on now Super Cologne

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

NikacP0kac

Re: on now Super Cologne

#2 Post by NikacP0kac »

No sound coming on for me. Am using Google Chrome on Windows 10.

EDIT: Microsoft Edge works. Chrome is really s*it of late.
Last edited by NikacP0kac on Sun 01 Jan 2017, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

Wish

#3 Post by Wish »

Try this
http://wdr2.radio.de/
but it's almost done now. Last song is going to be

Danger

#4 Post by Danger »

Did someone record the show?

Drem

#5 Post by Drem »

I uploaded my recording on my auxiliary account on Soundcloud:
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

Remark

#6 Post by Remark »

Thanks so much Drem! Great to hear it.

ype

#7 Post by ype »

Thanks a lot! A pity Love comes quickly wasn't aired.

NikacP0kac

#8 Post by NikacP0kac »

No Love Comes Quickly, no In The Night, meh. Hope they do release live audio officially from this tour, it's weirdly quiet on the live-streaming front, in comparison with Electric which had many (even video) recordings. Could mean something official is going to happen.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

oakey

#9 Post by oakey »

I also recorded it and split the stream into separate mp3 tracks so I can listen to it on my iPhone as well.
It is really a pity that several WDR2 jingles were included in the show, most of them between tracks (I edited these out) but also one during the break of Burn. Very annoying but maybe a contractual thing. And indeed the songs that were aired are not the most interesting ones from the setlist IMO (omitting In the night, the new arrangement for Left to my own devices, Love comes quickly, Dictator, It's a sin and many more). The broadcast is only 53 minutes.

Still nice, I went to the Tilburg concert that took place the day after the Cologne show.

joepsb

#10 Post by joepsb »

Drem wrote:I uploaded my recording on my auxiliary account on Soundcloud:
can this be downloaded ?

Drem

#11 Post by Drem »

You may rip it easily from Soundcloud, there are free & simple extensions/tools for Firefox, Opera and Chrome to help you. As for quality of resulting file, it will be the same of original web streaming (128 kbps), unfortunately.
"I think it’s an amazingly good album, I’ve got to be honest with you. It’s one of the albums I feel most proud of. But for people who don’t really know us, and have a sort of an idea about us, ‘Electric’ is more what the Pet Shop Boys are meant to be."
(Neil Tennant, speaking about "Elysium" on the eve of "Electric" release.)

leesmapman

#12 Post by leesmapman »

Hearing the intro of In The Night but it being cut from the broadcast breaks the heart :-(

goughsjd

#13 Post by goughsjd »

leesmapman wrote:Hearing the intro of In The Night but it being cut from the broadcast breaks the heart :-(
Never a truer thing said :(
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Danger

#14 Post by Danger »

Drem wrote:I uploaded my recording on my auxiliary account on Soundcloud:
    Many thanks for sharing this! I've missed that gig but at least I can listen a part of the concert.

DJ Pat

#15 Post by DJ Pat »

Yes, many thanks for this. Sound quality isn't 100% but at least it isn't like those awful YT uploads

But stll makes me shiver with excitement listening .....