Lust for Youth

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
PopKid78

Lust for Youth

#1 Post by PopKid78 »

This week I’ve notice a few reviews for the new Lust for Youth album, have been making comparisons to the Pet Shop Boys. So I decided to give it a listen, and I’m so glad I did. It’s definitely my favourite album so far this year, and will just about keep me going until the new PSB album is released.

Also worth a mention is the brilliant new single by Muna. Love their debut album from a couple of years ago, and I’m convinced it won’t be long until they’re massive.

All in all this has been a great week for pop music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikacP0kac

Re: Lust for Youth

#2 Post by NikacP0kac »

I've been raving on about them since listening to their 2014 album, International. They've mentioned PSB quite a lot of times on twitter, I think they also included Euroboy once in their curated playlist or something. They have a lovely musical style and fashion sense.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

PopKid78

#3 Post by PopKid78 »

NikacP0kac wrote:I've been raving on about them since listening to their 2014 album, International. They've mentioned PSB quite a lot of times on twitter, I think they also included Euroboy once in their curated playlist or something. They have a lovely musical style and fashion sense.
Just had a listen to International, another great album. Now I’m a little bit annoyed that I’ve missed or maybe even overlooked this band over the years. I’m definitely going to be listening to the rest of their back catalogue over the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwizzleUK

#4 Post by TwizzleUK »

I wonder if PSB are aware of them. Would be a great support act for them.

TwizzleUK

#5 Post by TwizzleUK »

Been a fan of Lust For Youth for several years. Just giving the new album a first play. 5 tracks in and this thing is a bloody masterpiece. Incredible stuff.

TwizzleUK

#6 Post by TwizzleUK »

Pet Shop Boys so need to work with these guys. Neil's English vocals would sit so well alongside their Danish accents.

jasonjohn

#7 Post by jasonjohn »

If the Illume filmclip didn't make a deliberate homage to PSBs early image, it'd be a startling coincidence.

I like them but never got into mumbling vocals

King1968

#8 Post by King1968 »

Lust For Youth are a great but underrated band their last 4 albums are definitely worth a listen,I'm seeing them live at Ding walls Camden in September cant wait,A very Pet Shop Boys The Smiths New Order influence

TwizzleUK

#9 Post by TwizzleUK »

I'm going to this too (Mon 9 Sept). Wonder if Neil and Chris will be tempted to pop in...?

Tom Angel

#10 Post by Tom Angel »

thanks for the heads up on this - I've never heard them before, but they are great aren't they! Might see you at the gig!
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

King1968

#11 Post by King1968 »

I'm really looking forward to seeing Lust For Youth tonight their last 3 albums are fantastic

NikacP0kac

#12 Post by NikacP0kac »

King1968 wrote: Mon 09 Sep 2019, 7:56 pm I'm really looking forward to seeing Lust For Youth tonight their last 3 albums are fantastic
I'm seeing them on Monday, for the second time ever. The first concert was incredible, November 2015 I think, in a smoke filled club in Zagreb, bombastic sound and even got a chance to chat to them after the show. They were selling their own merchandise too, so the singer (Hannes Norvide) sold me a beautiful T-shirt, for a mere 7€. Still wearing it to this day.
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant