"Annually 2017", pre-order now

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
MikeyC

Re: "Annually 2017", pre-order now

#151 Post by MikeyC »

The only 'issue' I ever had was very recent when I ordered a "SUPER" mug which looks gorgeous... and it got lost in the mail! :( And then the shop ran out of stock. At least I received a refund.

DJ Fairborne

#152 Post by DJ Fairborne »

My copy has just arrived in today's post - well chuffed! The envelope it came in was massive! The book looks lovely & the CD is nice too & I've got it on now. The 'new' version of "Left To My Own Devices" is excellent & the Tuff City Kids remix of "Undertow" sounds a bit 80's-ish (like the Grum remix of West End girls). Both of them are good, but not so keen on the Baba Stiltz Remix of "Burn" though. It has hardly any of the original track in it, sigh. Still, overall, I'm very happy with the book & CD!...

The CD is seperate from the book & in it's own slipcase btw. :)

Andie

#153 Post by Andie »

grantwww wrote: Fri 31 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm I got the email and I'm in Australia so the overseas orders have been dispatched.

I've never had a problem ordering from the OS, touch wood.
+ 1 Mind you, I'm still waiting for my Super tour programme & key fob which were dispatched on March 13th! Probably taking a detour on the way :lol:
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

tottenhammattspurs

#154 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Well. It's here.

And the cd gets sent separately it seems........:-(
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#155 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Here....
Attachments
IMG_7872.JPG
IMG_7872.JPG (1.81 MiB) Viewed 3346 times
IMG_7871.JPG
IMG_7871.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 3346 times
IMG_7873.JPG
IMG_7873.JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 3346 times
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#156 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

DJ Fairborne wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:40 am My copy has just arrived in today's post - well chuffed! The envelope it came in was massive! The book looks lovely & the CD is nice too & I've got it on now. The 'new' version of "Left To My Own Devices" is excellent & the Tuff City Kids remix of "Undertow" sounds a bit 80's-ish (like the Grum remix of West End girls). Both of them are good, but not so keen on the Baba Stiltz Remix of "Burn" though. It has hardly any of the original track in it, sigh. Still, overall, I'm very happy with the book & CD!...

Did the cd come totally separate? As my copy doesn't have any cd...
is is and isnt isnt

TG

#157 Post by TG »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2017, 9:43 am Well. It's here.

And the cd gets sent separately it seems........:-(
Well mines arrived this morn, both items

canveyboy

#158 Post by canveyboy »

Both book and CD arrived this morning in one package. The card envelope was huge! Nearly missed the CD tucked away!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

tottenhammattspurs

#159 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Problem averted! Arrived an hour later as a totally separate package. Weird way of doing to. Not like a cd single would dramatically increase the weight of a book.....
is is and isnt isnt

canveyboy

#160 Post by canveyboy »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2017, 9:53 am
DJ Fairborne wrote: Sat 01 Apr 2017, 8:40 am My copy has just arrived in today's post - well chuffed! The envelope it came in was massive! The book looks lovely & the CD is nice too & I've got it on now. The 'new' version of "Left To My Own Devices" is excellent & the Tuff City Kids remix of "Undertow" sounds a bit 80's-ish (like the Grum remix of West End girls). Both of them are good, but not so keen on the Baba Stiltz Remix of "Burn" though. It has hardly any of the original track in it, sigh. Still, overall, I'm very happy with the book & CD!...

Did the cd come totally separate? As my copy doesn't have any cd...
Check the card envelope again! If your book arrived in that huge card envelope then have another look because I nearly missed the CD, it was almost hidden!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Waterboy

#161 Post by Waterboy »

Mine came as well this morning, cd was separate, but in the same large package as the book. Both items were sealed. Have had a brief look at the book, the royal Albert hall concert will be based on the Salford show from a few years back. The reissues are due to come out sometime this year, no details on the content.

davee

#162 Post by davee »

I was about to post a comment saying (as it turns out) exactly what you wrote above. So I'll just say "Me too". Disappointed by the 'Burn' remix, that was just a waste of 10 minutes!

scousepsbfan

#163 Post by scousepsbfan »

Sounds like I needn't have been going so mad for not getting a copy. I thought there might at least be a FL tracklist, and the 'hoped for' mix of Burn sounds like a load of rubbish. Oh well..
Fight for love or love to fight......

Spittingcat

#164 Post by Spittingcat »

Oh wow…

- so glad the book is ROH heavy, and lots of good photos, takes me back
- my son keeps laughing out loud as he reads it, so they boys must be on usual form
- a great old fashioned extended/dance mix of Undertow, improves on the album version for me
- love the left field mix of Burn, but, of course, would love/prefer an extended PSB/Price version
- reasons for Burn not being a single make sense, a shame though
- Super version of Introspective is as great as I remember, takes me back to ROH again
- book properly protected by the packaging, a relief and a good approach

No complaints, except waiting in turn to actually read the book!

Debussy

#165 Post by Debussy »

Mine arrived too. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

I LOVE the Left to my own devices remix - it almost needs an edit to extend it - more acid!

The Untertow remix is great - 80s yet now. Good job from Tuff City Kids. I can't help but think there's an amazing remix or edit of Undertow yet to come or missing that shifts it into a different realm. The superb intro needs more focus in my opinion.

Baba Stiltz 'Burn' remix is obviously not what most were expecting. I'm interested to know opinions from those who live in Germany and who go clubbing, as this sounds like it would work perfectly on a Berlin dancefloor. It sounds to me like this remix reflects what they are hearing. And remember this is about context in that it's for a club, not something I'd put on doing the housework.
I love the stretched vocals - for me it's a grower.
I'd love an extended instrumental of the original. I've never been a fan of the (cringeworthy) chorus lyric.