PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
NikacP0kac

Re: PSB announce ‘Inner Sanctum’ live DVD/BLU RAY/CD

#16 Post by NikacP0kac »

Shame both concerts omit Twenty-Something.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

ZiggyPSB

#17 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Just as well I had a 12 pound Amazon voucher waiting to be spent. Ordered this for £8.99. Good excuse to use it.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

TwizzleUK

#18 Post by TwizzleUK »

I wonder if the sound mix on the CDs will be different to the DVD/Blu-ray, as it was on the Pandemonium set? If so, I'm glad there's a DVD included as I've not worked out how to rip audio from Blu-ray yet! DVD=rippable; Blu-ray=better picture quality.

Only gripe is I'd have much preferred the bonus live set to be one of the 'Electric' shows (there's at least one decent TV recording on YouTube) rather than the Super set twice.

Are there any tracks in the festival bonus Super show that aren't in the Opera House set? A bit pointless including this over an 'Electric' set if not.

Parkol

#19 Post by Parkol »

I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...

Pod

#20 Post by Pod »

Parkol wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 2:24 pm I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
‘Useless stuff’? Hmm :roll:
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Parkol

#21 Post by Parkol »

Pod wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 2:30 pm
Parkol wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 2:24 pm I really wonder, who will buy it? I will wait for their new album, singles, but I won't buy it. They release a lot of useless stuff like Cubism, Pandemonium...
Well, let's compare Concrete or Performance... or even Montage with Pandemonium, Cubism.

Disco.

#22 Post by Disco. »

Great news !

Disco.

#23 Post by Disco. »

Parkol wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 2:33 pm
Well, let's compare Concrete or Performance... or even Montage with Pandemonium, Cubism.
Useless how dare you !

agent doris

#24 Post by agent doris »

My god, what a bunch of moaners!! Good lord... if N&C were to read this, they’d say Why do we bother?!! It’s the wrong shape, there’s to much content, a song that wasn’t performed isn’t on it...

Your getting a beautifully packaged visual and audio extravaganza for £20!!

Decisional

#25 Post by Decisional »

Apparently sold out on amazon! Well done boys, but woe me who now had to order from that other place where shipping was THIRTEEN POUNDS to Sweden. Bloody muggers.
Eric
Thunder... It's July

Parkol

#26 Post by Parkol »

Disco. wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm

Useless how dare you !
The quality of Concrete and Performance are much, much better. Only the wind is amazing in Montage. Cubism... Pandemonium... I don't think so. Release tour was good, live instruments and etc...

Fans wanted Relentless, they release the concert, fans wanted the singles collection - PSB release the concerts. I don't understand their logic.

Decisional

#27 Post by Decisional »

Parkol wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 4:09 pm
Disco. wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 3:04 pm

Useless how dare you !
The quality of Concrete and Performance are much, much better. Only the wind is amazing in Montage. Cubism... Pandemonium... I don't think so. Release tour was good, live instruments and etc...

Fans wanted Relentless, they release the concert, fans wanted the singles collection - PSB release the concerts. I don't understand their logic.
Stop whining and start listening to Depeche Mode, maybe they treat their fans better.
Eric
Thunder... It's July

canveyboy

#28 Post by canveyboy »

Just bought it from Rough Trade. Never ordered from them before so hope it all goes smoothly with them!

Looking forward to it but just gotta figure out how to rip the blu ray to MP4??!!!!??
Its taken me all of my life to find you

Gabby

#29 Post by Gabby »

canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am
RMC wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:24 am If you look at the packaging on the Amazon link it’s 4 discs and it looks great.
Yeah, bit odd though that the dvd and blu ray are packaged together. You don’t have a choice of format - you have to buy both. Never seen that before.
Really? It's pretty much standard these days to buy a movie packaged with both DVD and BluRay versions together. I like it because for a while I didn't have a BluRay player, but now that I do, I can watch those too (or pick and choose between both).

I'm very happy about this. No moaning here whatsoever. Did LOL at the comment about VHS though. Very droll! :lol:

le petit corbusier

#30 Post by le petit corbusier »

Gabby wrote:
canveyboy wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:28 am
RMC wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019, 11:24 am If you look at the packaging on the Amazon link it’s 4 discs and it looks great.
Did LOL at the comment about VHS though. Very droll! Image

Well, I'm not laughing here. If you think of it, PSB sales started to sink as soon as cd became standard in the 90s. They must go back to vinyl and VHS only. Laser disc is alright too because the artwork is big and I can touch it and makes for a good frame as well. If they don't even care, as this release clearly shows, why should I buy this? :/

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

Look left, then right
And run for your life