Reissues project

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: Reissues project

#2281 Post by Dog »

Harry wrote:Those two changes are the only ones I’ve noticed. I find them interesting because it shows the tracks have been taken apart and reassembled remastered, rather than just having ‘a loudness filter applied to the 2001 remasters’ as has been suggested on here.
Far more likely is that they have just remastered the wrong versions.
Woof.

SIN

#2282 Post by SIN »

Does anyone know if please and actually are getting new japan reissues as well.

Greendrake

#2283 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIN

#2284 Post by SIN »

I am talking about the further listening project...

Fundamental, Nightlife and Release all had recent Japan releases.

I am wondering if the same is happening with Please, Actually and Introspective?

Greendrake

#2285 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIN

#2286 Post by SIN »

Not the first time an EU item has an obi added making it a Japan issue.

Maybe someone has the answer, it seems unlikely.

ZiggyPSB

#2287 Post by ZiggyPSB »

The deluxe edition packaging of Elysium was European. Listed 12 tracks on each disc when there was 13 because of the bonus tracks. Had an extra booklet inside for the Japanese lyrics.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

popfreak

#2288 Post by popfreak »

So Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money) (Original Twelve-Inch Mix), is it just me or is there a slight distortion/crackle on the right speaker? Starts 11 sec in.
I can hear it on my CD,apple music and Spotify

Shopper

#2289 Post by Shopper »

are there any additional tracks in the re-issue re-issue project, or just better sounding cds :roll:

i am yet to understand the logic behind this
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

fac23

#2290 Post by fac23 »

Just better sounding CDs. The logic I guess, was to have them available again. The 2001 issues were going for high prices on eBay, so anyone late to the party can now get better versions of the Further Listening sets at a fair price. The die hard PSB fans can choose to self flagellate and buy themselves another copy of tracks they've bought a thousand times already. I did, I'm proud to admit. ;)

Shopper

#2291 Post by Shopper »

fac23 wrote: Mon 16 Apr 2018, 9:01 am Just better sounding CDs. The logic I guess, was to have them available again. The 2001 issues were going for high prices on eBay, so anyone late to the party can now get better versions of the Further Listening sets at a fair price. The die hard PSB fans can choose to self flagellate and buy themselves another copy of tracks they've bought a thousand times already. I did, I'm proud to admit. ;)
:mrgreen: thanks!!!
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Jack Acksadapo

#2292 Post by Jack Acksadapo »

popfreak wrote: Sun 15 Apr 2018, 10:05 pm So Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money) (Original Twelve-Inch Mix), is it just me or is there a slight distortion/crackle on the right speaker? Starts 11 sec in.
The question also remains, did they replace the bad edit with the original 6:44 12" version? I'm not buying it to find out...

TwizzleUK

#2293 Post by TwizzleUK »

What (and at what point) is the bad edit in the 'Further Listening' version(s) of the original 'Opportunities' 12"? I've never known what it is listen out for.

MD

#2294 Post by MD »

popfreak wrote: Sun 15 Apr 2018, 10:05 pm So Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money) (Original Twelve-Inch Mix), is it just me or is there a slight distortion/crackle on the right speaker? Starts 11 sec in.
I’m not hearing it. Just got a new set of left & right front speakers by Polk and it sounds great to me. I’m so pleased with the new CD re-masters. The improvement is amazing in my book, the sound engineer has done a fantastic job on all of the CDs. I’ve had “Introspective” on constant play since I’ve gotten it. There’s so much more detail than on the 2001 masters. The base is tight and punchy and the separation between the left and right channels is excellent. The vocals are a bit higher in the mix as well, I’m hearing backing vocals I wasn’t aware of before. No need for the 2001 masters from now on.

PS- turn the volume way up, they sound fantastic loud and no distortion!
"Not everyone is lucky enough to understand how delicious it is to suffer"

Disco.

#2295 Post by Disco. »

Me neither.