In the studio: 21 songs for the new album so far

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

In the studio: 21 songs for the new album so far

#1 Post by Nickname »

Writing the next PSB album will continue this month when Chris and Neil return from holidays. They have been writing throughout the year and so far have 21 new songs. The new album will be produced by Stuart Price. #PetText

Future Lover

Re: In the studio: 21 songs for the new album so far

#2 Post by Future Lover »

Fantasic news. The specific number of tracks almost hints at a double album! Sorry for the poor old sacks who wanted Stuart Price gone.

zukunft

#3 Post by zukunft »

Future Lover wrote: Tue 04 Sep 2018, 9:36 pm The specific number of tracks almost hints at a double album!
Ehm, no. They‘ve always got 20-30 tracks and only 10-12 will be on the album. Some might end up as b-sides or bonus tracks and some they just don‘t finish.

Pod

#4 Post by Pod »

Excellent news! Love Electric and Super, another Price album is most welcome.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Bjossi

#5 Post by Bjossi »

Agreed, Electric and Super are the two albums I listen to the most pretty much since they first came out, looking forward to hearing where they go with the 3rd Price collab. 2019 or 2020? That's what I'm wondering right now.

Greendrake

#6 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goughsjd

#7 Post by goughsjd »

We all knew it was gonna be price so nothing unexpected and I’m looking forward to it , Turn It On !
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

britboy

#8 Post by britboy »

I remember Neil saying when Super was released that they had written more pop orientated songs but would keep them for the next album with Stuart Price, so I wonder if these are amongst the 21 new songs....??

psblefrere

#9 Post by psblefrere »

Neil told me 22 🤔, I’m guessing they must of lost one 😂😂.
    He also said it was likely to be released in autumn 2019, when I asked.
    So this time next year should be busy 💷💷

Nickname

#10 Post by Nickname »

There is a Spanish music magazine called Je Ne Sais Pop which suggests it's time to move on with the producer:
    http://jenesaispop.com/2018/09/05/34026 ... art-price/

DJ Pat

#11 Post by DJ Pat »

Not really excited any more. This Price era has produced 2 albums the latter of which is hardly a masterpiece.

Move on.

Blaahh

#12 Post by Blaahh »

Agreed. Super was largely awful, One of the changes i would make to reverse the drop in quality is find a different producer.

Disco.

#13 Post by Disco. »

No it wasn't 😡

Pod

#14 Post by Pod »

nickname wrote: Wed 05 Sep 2018, 7:46 pm There is a Spanish music magazine called Je Ne Sais Pop which suggests it's time to move on with the producer:
    http://jenesaispop.com/2018/09/05/34026 ... art-price/
    Well, they’re not - fact.
    Super was a decent album in my opinion and I’d welcome the third part of Price’s trilogy. Electric and Super are both good, but are different from each other. This will be different again I’m sure.
    Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
    It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

NikacP0kac

#15 Post by NikacP0kac »

I'm sorry Price-hating peeps - but if the material isn't any good to start with (which I think is your main gripe, because the songs aren't conventional pop songs), then the album is not going to be any better with a different producer.

I, for one, very much like Super, but think it's very superficial and a cheap thrill, whereas Electric had just a tad more depth. I'm hoping the third installment in the trilogy is the darkest and the most techno-ey yet. Monochromatic stunning artwork and all.
    Have a look at my taste in music:
    http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant