DREAMWORLD TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
drunk14

Re: DREAMWORLD TOUR

#361 Post by drunk14 »

I am upset because I imagine such scenario. I know you cannot check out how many standings has been sold, but the announcement that the price is now 20EUR for a single ticket is worrying. As much as I want to see them in Poland, I know we are far behind Germany or Czechia considering number of fans.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

psblefrere

#362 Post by psblefrere »

O2 is now sold out, there are however 7 tickets available for re sale, Bournemouth also sold out, whilst Manchester,Cardiff and Newcastle all have less than 200 tickets remaining. Not sure on Birmingham as it’s hard to tell via the website. But Glasgow sales are poor in comparison, with plenty of tickets remaining.

Wish

#363 Post by Wish »

To be honest, I already planned to buy tickets to Warsaw. But now I think I have to postpone this idea. Thanks for heads up.

jamie1978

#364 Post by jamie1978 »

psblefrere wrote:
Mon 27 Jan 2020, 11:05 pm
O2 is now sold out, there are however 7 tickets available for re sale, Bournemouth also sold out, whilst Manchester,Cardiff and Newcastle all have less than 200 tickets remaining. Not sure on Birmingham as it’s hard to tell via the website. But Glasgow sales are poor in comparison, with plenty of tickets remaining.
the SSE arena is huge for a small-ish city like Glasgow, 14,500 capacity, so it was always an ambitious booking

Still, it looks a good 70% sold - which isn't bad at all.

Disco.

#365 Post by Disco. »

And the concert is still months away.

Patrick Bateman

#366 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Sexy Northerner wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 2:51 pm
I hope the Monkey Business dancers show up live at the London O2 show - kind of like the Super dancers at Hyde Park...
Unfortunately not. Neil said that they won’t have 40 dancers on the GH tour.

Pod

#367 Post by Pod »

Has anyone had their physical ticket yet? Just curious!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Sexy Northerner

#368 Post by Sexy Northerner »

Pod wrote:
Tue 28 Jan 2020, 9:13 pm
Yes - Warsaw and one of the UK dates

domino

#369 Post by domino »

Pod wrote:
Tue 28 Jan 2020, 9:13 pm
I've got mine for Berlin.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Greendrake

#370 Post by Greendrake »

Does anyone feel not so much excited about this tour?

It's a greatest hits tour. The first one for them. Targeting the general public and money-making.

They will be playing "hits" only, which means all the songs that many fans have been longing to see performed live (I want to wake up, The resurrectionist, Miserablism, The end of the world etc.) definitely won't have a chance.

There will be no all of the Monkey business dancers and Chris won't be dancing either. Confirmed by him. You can only hope he will turn around a couple of times like he did at the TV performances.

Setlist-wise, the tour won't be much different from Super. Surely they'll play Monkey business and maybe another Hotspot song. Surely there will be Go West and New York City boy again. Sorry, but this is all just booooooooring.

I only hope the performance itself will bring something new (as it will be not Es Devlin anymore).

domino

#371 Post by domino »

Greendrake wrote:
Mon 03 Feb 2020, 4:16 am
Does anyone feel not so much excited about this tour?

It's a greatest hits tour. The first one for them. Targeting the general public and money-making.

They will be playing "hits" only, which means all the songs that many fans have been longing to see performed live (I want to wake up, The resurrectionist, Miserablism, The end of the world etc.) definitely won't have a chance.

There will be no all of the Monkey business dancers and Chris won't be dancing either. Confirmed by him. You can only hope he will turn around a couple of times like he did at the TV performances.

Setlist-wise, the tour won't be much different from Super. Surely they'll play Monkey business and maybe another Hotspot song. Surely there will be Go West and New York City boy again. Sorry, but this is all just booooooooring.

I only hope the performance itself will bring something new (as it will be not Es Devlin anymore).
As far as confirmed there won't be NYC Boy and Es Devlin. ;)

The other Hotspot track to perform is most likely Dreamland, as it was mentioned a few times before.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Dog

#372 Post by Dog »

Greendrake wrote:Does anyone feel not so much excited about this tour?

Could you not get excited about the prospect of hearing:

So hard
Can you forgive her?
Rent
Drunk
Where the streets have no name
Flamboyant
Heart
Paninaro
What have I done to deserve this?
It’s alright
Monkey business
Dreamland

They’ve ruled out New York City boy.
Woof.

Greendrake

#373 Post by Greendrake »

Dog wrote:
Mon 03 Feb 2020, 8:20 am
They’ve ruled out New York City boy.
Oh have they? That's some progress!
If they indeed play Can you forgive her? or Paninaro I might be sold.

Dog

#374 Post by Dog »

Pertan wrote:Neil in an interview:

We will probably have some costume changes, but I think we are moving away from video films and lasers.
We will move backwards in time :up: :dance:
Which interview was this please? Interesting if they are doing the new through to old thing.
Woof.

RMC

#375 Post by RMC »

Lots of tickets available on ticketmaster again now for Manchester if anyone’s interested ...