Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Greendrake

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#196 Post by Greendrake »

Effen Vida wrote:Why?
If they repro them with the same media content as the original reissues, I won't be buying them just because I have the originals. And buying only subset of the "New Batch" (i.e. starting from Nightlife) would make me feel bad 'cause I won't have the complete thing :lol: . There is only one way to prevent this though: repro them exactly so that there is no difference whatsoever in the CDs, design, booklets etc.

By the way, I just realised that the original reissues are no longer available first hand. You can find new copies only from resellers at ridiculous prices which makes me super happy I bought them all when they were available.

ZiggyPSB

Re: 2017: "New Batch" of reissued & remastered albums w/ Further Listening albums

#197 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Greendrake wrote:By the way, I just realised that the original reissues are no longer available first hand. You can find new copies only from resellers at ridiculous prices which makes me super happy I bought them all when they were available.
And that's why I want them re-released so they aren't as valuable anymore and new people can buy them. F**k expensive resales.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Greendrake

#198 Post by Greendrake »

ZiggyPSB wrote:And that's why I want them re-released so they aren't as valuable anymore and new people can buy them.
What I don't get is why Parlophone does not keep printing them to keep the stock up. Yes PSB are not with them anymore but I guess they still hold the exclusive licence and would still pay PSB a % from sales.

PopArt

#199 Post by PopArt »

I really hope they do all of them in a box set. I would certainly pay for that. If they just reissue the 'next batch' it feels a bit of a missed opportunity. But as Drico says they need to be upfront about it. And actually it would be better if they did it all at once and not wait until later on to do the box set.

But given I will be out of the country for the Teenage Cancer Trust gig this is the PSB event of 2017 I am looking forward to the most.
I'm always waiting...

Danger

#200 Post by Danger »

They should reissued Very FL with the Live in Rio DVD... a pure dream, anyway great news for the new year. Hoping in a gig closer to Italy.

y3potential

#201 Post by y3potential »

Really hoping for a Relentless remaster. I understand it wasn't included on the original Very Further Listening due to space constraints..
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Dog

#202 Post by Dog »

I think we'll see something like:

April - Nightlife, Release and Fundamental deluxe CDs

August - Yes and Elysium deluxe CDs

November - complete reissue of all 11 Parlophone LPs plus Relentless - and a box set including all 12

November - reissue of the first six Parlophone deluxe CDs plus Relentless - and a boxset including all 12
Woof.

psbfannyc

#203 Post by psbfannyc »

Notice how they didn't discuss a 4th single from "Super". Time to move on from "Super" I suppose...

Drico One

#204 Post by Drico One »

Pop's about being new, so in a year where reissues are likely to take centre stage, a brand new single might make more sense than a fourth release from an album that's not really likely to sell a whole lot more.

Then again, what's a brand new single for? Would it be part of a greatest hits compilation - and I think they are due a two-CD definitive set - or would it simply promote some shows? Maybe a new album? Or maybe, just maybe, they'd like to release a brand new single simply for the sake of it. A completely random standalone single would make me very happy in 2017. I like that kind of left-field surprise. Pop for pop's sake.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

daveid

#205 Post by daveid »

Drico One wrote:Pop's about being new, so in a year where reissues are likely to take centre stage, a brand new single might make more sense than a fourth release from an album that's not really likely to sell a whole lot more.

Then again, what's a brand new single for? Would it be part of a greatest hits compilation - and I think they are due a two-CD definitive set - or would it simply promote some shows? Maybe a new album? Or maybe, just maybe, they'd like to release a brand new single simply for the sake of it. A completely random standalone single would make me very happy in 2017. I like that kind of left-field surprise. Pop for pop's sake.

Drico.
I reckon if they do release a new single it'll be some kind of limited edition remix from Super, maybe to tie in with their UK tourdates. The last time they released a stand alone single with no album whatsoever was Always on my mind, and that was during the Actually album campaign, with Heart a few months later. Won't happen, but then I like being wrong.

Drico One

#206 Post by Drico One »

Where the streets have no name was standalone. They just tacked on the overthrown a-side Seriously as a bit of an afterthought.

Somewhere was also standalone. But, yeah, that was 20 years ago now. I'm ancient.

Drico.

PS And surely there is an argument that the Christmas EP was standalone, too? It did have All over the world from Yes, but still... Paninaro '95 surely also qualifies. It didn't appear on Alternative... Maybe my fanciful notion isn't quite so preposterous. We can only wish.

Pod

#207 Post by Pod »

Can't see them re-releasing from Please to Bilingual FL on CD I think that is wishful thinking, but you never know!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Drico One

#208 Post by Drico One »

I really can't see why they wouldn't. The first batch of Further Listenings came out in a time before YouTube. Seriously, only Neil remembers that they stopped at Bilingual. Parlophone will surely want to milk this anniversary - or what's left of this anniversary - and maximise returns on the catalogue. Let's face it, all the hits were on the first five albums. The rest are only for us deviants.

Drico.

daveid

#209 Post by daveid »

Drico One wrote:Where the streets have no name was standalone. They just tacked on the overthrown a-side Seriously as a bit of an afterthought.

Somewhere was also standalone. But, yeah, that was 20 years ago now. I'm ancient.

Drico.

PS And surely there is an argument that the Christmas EP was standalone, too? It did have All over the world from Yes, but still... Paninaro '95 surely also qualifies. It didn't appear on Alternative... Maybe my fanciful notion isn't quite so preposterous. We can only wish.
Where the Streets was a double-A with Seriously from behaviour, Somewhere was released partly to promote Bilingual Special edition, Paninaro 95 tied in with Alternative, Christmas was a sort of substitute for AOTW from Yes, so these singles did sort of have albums alongside, but I think we're generally agreed. Maybe they could release something to promote the FLs...

Burn AKA Nu Sleaze? :?

Pod

#210 Post by Pod »

The albums with all the hits on were reissued and healthily promoted (at least here in the UK) when the Brit award for outstanding contribution was given. The FL stuff is more for the fans and most will have them already I would have thought. Again, willing to be wrong.
Last edited by Pod on Mon 02 Jan 2017, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.