Musik - Cabaret and EP

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#271 Post by Dog »

Going to see this on Thursday... a question for those that have already been. I see it’s a 7pm start time, and it’s billed as lasting for an hour... Is it reasonable to expect it’ll all be over by 8pm? I need to dash for a train.
Woof.

Kobalt Blew

#272 Post by Kobalt Blew »

Dog wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm Going to see this on Thursday... a question for those that have already been. I see it’s a 7pm start time, and it’s billed as lasting for an hour... Is it reasonable to expect it’ll all be over by 8pm? I need to dash for a train.
Last years one I went to in London started on time and finished on time. You might want to allow 5 minutes for getting out of the venue - although it isn't that big.
previously Parlophoney.

lucienchardon

#273 Post by lucienchardon »

PopKid78 wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020, 10:19 pm Frances Barber has just Tweeted that Musik will be going to NYC
I hope it's true. I'd love to see it. In the past they've said that Closer To Heaven and Battleship Potemkin would make to NYC and they never did.

Dog

#274 Post by Dog »

Kobalt Blew wrote:
Dog wrote: Sun 23 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm Going to see this on Thursday... a question for those that have already been. I see it’s a 7pm start time, and it’s billed as lasting for an hour... Is it reasonable to expect it’ll all be over by 8pm? I need to dash for a train.
Last years one I went to in London started on time and finished on time. You might want to allow 5 minutes for getting out of the venue - although it isn't that big.
Thank you.
Woof.

Hmmm

#275 Post by Hmmm »

It was nice to see Neil and Chris in the audience for the 4 o'clock show today a really very funny one woman show thank you Frances for bringing Billie Trix to life.
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

Sandy Shaw

#276 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Hmmm wrote: Sun 01 Mar 2020, 9:03 pm It was nice to see Neil and Chris in the audience for the 4 o'clock show today a really very funny one woman show thank you Frances for bringing Billie Trix to life.
Frances Barber was even more brilliant than ever (if that is possible) for the last performance. She garnered rounds of applause for several of Jonathan Harvey's most wicked lines and the songs went down superbly.

By the way thanks to a Radio 2 interview I got to hear an excellent song written by David Bowie for Dana Gillespie called Andy Warhol. I wonder whether this influenced the Warhol segment of the show.

I think another likely influence on Billie Trix would be Lene Lovich.
What's for supper?

Greendrake

#277 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spittingcat

#278 Post by Spittingcat »

In the past they've said that Closer To Heaven and Battleship Potemkin would make to NYC and they never did.
At a signing session for Release, Neil tried to convince me to take a trip to New York to watch CtH again.

Hmmm

#279 Post by Hmmm »

Greendrake wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:18 am So, was this filmed at all? Would be such a pity if not.
There was a small video camera set up at the back of the theater near the sound and lighting booth this did record the whole show. A man called Andy had something to do with it he also had a pen that Neil used to sign autographs. Did anyone else notice the the young Neil and Chris look alikes dressed in mid eighties style Cowboy hat long black coat etc stood at the back.
They make a little go along way.. very Minimal but Fundamental.

raggatwin

#280 Post by raggatwin »

Impersonators....sounds painful...and a bit tragic...
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Trixiemix

#281 Post by Trixiemix »

Hmmm wrote: Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:21 pm
Greendrake wrote: Thu 05 Mar 2020, 1:18 am So, was this filmed at all? Would be such a pity if not.
There was a small video camera set up at the back of the theater near the sound and lighting booth this did record the whole show. A man called Andy had something to do with it he also had a pen that Neil used to sign autographs. Did anyone else notice the the young Neil and Chris look alikes dressed in mid eighties style Cowboy hat long black coat etc stood at the back.

They are from Finland. I've met them a few times.
It was great meeting Neil and Chris again at the last night of Musik! There was a whole bunch of us fans getting autographs and they were relaxed and keen to chat.
Back to Trafalgar.........