DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Dog

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#316 Post by Dog » Sat 18 Jan 2020, 3:07 pm

nickname wrote:
Dog wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020, 2:11 pm
Set list prediction (no doubt will be miles off):

So hard
Can you forgive her?
I’m with Stupid
Suburbia
Rent
West End girls
Where the streets have no name
Flamboyant
Heart
Before
Paninaro
Being boring
Left to my own devices
Single
Yesterday, when I was mad
It’s a sin
What have I done to deserve this?
Opportunities (let’s make lots of money)
Monkey business
Always on my mind

Dreamland
A red letter day / Go West
Vocal / It’s alright
Paninaro wasn't a hit, not even a single. They had plans to play Dreamland, not other song from the new album. You are missing Domino Dancing.

I think Se a vida e and New York City Boy will be on the set list. They should be, if you talk about hits. Somewhere was a top 10 so I think they shoud include it, Drunk too.
Neil mooted playing Paninaro at the Manchester Q&A. It has been released twice as a single in different forms and reached number 15 in the U.K. charts. I think it is a likely candidate. I also think they have enough hits to be able to switch out some of those they have played multiple times across recent tours. I can imagine them playing Drunk.
Woof.

Dog

#317 Post by Dog » Sat 18 Jan 2020, 3:08 pm

I can’t imagine them not doing Monkey business. It screams out to be played live.
Woof.

Nickname

#318 Post by Nickname » Sat 18 Jan 2020, 3:37 pm

A set list (with UK's Top 10 only). I think they should play Losing my Mind and I'm not Scared but with Liza and Patsy version. The one which were hits. But I'd include New York City Boy is was a real hit in many other countries (not everything is UK), Love etc deseerves to be here too.

Suburbia
So Hard
Losing my mind

I'm with stupid
Rent
Drunk
Can you forgive her?

Se a vida e
Absolutely fabulous
Before
Domino Dancing

A red letter day
Miracles
I'm not scared
Somewhere

West End girls
Heart
It's alright

Left to my own devices
It's a sin
Always on my mind
Go West
Last edited by Nickname on Sat 18 Jan 2020, 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

y3potential

#319 Post by y3potential » Sat 18 Jan 2020, 5:07 pm

nickname wrote:
Sat 18 Jan 2020, 3:37 pm
A set list (with UK's Top 10 only). I think they should play Losing my Mind and I'm not Scared but with Liza and Pansit version. The one which were hits. But I'd include New York City Boy is was a real hit in many other countries (not everything is UK), Love etc deseerves to be here too.

Suburbia
So Hard
Losing my mind

I'm with stupid
Rent
Drunk
Can you forgive her?

Se a vida e
Absolutely fabulous
Before
Domino Dancing

A red letter day
Miracles
I'm not scared
Somewhere

West End girls
Heart
It's alright

Left to my own devices
It's a sin
Always on my mind
Go West

Who's "Pansit. ?"
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Mr Madness

#320 Post by Mr Madness » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:17 pm

Neil and Chris were interviewed on http://www.wave105.com/ this afternoon - promoting the Bournemouth date of the tour as well as the new album.

While chatting about the tour, Neil revealed that New York City Boy will not be in the set list and that it’s likely that You only tell me you love me when you’re drunk will be (He made the point that it was the first top ten single of the new millennium!).

He also said that Monkey Business and Dreamland may make the set list too.

In other new info, the Monkey Business video was filmed a fortnight ago at a nightclub in Watford and features a dance routine that Chris joins in with!

Dog

#321 Post by Dog » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:20 pm

Mr Madness wrote:Neil and Chris were interviewed on http://www.wave105.com/ this afternoon - promoting the Bournemouth date of the tour as well as the new album.

While chatting about the tour, Neil revealed that New York City Boy will not be in the set list and that it’s likely that You only tell me you love me when you’re drunk will be (He made the point that it was the first top ten single of the new millennium!).

He also said that Monkey Business and Dreamland may make the set list too.

In other new info, the Monkey Business video was filmed a fortnight ago at a nightclub in Watford and features a dance routine that Chris joins in with!
Thanks - what time? It looks like there’s a listen again option.
Woof.

Mr Madness

#322 Post by Mr Madness » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:26 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention you can listen to it online! You’ve got to download and register for the free app though to hear the full interview. They’re on the Steve Power show, approx 24:30 in.

Dog

#323 Post by Dog » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 10:32 pm

Mr Madness wrote:Sorry, forgot to mention you can listen to it online! You’ve got to download and register for the free app though to hear the full interview. They’re on the Steve Power show, approx 24:30 in.
Thank you!
Woof.

domino

#324 Post by domino » Mon 20 Jan 2020, 11:34 pm

I think it's interesting to know that they don't collaborate with Es Devlin because she's doing Cirque DuSoleil. :D

They still work on the setlist and want to do a big production, because of the GH-Thing.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

psblefrere

#325 Post by psblefrere » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 11:07 am

Looks like the O2 is selling well, been sporadically looking over last few months and gradually the seat availability is dwindling down. Currently only 5 blocks with tickets available, 3 of which are minimal and in total less than 200 tickets left. Not bad for a band that’s been releasing music for 35 years 😃.

Nickname

#326 Post by Nickname » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 1:13 pm

psblefrere wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020, 11:07 am
Looks like the O2 is selling well, been sporadically looking over last few months and gradually the seat availability is dwindling down. Currently only 5 blocks with tickets available, 3 of which are minimal and in total less than 200 tickets left. Not bad for a band that’s been releasing music for 35 years 😃.
How many people you can get in there?

Nickname

#327 Post by Nickname » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 1:25 pm

Looks like PSB is going to do an special effort with this tour. In one of the last interview, Neil said everybody knows the songs and suggested they have to make something big. I suppose they'll try to improve the design.

When people rememember the old era talking about visuals, they remember the old videos. I think they should reflect the imaginery from the old videos.
Last edited by Nickname on Tue 21 Jan 2020, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rashomon

#328 Post by rashomon » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm

Actually that would be a neat idea Nickname ....

They should have projections that reflect the original era of the song but also bring them bang up to date ... and release the whole lot on 4K UHD in due course.

Imagine giant dog projections for Suburbia, flying bowler hats for Heart, etc
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Nickname

#329 Post by Nickname » Tue 21 Jan 2020, 4:00 pm

rashomon wrote:
Tue 21 Jan 2020, 2:29 pm
Actually that would be a neat idea Nickname ....

They should have projections that reflect the original era of the song but also bring them bang up to date ... and release the whole lot on 4K UHD in due course.

Imagine giant dog projections for Suburbia, flying bowler hats for Heart, etc
In fact, I liked the idea o PSB coming from another world (maybe outher space) with their pointy hats (in a world everybody looks like this). Like ET The Extraterrestrial (they used this idea for the Discovery Tour). With many more people on the stage.

From the PSB world with their pointing hats launching its spaceship visiting other worlds like the Nightlife planet with everybody dressed like that era (Groucho Marx eyebrown and orange hair) playing Drunk, the Pandemonium planet with people dressing up with cubes in their heads and Love, etc being played, finishing on Planet Earth and watching the live over there, finishing coming back to their world helped by people from the PSB world with lighting pointy hats like them (similar to the end of the Discovery concerts) with Go West.

Theatrical, cinematographic with a lot of visual and sounds effects. Trying to get the majestousity of Performance, the youthful feeling from Pandemonium, the visuals effects with lazers, courtains and all from Electric, etc.

They need a big budget, that's for sure.

Tom Angel

#330 Post by Tom Angel » Thu 23 Jan 2020, 12:25 pm

I still think they should call the tour

The Early Stuff

Dreamworld is a bit anodyne really.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls