Musik - Cabaret and EP

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Message
Author
User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#241 Post by leesmapman »

BlueSwan wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019, 11:43 am
Run Girl Girl - a rerecording
It isn't. It's the exact same track as 20 years ago.

About the production: it can probably be regarded at the same level as the My Dad's A Birdman music.

alig
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sun 02 Nov 2003, 8:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#242 Post by alig »

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019, 6:22 am
Greetings,
Gabby wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm
I sort of wish Neil and Chris would confirm that the quality (or lack thereof) is intentional.
I feel similarly regarding this year's releases. It reminds me of the Nightlife / Release era, where the instrument/sound selection was strange.

Retro. :)
What are you on about? Nightlife had a great production and still sounds fresh. My word! Some petheads are so blinkered!
"John 3:16."

alig
Posts: 1712
Joined: Sun 02 Nov 2003, 8:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#243 Post by alig »

leesmapman wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019, 8:18 pm
BlueSwan wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019, 11:43 am
Run Girl Girl - a rerecording
It isn't. It's the exact same track as 20 years ago.

About the production: it can probably be regarded at the same level as the My Dad's A Birdman music.
I'm not so sure. Friendly fire was probably rerecorded.
"John 3:16."

User avatar
leesmapman
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed 03 May 2006, 11:51 am
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#244 Post by leesmapman »

Yes, Friendly Fire is a rerecording. Run Girl Run not so much.

User avatar
jasonjohn
Posts: 2061
Joined: Mon 27 Sep 2004, 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#245 Post by jasonjohn »

The stage dimly light. Drico saunters to the microphone. Cigarette between his yellowing fingers, clutching a whiskey sour to his bosom.

In the queeniest of voices, he smoulders:
Drico One wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019, 9:09 pm
I haven't enough interest in Billie Trix, even less Jonathan Harvey, to endure the queeny frivolity on stage in Edinburgh in a bid to "get" this, but I don't think "production" is the biggest stick to beat them with here. I'd offer the fact that they continue to work with a low-rent collaborator like Harvey - a man for whom one cheap cliche is never enough when two will do instead - is more damning.

User avatar
PETHEAD72
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri 15 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#246 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Back a short while ago from MUSIK,loved it even more second time round!,trying to get tickets for the last night.neil was there again,managed to ask a couple of questions and a handshake,fabulous night.frances barber,you are incredible and have such a powerful voice.
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

User avatar
PETHEAD72
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri 15 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#247 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Another FABULOUS evening in edinburgh,we have loved having you here billie,rest up and enjoy london on your next adventure!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

User avatar
PETHEAD72
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri 15 Oct 2010, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#248 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Dismantling of THE BIJOU yesterday
Attachments
IMG-20190825-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190825-WA0002.jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 3069 times
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

User avatar
Sandy Shaw
Posts: 3920
Joined: Thu 29 Nov 2007, 9:36 am
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#249 Post by Sandy Shaw »

jasonjohn wrote:
Fri 23 Aug 2019, 12:13 pm
The stage dimly light. Drico saunters to the microphone. Cigarette between his yellowing fingers, clutching a whiskey sour to his bosom.

In the queeniest of voices, he smoulders:
Drico One wrote:
Wed 14 Aug 2019, 9:09 pm
I haven't enough interest in Billie Trix, even less Jonathan Harvey, to endure the queeny frivolity on stage in Edinburgh in a bid to "get" this, but I don't think "production" is the biggest stick to beat them with here. I'd offer the fact that they continue to work with a low-rent collaborator like Harvey - a man for whom one cheap cliche is never enough when two will do instead - is more damning.
Good call!!!
What's for supper?

User avatar
retrofuturist
Posts: 3414
Joined: Mon 08 May 2006, 12:31 am
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#250 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,
alig wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:31 pm
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019, 6:22 am
Greetings,
Gabby wrote:
Thu 15 Aug 2019, 10:30 pm
I sort of wish Neil and Chris would confirm that the quality (or lack thereof) is intentional.
I feel similarly regarding this year's releases. It reminds me of the Nightlife / Release era, where the instrument/sound selection was strange.

Retro. :)
What are you on about? Nightlife had a great production and still sounds fresh. My word! Some petheads are so blinkered!
I was talking about the orchestration, not the production. Perhaps if you weren't so blinkered, you may have been able to comprehend this?

Kind regards.

Retro. :)

User avatar
goughsjd
Posts: 906
Joined: Fri 08 Oct 2010, 5:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

#251 Post by goughsjd »

retrofuturist wrote:
Sun 01 Sep 2019, 7:54 am
Greetings,
alig wrote:
Sat 17 Aug 2019, 11:31 pm
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri 16 Aug 2019, 6:22 am
Greetings,


I feel similarly regarding this year's releases. It reminds me of the Nightlife / Release era, where the instrument/sound selection was strange.

Retro. :)
What are you on about? Nightlife had a great production and still sounds fresh. My word! Some petheads are so blinkered!
I was talking about the orchestration, not the production. Perhaps if you weren't so blinkered, you may have been able to comprehend this?

Kind regards.

Retro. :)
I'd agree with that 👍🏼
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

    User avatar
    Parkol
    Posts: 1722
    Joined: Thu 29 Dec 2005, 11:52 am
    Contact:

    Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

    #252 Post by Parkol »

    For every moment - is what I love in PSB. Amazing!

    User avatar
    greenmile
    Posts: 708
    Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:49 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

    #253 Post by greenmile »

    Well, anyone at the opening London show tonight?

    User avatar
    rashomon
    Posts: 1461
    Joined: Mon 26 Sep 2005, 11:44 am
    Contact:

    Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

    #254 Post by rashomon »

    Parkol wrote:For every moment - is what I love in PSB. Amazing!
    I like it but I can’t stop stop guffawing at the spoken parts ...

    I swear that it’s Gru’s mum from Despicable Me doing a guest turn there Image
    you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

    User avatar
    glennjridge
    Posts: 8003
    Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:28 pm
    Contact:

    Re: Musik - Cabaret and EP

    #255 Post by glennjridge »

    You really have to be amazed at how prolific Neil and Chris are. I cant think of any artist who puts out so much new material. main albums, B-sides, collaborations, side projects, musicals. I cant think of anyone really.

    Post Reply

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 38 guests