PSB's Tours - "around the back"?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Marie loves PSB

PSB's Tours - "around the back"?

#1 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Hello! :D Many of times it is mentioned that when PSB's tour quite a few of you are very lucky to have met Neil and Chris "around the back." Please could you possibly let me know how you do it? E.g actually find where "around the back is" and do "security" stop you going there etc..? Sorry, such silly questions but, I don't know.

negative1

Re: PSB's Tours - "around the back"?

#2 Post by negative1 »

Depends on the venue. When I saw them in New York City (Nightlife tour 1999), me and some friends just waited at the back door after the concert.
A little while later chris and neil came out. Chris ducked into the limo very quickly, while Neil stayed around and autographed a handful of items for people.

I got a signed cover of the always on my mind promo single from him.

It's nice to try, but definitely check out the area ahead of time, and maybe try to find out where the exits are from other fans.

later

ChoonHound

#3 Post by ChoonHound »

During Nightlife is was very easy. During Release they ran away very quickly -- in Atlanta, anyway. Fundamental was easy. After that, I stopped trying.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Dog

#4 Post by Dog »

After the opening night at the Savoy they had drinks, chatted and signed behind the hotel.
Woof.

MorganGrrl

#5 Post by MorganGrrl »

Luke Colorado wrote: Thu 15 Feb 2018, 7:21 pm During Nightlife is was very easy. During Release they ran away very quickly -- in Atlanta, anyway. Fundamental was easy. After that, I stopped trying.
Yep, I met them upstairs in the nightclub at the Tabernacle after the Nightlife show. The Release venue was kinda weird...if I recall there was a door right at the back of the stage that opened directly outside to their waiting limo.

~M
Any man, in the right situation, is capable of murder. But not any man is capable of being a good camper. So, murder and camping are not as similar as you might think. ~Jack Handey

Marie loves PSB

#6 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Thank you for your replies! :D I'm glad some of you got to meet PSB's. :D When they tour again (If I can go that is) I will have to have a look for "around the back". I really regret that when we went to Nottingham -when we were waiting for our Taxi a lorry went in to the back past us with a "Super" sticker in the front window. We should have followed it in. I could kick myself now. :(