UK Singles Chart: Minimal #19

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Tomas

UK Singles Chart: Minimal #19

#1 Post by Tomas »

PeT sHoP bOyS aT dEaD oF nIgHt
http://psb-atdeadofnight.net
Your one-stop source for 350+ PSB lyrics, 80+ PSB MIDIs,
plenty of unique photographs and much more...

NorthernLad

#2 Post by NorthernLad »

ugh.... very disappointing.

---
www.BluespaceRadio.com
New Wave and beyond... music without boundaries.

weirdalfan1980

#3 Post by weirdalfan1980 »

Still a top 20, plus Minimal kinda sucks. So that makes 40 top 20 hits for pet shop boys, a lot of people would klll (hopefully not) for that claim.
Yo, Mr. Dopeman, you think your slick;
Ya sold crack to my sister, and now she's sick.
But if she happens to die, because of your drug;
Im puttin' in your culo, a .38 slug!

Dreamcatcher2003

#4 Post by Dreamcatcher2003 »

Isn't it interesting that BBC didn't even bother to name Minimal among this week's new releases?
The CELL by Stephen King instantly hit number 1 in New York Times Bookseller Lists selling well over 200 thousand copies in three weeks. This affirms my opinion: People really need an occassional good horror read...

Tomas

#5 Post by Tomas »

weirdalfan1980 wrote:Still a top 20, plus Minimal kinda sucks. So that makes 40 top 20 hits for pet shop boys, a lot of people would klll (hopefully not) for that claim.
Well if I count well it's "only" 38 (+ Ab. Fab. -> 39).
PeT sHoP bOyS aT dEaD oF nIgHt
http://psb-atdeadofnight.net
Your one-stop source for 350+ PSB lyrics, 80+ PSB MIDIs,
plenty of unique photographs and much more...

transforce

#6 Post by transforce »

Oh for ***s sake! How disappointing.

stew

#7 Post by stew »

just checked the charts and saw that.....how crap....why why why????
what is the total sales anyone no????

reality_check

?

#8 Post by reality_check »

weirdalfan1980 wrote:Still a top 20, plus Minimal kinda sucks. So that makes 40 top 20 hits for pet shop boys, a lot of people would klll (hopefully not) for that claim.
Minimal a top 20 hit? technically yes...

...but genearally not compared to a top 20 hit in the 80's or 90's chart

It was only really heavy metal groups that had singles that plummet doen the chart back then the following week...so most likely just ONE week scraping the top20 for minimal,i bet most of their older around top 20 hits have charts runs that make them in reality much bigger hits eg. especially Love comes quickly.

...but this applies equally to everyone so is comparible with other peers.

kdx125

#9 Post by kdx125 »

Maybe if more PSB fans actually went out and bought the bloody releases and support their "favourite" act instead of winging about how they couldn't find it in this shop, or how crap the bside was or how they hate dvd singles etc etc they would have had another top ten hit.

Mind you, if Neil & Chris simply sit on their arses and don't do some digging into why it only charted at 19 (EMI distribution / Woolies not stocking etc) they don't deserve a higher chart position!

Drico One

#10 Post by Drico One »

kdx125 wrote:Maybe if more PSB fans actually went out and bought the bloody releases and support their "favourite" act instead of winging about how they couldn't find it in this shop
And how exactly would they do that if it is not available in the shops? The mind boggles...

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

E-Mail Vampire

#11 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

kdx125 wrote:Maybe if more PSB fans actually went out and bought the bloody releases and support their "favourite" act instead of winging about how they couldn't find it in this shop, or how crap the bside was or how they hate dvd singles etc etc they would have had another top ten hit.

Mind you, if Neil & Chris simply sit on their arses and don't do some digging into why it only charted at 19 (EMI distribution / Woolies not stocking etc) they don't deserve a higher chart position!
I had to hunt a copy down in Wales so I think I have supported them.

DazzerUKUK

#12 Post by DazzerUKUK »

I guess that's the end of the third single then!
And you say you never believed in luck

DazzerUKUK

#13 Post by DazzerUKUK »

And so much for all that whining on here about how different it would be if were played on Radio 1..............
And you say you never believed in luck

!

#14 Post by ! »

Drico One wrote:
kdx125 wrote:Maybe if more PSB fans actually went out and bought the bloody releases and support their "favourite" act instead of winging about how they couldn't find it in this shop
And how exactly would they do that if it is not available in the shops? The mind boggles...

Drico.
LOL!

What exactly is wrong with having a top 20 hit rather than a top 10 hit? Sure, being in the top 10 would've been great but it's not like they're not in the charts at all :roll:

I said all along Minimal wouldn't be a top 10 hit but everyone was like WOW! OMG! IT'S BEING PLAYED ON RADIO 1!!!!!!!!11111111111!!

WELL DONE FOR HAVING ANOTHER TOP 20 HIT!!!!
DazzerUKUK wrote:I guess that's the end of the third single then!
Er, why?
Last edited by ! on Sun 30 Jul 2006, 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danimal

#15 Post by Danimal »

I think the fact that Amazon didn't have the most desirable format with the previously unavailable bonus tracks (DVD) in stock at all during the first week is at least partially responsible for the low chart placement.