Final results of poll on the most underrated and overrated PSB albums

All Geowayne's polls and results.
geowayne

Final results of poll on the most underrated and overrated PSB albums

#1 Post by geowayne »

The final votes are in for my survey of the past two weeks, in which I asked my site visitors to choose what they consider to be the Pet Shop Boys most underrated and most overrated studio albums. And the albums that received the most votes were:

* Elysium, which was named the most underrated album by 17.5% of the voters, and

* Very, which was named the most overrated album by 19.1%.

To see the complete results, please visit my "Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and select one of the "Past Survey Results" options from the top navigation bar, or click the appropriate link on my "What's New?" page.

My new poll for the next two weeks is the latest edition of my ongoing "Rating Project," in which I ask you to rate PSB songs on a scale of 0 to 10 as they compare to all other PSB songs (not songs by other artists). Not surprisingly, this time around I'm focusing on the four tracks from the Boys' recent Agenda EP. So please take a few moments to rate each of its songs on the following scale:

* 0 if you consider it one of the Pet Shop Boys all-time worst songs,
* 1-4 if you consider it a below-average PSB song,
* 5 if you think it's an "average" PSB song,
* 6-9 if you believe it's an above-average PSB song, and
* 10 if you consider it one of their all-time best songs.

In the meantime, thanks to everyone who voted in my previous survey! And I hope you all have a terrific two weeks ahead!

jasonjohn

Re: Final results of poll on the most underrated and overrated PSB albums

#2 Post by jasonjohn »

Couldn't agree more re:Elysium

It may not be their most immediately satisfying album, but it's high on nourishment.