predictions for psb in 2008

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
davenjulieuk

predictions for psb in 2008

#1 Post by davenjulieuk »

What do you think PSB will give us in 2008 ?

I think we will get a new album in autumn followed by a little promo tour to promote it.

I think we will also get the nightlife further listening in summer along with either the discovery or 1988 live show on DVD for the first time.

The boys will do a couple more battleship shows and we might hear some more about the "ballet"

Anyone got anymore PSB predictions ?
Miracles happen when you're around...

TheGhostOfMyself

#2 Post by TheGhostOfMyself »

At least 6 more Fundamental performances before the autumn
Two collaborations or remixes

And at the end of the year a hint that the new album is going to be a dramatic change to how they sound at the moment.

Very

#3 Post by Very »

no album for next year... concerts in the summer, the ballet thing and working on the new album
Madrid / Bucharest 2007

Syncratic

#4 Post by Syncratic »

I don't recall them doing a 1988 show but I predict that they will release their 1989 show at Wembley Arena in 2009 as a special edition DVD with tons of extras.

As for 2008 probably a couple of remixes for other artists, perhaps an EP or some sort of stop gap untill the new album in 2009.

I can't see a new album in 2008.

Fugitive1979

#5 Post by Fugitive1979 »

I think the new album will be '09 at least. The ballet will be first. *shudders*

I hope that DiscoVery is released on DVD next year, though
:| :o

Tom Angel

#6 Post by Tom Angel »

Disco 5
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Monty--

#7 Post by Monty-- »

If you look at the album releases in the past...

Behaviour- 1990
Very - 1993
Bilingual- 1996
Nightlife- 1999
Release- 2002
Fundamental - 2006
I doubt an album will be released in 2008.

Pani

#8 Post by Pani »

A new album, I think, won't be for sale before 2009!

Ghost within this house

#9 Post by Ghost within this house »

no album, but the ballet... which I am in a minority in looking forward to.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

shamelessbehave

#10 Post by shamelessbehave »

Ballet and holidays.
http://www.myspace.com/shamelesssilvia

"It´s fundamental that we do only exist in our own universe. When you like Pet Shop Boys, you are in our world. This is absolutely crucial to our entire outlook...what we do has an incredibly strong identity and applies only to us. It´s a case of not recognising the existence of anybody else!". Neil Tennant.

disco

#11 Post by disco »

Monty-- wrote:If you look at the album releases in the past...

Behaviour- 1990
Very - 1993
Bilingual- 1996
Nightlife- 1999
Release- 2002
Fundamental - 2006
I doubt an album will be released in 2008.
You're right.. maybe we have new albun in 2009 :?

PopArt

#12 Post by PopArt »

The next album could easily be Spring 2010 if the Ballet gets in the way :(

As for this rear, I think it will be quite quiet in PSB terms. They will spend much of the year writing I think. Along the way we may get Nightlife Further Listening and Release Further Listening. We may get the 1989 show on DVD and possible Discovery on DVD. Maybe also a couple of remixes/ collaborations also but nothing too dramatic. There won't be too much going on to keep us excited I fear....

Our best hope, I think, is that the Boys will begin recording a new album in September. That would point to a Spring 2009 release for the next album. If we get to the end of the year and they haven't announced that they are recording, then 2010 will be looking more likely for the next record.
I'm always waiting...

TheGhostOfMyself

#13 Post by TheGhostOfMyself »

Here's a quick question, which makes them the most money, some full length live performances or a CD single? I wouldn't be surprised if they've made more money from the tour than the album.

MD

#14 Post by MD »

TheGhostOfMyself wrote:Here's a quick question, which makes them the most money, some full length live performances or a CD single? I wouldn't be surprised if they've made more money from the tour than the album.
I don't know if its true or not, but I have been told that most groups make more on touring than Record sales. The Record label get the Lions share of album sales.
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

TheGhostOfMyself

#15 Post by TheGhostOfMyself »

Indeed, that's why I asked, its also why Prince gave away free his new album with a UK newspaper as he knew he'd make more money from people wanting to see him in concert performing the songs. It's also why I suspect the PSB are keen to keep performing shows, they have a performance which people are happy to pay money for right now. In fact people in the more remote parts of the world are probably more likely to see the PSB perform something than buy their latest album.