Live DVD's

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
astrocordoba

Re: Live DVD's

#16 Post by astrocordoba »

I have the DVD from the 40TV broadcasting of the concert in Madrid, that was the same setlist than in Sonar 2002 in Barcelona in the next day. I think this free concert
with limited audience in a small venue was thought to film the tour, but the final result was not good enough and it was cancelled .

joepsb

#17 Post by joepsb »

West End Boy wrote:Best. News. Ever.

WDR is both a TV and a radio station. This is amazing. On the way home from Leipzig yesterday I thought about how great it would be to have a proper recording of all those amazing "new versions of old songs", as Neil puts it. If it turns out to be more than an audio recording, this would be even better. It's actually quite likely that it's more than just the audio, because in German some TV channels always show entire concerts on New Year's Eve.
WDR 2 In Concert | 1 January 2017, 23.00 - 00.00 WDR 2
doesn't look like its going to be full show

canveyboy

#18 Post by canveyboy »

joepsb wrote:
West End Boy wrote:Best. News. Ever.

WDR is both a TV and a radio station. This is amazing. On the way home from Leipzig yesterday I thought about how great it would be to have a proper recording of all those amazing "new versions of old songs", as Neil puts it. If it turns out to be more than an audio recording, this would be even better. It's actually quite likely that it's more than just the audio, because in German some TV channels always show entire concerts on New Year's Eve.
WDR 2 In Concert | 1 January 2017, 23.00 - 00.00 WDR 2
doesn't look like its going to be full show
The truncated set list is here:-

http://www1.wdr.de/radio/wdr2/programm/ ... s-112.html

So disappointed that it's not the full show! Why bother editing it down? Just broadcast the whole thing for god's sake!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

leesmapman

#19 Post by leesmapman »

I'm pretty pissed they've cut In The Night.

joepsb

#20 Post by joepsb »

you'll prolly be more pissed off its radio not tv

Pod

#21 Post by Pod »

Any idea on how to listen from the UK?
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

leesmapman

#22 Post by leesmapman »

Pod wrote:Any idea on how to listen from the UK?
wdr2.radio.de

Pod

#23 Post by Pod »

leesmapman wrote:
Pod wrote:Any idea on how to listen from the UK?
wdr2.radio.de
Thanks!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

minimal

#24 Post by minimal »

Regarding Release: What a fantastic tour this has been. One of their finest and so much better than the crap laser mass entertaining/ pleasing they do nowadays. Anyway, I remember ARTE streaming some properly filmed songs of their Hamburg Gruenspan gig. I recorded it on VHS back in the days. Guess the streaming was part of ARTE TRACKS but can't really remember if that was really the case. Does anybody know/ remember?

m+

Danger

#25 Post by Danger »

minimal wrote:Regarding Release: What a fantastic tour this has been. One of their finest and so much better than the crap laser mass entertaining/ pleasing they do nowadays.
Totally agree even 'cos their did a really interesting set-list with deep new arrangements (one of the best Go West live version ever for example). It's a shame that there is not a live CD of that great tour. I'm a bit bored of laser: ok they used them for Electric and it was nice but I hoped in something different for this tour.

Drem

#26 Post by Drem »

Danger wrote:their did a really interesting set-list with deep new arrangements (one of the best Go West live version ever for example).
Well, I know it's a matter of personal taste, but for me this version of "Go West" is one of the most mediocre arrangements they ever did, thanks for these cheap horrible vocoder shouts that had ruined it completely. Excluding very nice and laidback acoustic intro, I can't bear it. Absolute highlight of the tour was "Love comes quickly".
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Danger

#27 Post by Danger »

Drem wrote:Well, I know it's a matter of personal taste, but for me this version of "Go West" is one of the most mediocre arrangements they ever did, thanks for these cheap horrible vocoder shouts that had ruined it completely. Excluding very nice and laidback acoustic intro, I can't bear it. Absolute highlight of the tour was "Love comes quickly".
Yes of course the vocoder chorus was really a terrible idea, but the intro was amazing.