Live DVD's

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
kvo4ever

Live DVD's

#1 Post by kvo4ever » Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:41 am

Does anyone know if/when an Electric live DVD will be available? Obviously not the bootleg version that went around a while back as it's for my collection.

I've scrolled through and this maybe a discussion we've had on here before and I've missed it. If it's about can someone direct me. Many thanks

Drem

Re: Live DVD's

#2 Post by Drem » Sun 20 Nov 2016, 8:45 pm

Personally myself I'm more interested in Release Tour DVD, but I hope they will release anything from Electric Tour someday... although this may take no less than a decade for them to find the reason for the DVD release. Maybe for "Electric" anniversary/Further Listening edition, when they will need some bonus material for deluxe package... Until that, blame all those Youtubers spending whole concerts standing there with cameraphones in their stretched hands! "Look at my shaky blurred vertical videos where I'm singing along loudly, whoo!"
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

daveid

#3 Post by daveid » Sun 20 Nov 2016, 10:41 pm

The future of music dvds is as part of super deluxe album reissues. They're virtually obsolete on their own

DJ Pat

#4 Post by DJ Pat » Sun 20 Nov 2016, 11:26 pm

Be serious, it ain't happening!
Live synth pop tracks you might have forgotten about.
https://soundcloud.com/user-152577839

goughsjd

#5 Post by goughsjd » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:29 pm

I think live DVDs are now a thing of the past , Kate bush didn't even release hers from the Hammersmith the other year ... However I do think it's. A shame but YouTube means there is no real need to bother !!
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

JSDOUVRES

#6 Post by JSDOUVRES » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 9:56 pm

Agree that they are probably a thing of the past now. We did get some excellent quality recordings from the Electric tour which are easily and legally downloadable from youtube (I think so anyway as long as it is for personal use?)
    Just hope that the current show gets recorded somewhere, shame that it hasn't been already as the Electric tour was recorded in the States, Brazil and Argentina if I remember correctly and they have finished the North and South American tour now.
    I suppose that sales don't justify the cost of recording such shows for DVD release anymore. The ones that were recorded were done for live streaming and tv I think which is why they are nothing special in regards to effects and camera angles but more than good enough to watch of course.

MikeyC

#7 Post by MikeyC » Mon 21 Nov 2016, 10:27 pm

I'm still upset that we never got an official audio release of The Electric Tour! It more than warranted it!

Pod

#8 Post by Pod » Tue 22 Nov 2016, 1:20 am

daveid wrote:The future of music dvds is as part of super deluxe album reissues. They're virtually obsolete on their own
    This ^^^^^^
    Although it is a crying shame.
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Suburban_Boy

#9 Post by Suburban_Boy » Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:37 pm

Well I guess this is the next best thing....for Super at least. Is it a radio or TV channel?

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2016-11-27/wdr

DJAMIX

#10 Post by DJAMIX » Sun 27 Nov 2016, 7:42 pm

It's interesting to imagine a complete set of reissues with a 3rd CD being a gig DVD.
    One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

NikacP0kac

#11 Post by NikacP0kac » Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:23 pm

Suburban_Boy wrote:Well I guess this is the next best thing....for Super at least. Is it a radio or TV channel?

http://petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts/2016-11-27/wdr
    It's gonna be proper audio anyway, that's all we need. The visual aspect of the concert IMHO needs to be experienced in person.
    Have a look at my taste in music:
    http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

West End Boy

#12 Post by West End Boy » Sun 27 Nov 2016, 9:44 pm

Best. News. Ever.

WDR is both a TV and a radio station. This is amazing. On the way home from Leipzig yesterday I thought about how great it would be to have a proper recording of all those amazing "new versions of old songs", as Neil puts it. If it turns out to be more than an audio recording, this would be even better. It's actually quite likely that it's more than just the audio, because in German some TV channels always show entire concerts on New Year's Eve.
    Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate.

tottenhammattspurs

#13 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 1:55 pm

It's on record from Neil that the Release tour was never filmed.
    is is and isnt isnt

stormynight

#14 Post by stormynight » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 3:06 pm

tottenhammattspurs wrote:It's on record from Neil that the Release tour was never filmed.
    Release Tour was filmed in Cologne. It´s on YouTube. Not perfect quality.
    Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

Drem

#15 Post by Drem » Mon 28 Nov 2016, 6:38 pm

tottenhammattspurs wrote:It's on record from Neil that the Release tour was never filmed.
    I think he meant it was never filmed/directed for a proper video release.
    "I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
    (Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)