HMV prints

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Patrick Bateman

HMV prints

#1 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Does anyone have any definitive news on whether HMV will be doing the cover prints for Yes and Elysium which they did for the previous reissues?

robbie'o'

Re: HMV prints

#2 Post by robbie'o' »

Having spoken to HMV online I can confirm that yes, they are doing them and that they are only available in physical stores
if you can't always be good at least always be kind...

Patrick Bateman

#3 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Okay, thank you!

robbie'o'

#4 Post by robbie'o' »

No worries :D
if you can't always be good at least always be kind...

tottenhammattspurs

#5 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

*checks HMV in Guildford still exists*
is is and isnt isnt

JSDOUVRES

#6 Post by JSDOUVRES »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Thu 12 Oct 2017, 11:43 am *checks HMV in Guildford still exists*
It does and it is my local one. Changed places a few years ago but still in the Friary. Last time they had loads of prints weeks after release so they should be good for the next lot! Can't wait!

tottenhammattspurs

#7 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Ah, it's moved has it? I went to the Friary a few months back and where it was, it wasn't!
I'll go hunting friday morning then....
is is and isnt isnt

JSDOUVRES

#8 Post by JSDOUVRES »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 13 Oct 2017, 3:31 pm Ah, it's moved has it? I went to the Friary a few months back and where it was, it wasn't!
I'll go hunting friday morning then....
Not moved far, just opposite side of the centre by the escalators going up towards the bus station.

tottenhammattspurs

#9 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Just a heads up on hmv Guildford.

One copy on vinyl of each release.

One.

And the prints you will have to ask for as they have no idea
is is and isnt isnt

E-Mail Vampire

#10 Post by E-Mail Vampire »

HMV Milton Keynes have been great with their knowledge both times. They still also have sets of prints for Nightlife - Fundamental if anyone wants/needs them. When I collected Yes and Elysium this morning , the blokes said “shouldn’t there be art prints with them?” One then looked under the counter pulled the other 3 and said “No they are from the previous ones,I have seen the new ones. I will go and check upstairs” went then came back with them.

Danny C

#11 Post by Danny C »

tottenhammattspurs wrote: Fri 20 Oct 2017, 9:55 amAnd the prints you will have to ask for as they have no idea
Similar situation at HMV Liverpool this morning. The cashier at the counter had no idea, although I could actually see the prints behind the counter and pointed them out to him. "First I've heard of it" he said (sounds like something Chris might say LOL). His colleague on another till was aware of the offer though, she seemed a bit more switched on.

goughsjd

#12 Post by goughsjd »

Can’t complain about the HMV in braehead , great service and we’re completely aware of the prints !! They only had 3 prints apparently ! Only thing is they didn’t have the vinyl on display but went and got it from the back for us !!
Love the prints tho they look great in the wall
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Padster

#13 Post by Padster »

Can’t complain here in Warrington either. The HMV staff were brilliant. Only one set of vinyl in the store but prints were offered upon purchase without even asking. Happy with the prints. :dance:

Sandy Shaw

#14 Post by Sandy Shaw »

HMV Oxford St great again. I asked for the prints and got great service with a smile and a wink from the assistant!
    What's for supper?

Postie

#15 Post by Postie »

Had them at my local store and were well aware of offer. They were giving prints only if you bought both Albums and if you got either Vinyl and CD. The Manager said that it should be one set per Customer but she gave me 2 as I spent quite a lot in there at time and they know me quite well.