New Annually - April 2nd 2018.

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Re: New Annually - April 2nd 2018.

#211 Post by retrofuturist »

Hi Andie,

No, I'm literally just filling in a query to the official site as we speak (I just popped back into this topic to check the date you received yours, so I could let them know...)

Retro. :)
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Andie

#212 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote: Tue 15 May 2018, 3:40 am Hi Andie,

No, I'm literally just filling in a query to the official site as we speak (I just popped back into this topic to check the date you received yours, so I could let them know...)

That is so disappointing. Mine was delivered to my work PO box as usual, but that shouldn't really make a difference.
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

retrofuturist

#213 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Andie,
Andie wrote: Tue 15 May 2018, 10:41 am That is so disappointing. Mine was delivered to my work PO box as usual, but that shouldn't really make a difference.
They did quickly declare it "lost" and gave me a refund, so I credit them for that.

Given yours turned up not so long ago, and it sounds like some other member's deliveries have gone round and round the mulberry bush, I'm not giving up on it just yet!

(If it was last year's issue with the Undertow CD single, I'd have been much more anxious!)

"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

Andie

#214 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote: Wed 16 May 2018, 3:30 am Greetings Andie,
Andie wrote: Tue 15 May 2018, 10:41 am That is so disappointing. Mine was delivered to my work PO box as usual, but that shouldn't really make a difference.
They did quickly declare it "lost" and gave me a refund, so I credit them for that.

Given yours turned up not so long ago, and it sounds like some other member's deliveries have gone round and round the mulberry bush, I'm not giving up on it just yet!

(If it was last year's issue with the Undertow CD single, I'd have been much more anxious!)

Hi Retro :)

I'm pleased that you got a refund at least, but still it's very annoying. Fingers crossed it suddenly shows up & surprises you!!

My 2017 Annually parcel got opened by Customs! It was very neatly slit open at one end, luckily the CD didn't fall out!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Dipso

#215 Post by Dipso »

My Annually has finally turned up today, six weeks after it was mailed from The Netherlands. Huzzah!
Prick up your ears.

le petit corbusier

#216 Post by le petit corbusier »

I'm tired of waiting. I'll contact the shop and try get a refund. :/
Look left, then right
And run for your life

le petit corbusier

#217 Post by le petit corbusier »

Oh!! As soon as I posted this the doorbell rang! I just received it! : D
Look left, then right
And run for your life

young.offender

#218 Post by young.offender »

Book was sent on 3th may - I'm still waiting!! :( (Germany)

Drico One

#219 Post by Drico One »

You’re not missing much. It’s really not worth the wait.

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

NikacP0kac

#220 Post by NikacP0kac »

Drico One wrote: Fri 18 May 2018, 7:23 pm You’re not missing much. It’s really not worth the wait.

Drico.
I'm so glad I cancelled this and spent the money on an Editors concert, with a couple of Euros to spare for drinks. :dance:
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

lucienchardon

#221 Post by lucienchardon »

Finally had a chance to read it from cover to cover. As usual great stuff. Love the interview with Pete Gleadall, he makes some interesting comparisons between working with PSB and working with George Michael. Also love the tour of London. If I ever go there again I'll make sure to walk by some of those places. Only sad thing was reading that In The Club Or In The Queue may never be released.

S-sense

#222 Post by S-sense »

No Annually in Germany, too. Well, i contacted the Pet Shop and they were very courteous.
Is there a pdf of this hard to get-item?

payo

#223 Post by payo »

:shifty: It arrived TODAY in Madrid.