Pet Shop Boys - Hyde Park Sep 15th 2019

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Drico One

Re: Pet Shop Boys - Hyde Park Sep 15th 2019

#196 Post by Drico One »

I enjoyed Olly. That's his schtick, mixing a kind of innocence, seduction, and provocation to upset the upsettable.

Neil looked positively statesmanlike, in comparison, which is a look that suits him at 65. I liked his get up. It'll be instructive to see if BBC Radio 2 continue to support Dreamland now that the show is over...

Drico.
The pale kid that hides in the attic behind his PC...

Waffleon

#197 Post by Waffleon »

DJ Pat wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019, 6:58 am
Waffleon wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019, 12:11 am

I don't post on here often so I shouldn't really comment but I was offended by that 'too gay' post earlier. What the? I'm a straight mother of two but I really didn't like it.
Why bother taking offence on someone's behalf, they probably don't care, but you're in tears, poor snowflake.

I think camp is the more appropriate word, and I don't think saying ''too gay'' is offensive. No probs telling a bloke* he's too macho

* bloke is slang for a male, which is a gender that isn't female.
Trust me, I'm not a snowflake. I paraphrased my comment when I said the 'too gay' comment. I was referring to the 'Yuk' bit as well. And I thought, late last night, after a lovely day, it was an offensive remark. Cold light of day, not so strongly, more eye-rolly level. God back to work this morning is going to be a struggle.

Marie loves PSB

#198 Post by Marie loves PSB »

ArtHist wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 9:20 pm
drunk wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:49 pm
ArtHist wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 8:30 pm The guy on drum machines is HOT
Agreed!
Simon Tellier
Yes he is - HOT! :up: :oops:

Marie loves PSB

#199 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Kiran wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 9:02 pm Do not like this version of Left To My Own Devices.....
Same here. :down:

Marie loves PSB

#200 Post by Marie loves PSB »

dbaseboy wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 9:40 pm Well, that was bloody marvellous. Olly was like a kid in a sweet shop lol, and as for Beverley Knight... at first I thought ‘no’ but by the end I was hooked. Looked like the boys and the crowd enjoyed it.
I really enjoyed the concert :up: and thought Olly's hugs with Neil and Chris were sweet. Glad he didn't leave Chris out. :D

Kiran

#201 Post by Kiran »

Waffleon wrote:
DJ Pat wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019, 6:58 am
Waffleon wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019, 12:11 am

I don't post on here often so I shouldn't really comment but I was offended by that 'too gay' post earlier. What the? I'm a straight mother of two but I really didn't like it.
Why bother taking offence on someone's behalf, they probably don't care, but you're in tears, poor snowflake.

I think camp is the more appropriate word, and I don't think saying ''too gay'' is offensive. No probs telling a bloke* he's too macho

* bloke is slang for a male, which is a gender that isn't female.
Trust me, I'm not a snowflake. I paraphrased my comment when I said the 'too gay' comment. I was referring to the 'Yuk' bit as well. And I thought, late last night, after a lovely day, it was an offensive remark. Cold light of day, not so strongly, more eye-rolly level. God back to work this morning is going to be a struggle.
What I found more offense was people asking the guy to leave the forum. This forum is to discuss the PSBs (specifically their music). If someone on stage is somehow impacting someone's enjoyment, I think they should be allowed to comment on it. We can't all agree on everything.
I rule. You don't.

Spittingcat

#202 Post by Spittingcat »

I don't think saying ''too gay'' is offensive.
https://youtu.be/aXhzNsozCIw

eastendboy

#203 Post by eastendboy »

Amazing performance as always and olly and Beverley really were amazing.
Regarding the ‘too gay’ comment, my son is gay and sometimes he says that about people he has met on days/nights out. I always say the same thing to him, it’s not up to you, me or anyone to judge someone on how they choose to live their lives.

Back to last nights show, pure class from the boys and the majority of the audience may not have seen the inner sanctum or pandemonium tours so I don’t think it did any harm in including elements of both in last nights show.

Sandy Shaw

#204 Post by Sandy Shaw »

Well two amazing days that can never repeated. As far as Hyde Park, I'm not always great at standing in a huge crowd and dealing with the behaviour of others including pushing and shoving, smoking and loud screams (the screams were from the Westlife fans). However I have many happy happy memories - laughing with my friends, a very tasty fish and chips in the park, falling in love with Clean Bandit, shouting ''turn the bass down'' along with other audience members when the sound was getting out of control, trying to do the hand movements along with Banarama, and a watching a stonkingly good set from PSB! Olly brought a lovely impish joy to the stage and Neil looked fab in his stripey jacket. As far as one can ever tell, Chris was having a good time. I'm a fan of Beverley Knight and have seen her perform the Songs of Stevie Wonder for Radio 2 at the Palladium, at the Roundhouse Gala and she even popped up when I attended Sweet Charity. I loved her stunning vocals on What have I done to deserve this? and can't wait to play this performance back a few times at home. I think on the back of this event, the greatest hits dates should sell pretty fast and we may see return visits to some of the towns and cities.
What's for supper?

leesmapman

#205 Post by leesmapman »

Sandy Shaw wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019, 10:19 amAs far as one can ever tell, Chris was having a good time.
I read on twitter that people wanted their money back because Chris was laughing :D

Andie

#206 Post by Andie »

lucienchardon wrote: Sun 15 Sep 2019, 11:35 pm
Thanks for the link! Olly looks fabulous. But I think his mic needed more volume. Dreamland is a great pop song!
^ This!!
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

Future Lover

#207 Post by Future Lover »

Is there a mod here? Does anyone ever get banned?
Or is spewing casual homophobia alright on a forum of a band who spent most of their careers fighting it?

You know what, you can ban me too, but I'm sick of ageist, homophobic, racist comments here. Not banning these people doesn't mean tolerance. Please do your job and cleanse the forum. Posting an article, or even writing a long post, to explain their homophobia to them is just pointless.

I also urge everyone to report nasty posts from now on, and maybe someone will notice.

Nickname

#208 Post by Nickname »

I think it was a surprise for PSB to see Olly dressing like that. I have the impression Neil was a bit shocked.

But there is nothing wrong with that, we are in 2019 and he can dress like he wants.

If someone says "it is too gay", well it is just an opinion. Neil said the cover of Rent was "too hetero (or straight)". Homophobia?, well it depends. If you don't like something, it doesn't necessarily mean you hate this thing.

tottenhammattspurs

#209 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

The Hyde Park gig just confirm to me even more that “Burn” is a total missed opportunity single. It’s the highlight of the whole bloody show!
is is and isnt isnt

tucky101

#210 Post by tucky101 »

Watched it on the telly

Is it just me that thought Dreamland sounded absolutely bloody awful?