IF Disney wanted PSB to work on a soundtrack, would you like it?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 14

Nickname

#1 Post by Nickname »

Neil liked the idea.
Attachments
849f0bcec944983319dd781e7ccd604b--pet-shop-boys-your-favorite.jpg
849f0bcec944983319dd781e7ccd604b--pet-shop-boys-your-favorite.jpg (27.79 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

Marie loves PSB

Re: IF Disney wanted PSB to work on a soundtrack, would you like it?

#2 Post by Marie loves PSB »

I don't think it would be my cup of tea - so to speak.

Gabby

#3 Post by Gabby »

What's not to like as it's new PSB music the way I see it. I'm not sure Disney would ask them, and if they did, I'm not sure PSB would accept though.

I've struggled to think what type of movie would really fit with a PSB soundtrack - and I mean PSB, not Tennant/Lowe scored. I can't see it ever being a Disney movie though. Mind you, Queen did it a couple of times with Flash Gordon and Highlander...so maybe some high camp space opera or mystical immortals themed film could work? Thor 4 perhaps? That's Disney...sort of.

glennjridge

#4 Post by glennjridge »

there's a european band named "GHOST" thats very big over here. a couple things...one ...they wear evil looking old man masks and costumes, and they are a band whose imagery and style is regarding satan, singing songs about lucifer. yet oddly young children have embraced them. the lyrics about satan and hell go right over their heads... they just enjoy the band like its Halloween. the point being, if the PSB were to get their music into a disney related movie, they most likely would achieve the kind of crossover success they once knew, and even better, their baggage that comes with them would essentially be washed off as inconsequential by the new fans. and by baggage I mean their alternative look and style. I TOTALLY think the PSB would do it.

its a win win situation.

y3potential

#5 Post by y3potential »

glennjridge wrote: Fri 17 May 2019, 7:27 am there's a european band named "GHOST" thats very big over here. a couple things...one ...they wear evil looking old man masks and costumes, and they are a band whose imagery and style is regarding satan, singing songs about lucifer. yet oddly young children have embraced them. the lyrics about satan and hell go right over their heads... they just enjoy the band like its Halloween. the point being, if the PSB were to get their music into a disney related movie, they most likely would achieve the kind of crossover success they once knew, and even better, their baggage that comes with them would essentially be washed off as inconsequential by the new fans. and by baggage I mean their alternative look and style. I TOTALLY think the PSB would do it.

its a win win situation.
Pet Shop Boys. Baggage. A possible title for a rarities box set, perhaps...
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

jules

#6 Post by jules »

Why not, but i don't know what they would be hire for. However they made some songs for a children musical and it worked.

jasonjohn

#7 Post by jasonjohn »

Night Song is lovely. It suited Neil well, although not their song as such.

They could do it easily.

ZiggyPSB

#8 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Where did it say Neil “liked” the idea? I recall one q&a about someone asking them about making music for video games. They said they were open to offers. I don’t recall them saying they would like to make music for a Disney film.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Nickname

#9 Post by Nickname »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 18 May 2019, 10:52 am Where did it say Neil “liked” the idea? I recall one q&a about someone asking them about making music for video games. They said they were open to offers. I don’t recall them saying they would like to make music for a Disney film.
It's not the first time we talk about this possibility on this forum because Neil said that on an interview. By the way, do you remember his T-shirt of Mickey Mouse when he worked on Smash Hits?.