DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
drunk14

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#46 Post by drunk14 »

It's obvious that it's not a farewell tour. I bet the same people who say so were first who announced that the sample of Boys' new music had appeared in that BBC 2 advert. He he.

They have just invented that "greatest hits" tour to earn extra money. The big name draws attention. Perhaps there is no proper tour after "Experience", so they use some free time to arrange something for fans. We don't know...
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Shopper

#47 Post by Shopper »

I wish I could see them in a large arena like 02, but it will so expensive travelling from India. Hopefully they will do Asia again, like their Super tour ( which I got to see)

I am sure they will play so hard, heart, rent and all those bonafide classics😍
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

rashomon

#48 Post by rashomon »

I for one am looking forward to their GH show.

Having a new album in the pocket that will at that time only be a few months old along with the good old back catalogue of stompers will make for a great formula and I'm hoping for a more energised O2 crowd as a result.

Hoping they dismantle and re-work a few hits also

p.s. So Hard? - oh super please yes!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

raggatwin

#49 Post by raggatwin »

Why no standing at the O2?

The ticket prices are scandalous.

That is all.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

PETHEAD72

#50 Post by PETHEAD72 »

raggatwin wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:47 pm Why no standing at the O2?

That is all.
I phoned the o2 today and they told me it was all seated,has there been a 'pit' or general standing on the previous tours?
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

raggatwin

#51 Post by raggatwin »

PETHEAD72 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:56 pm

That is all.
I phoned the o2 today and they told me it was all seated,has there been a 'pit' or general standing on the previous tours?
Yes. I stood for Pandemonium show and Electric shows.
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

PSB-90

#52 Post by PSB-90 »

I was also surprised and annoyed about there being no standing at the O2, but the worst thing is that ticket delivery is via smartphone only. This is simply outrageous. I don't have a smartphone and nor do thousands of other people. What on earth are they thinking not having at least one other option??

Parkol

#53 Post by Parkol »

PETHEAD72

#54 Post by PETHEAD72 »

raggatwin wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 7:25 pm
PETHEAD72 wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 6:56 pm

That is all.
Yes. I stood for Pandemonium show and Electric shows.

Hmmmmm,lady who answered the phone didn't seem too enthusiastic and sounded like she needs a new job description,she even thought i said BACKSTREET BOYS!!!
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Dog

#55 Post by Dog »

I’m sure even though this is being billed as a Greatest Hits tour we’ll still see a half decent showing from the new album. But even if that’s not the case, there are plenty of their biggest hits which rarely get a live outing.

Using UK chart positions as a measure of their Greatest Hits, here are their top 24 - a good percentage of which haven’t been performed in over a decade.

West End girls
Opportunities
Suburbia
It’s a sin
What have I done to deserve this?
Rent
Always on my mind
Heart
Domino dancing
Left to my own devices
It’s alright
So hard
Where the streets have no name
Jealousy
Can you forgive her?
Go West
Before
Se a vida e
A red letter day
Somewhere
Drunk
Miracles
Flamboyant
I’m with Stupid
Woof.

Ghost within this house

#56 Post by Ghost within this house »

I think the Dreamworld Tour will be a more streamlined affair than the never-ending-Super-tour. Probably done and dusted by the end of 2020.

I also think there will be another album - after a much shorter interval than since Super - after the last in the Price triptych, mirroring the Elysium/Electric two-step.... the new album is 10 tracks, and they had 24, by their own admission. In the Literally where they wrote about the Super recording sessions, they referred to one song as being one 'for the next pop album'... I take this to mean post-Price, and I think it is already inked in to their schedule.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Nicholas

#57 Post by Nicholas »

canveyboy wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:46 pm
Marie loves PSB wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 2:27 pm
canveyboy wrote: Wed 11 Sep 2019, 10:41 am The prices are shocking. I saw Pandemonium on both dates at the o2 in June and December of 2009 and the tickets were like £40 each for standing!!! I literally cannot afford to go anymore - but I’m happy for everyone that’s going! Hopefully it’ll be filmed and released!! ;)
Don't worry Canveyboy. :) I am "sort of" in the same boat. You may have seen me moaning elsewhere (sorry, PSB's fans!) on here about the palaver of trying to buy disabled tickets. I cannot be doing with the stress of it all and nowhere is really local to us. It will cost a bomb. But, also I am happy for everyone that's going too. :)
Yeah, unfortunately the expense couldn’t come at a worse time. 5 kids all just been kitted out with all new school stuff and also got one of their birthdays at the end of the month and another 2 weeks later so can’t justify it, or afford it. But it’s great to see the boys doing another tour and I hope everyone has an amazing time!
FIVE!!!! Goodness.

Gabby

#58 Post by Gabby »

At first I wasn't impressed about a "Greatest Hits" tour and frankly not sure I am 12 hours later, BUT I also looked at it from the perspective that maybe they have very high hopes for the new album and it could potentially add a couple tracks to that "greatest hits" list.

If "Dreamland" is anything to go by, I'd say it's a fair bet they're confident of securing at least one new hit single to play at these gigs.

Mark R.Y.

#59 Post by Mark R.Y. »

Does it stand to reason that "Dreamworld" will be the name of the new album in January? Or perhaps simply "Dream" or "Dreaming."

alig

#60 Post by alig »

Dreamworld sounds Erasuresque. Corny.
"John 3:16."