife or Performance tours.

I just hope they don't stand there with instruments like they did for the Release tour. The best thing about that tour was the shirts.

spiggums

Re: Any idea what the show is going to be like?

#2 Post by spiggums »

jaydc2 wrote:The best thing about that tour was the shirts.
haha! no shit... i was upset cause they only had smalls left of the "Closet Homosexual" ones at that show... but I'm still rather happy with my "Sexy Northener" shirt ;)

DJ Pat

#3 Post by DJ Pat »

The Release tour was semi-acoustic in places, strange when they played the huge Arena that is the Impact here in Bangkok (around 10,000 capacity)

Robbie Williams has opted to play outside the arena, where the capacity will be 30,000.

psb-freak

#4 Post by psb-freak »

I suppose it´s going to be same kind like those summer gigs.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Tomas

#5 Post by Tomas »

They mentioned in the last Literally that inspired by "Seriously" show in Australia, they could play The Survivors during their world tour. Or something along that lines.
PeT sHoP bOyS aT dEaD oF nIgHt
http://psb-atdeadofnight.net
Your one-stop source for 350+ PSB lyrics, 80+ PSB MIDIs,
plenty of unique photographs and much more...

Grover

Re: Any idea what the show is going to be like?

#6 Post by Grover »

jaydc2 wrote:Anyone know what the actual show is going to be like?

Is it going to be a rehash of the festival dates or a wholly unique show. Any architects or visual artists involved this time?

Any crazy costumes or set pieces? I want to see a return to the Nightlife or Performance tours.
Yes, I wondering about this aswell. I have seen the summertour 2 times now (London and Bonn) and I hope we can expect something different for the world tour.

!

#7 Post by ! »

I don't think it will be the same. What would be the point in having two different tours if you're just going to have the same songs, stage set-up, design etc.

spiggums

#8 Post by spiggums »

! wrote:I don't think it will be the same. What would be the point in having two different tours if you're just going to have the same songs, stage set-up, design etc.
I wouldn't be surprised by the stage setup being similar... but I imagine, just given the nature of playing a festival, and the limited time given to performers at festivals... the tour will have an expanded setlist from what we've been seeing...

jaydc2

#9 Post by jaydc2 »

Has anyone heard anything yet about the Fall tour, what it is going to be like? Are we going to get a show this time or them standing in front of a microphone like they did with the Rlease tour?

I hope we get a show.

DJ Pat

#10 Post by DJ Pat »

I don't really need a full blown costume show but a stiff stripped down set will be boring!!

Pet Shop Girl

#11 Post by Pet Shop Girl »

I am sure it will be more extensive than what they have been doing for these festivals all summer. Kind of similar to the 'Nightlife' tour.

Grover

#12 Post by Grover »

I don't get it. Are these dates in the USA and Mexico part of the summertour, or has the announced World Tour actually started as an extension of the summertour?

Grover

#13 Post by Grover »

Grover wrote:I don't get it. Are these dates in the USA and Mexico part of the summertour, or has the announced World Tour actually started as an extension of the summertour?
Well, the answer of my question is on the official site now:
30 Sept 2006

Pet Shop Boys and their singers and dancers have been rehearsing all week for their tour of Canada, USA and Mexico which begins on October 10 in Montreal and finishes on November 16 in Monterrey.
The show is an expanded version with more songs of the production which Pet Shop Boys have been touring throughout Europe over the summer. It is in two parts with an interval. Go to the TOUR section for venue and ticket details.
I am a little bit dissappointed that the World Tour is apparently the same performance/stage-setting, they are performing just more songs, that's all apparently.

I have seen the show twice now (In London and Bonn) and I am in doubt if I will fancy it to see it again in London in 2007 (if they play there at all that is).... :?