Was That What It Was? Reggae Remix

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
nathanjay

Was That What It Was? Reggae Remix

#1 Post by nathanjay » Mon 14 Oct 2019, 11:12 pm

Hi!
I'm not really a Reggae fan but occasionally I try to make my own. I got stuck working on a new track when I realised it had the same chords and key as the chorus of Was That What It Was?

So I remade my track to fit the WTWIW melodies, messed around with the vocals, and even if you don't like Reggae I think it's cool to hear how the song works in a totally non-Pet Shop Boys genre :)

(If you're in a part of the world where it's legal to have a smoke, maybe have one first ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8jeTh6xMU

Spittingcat

Re: Was That What It Was? Reggae Remix

#2 Post by Spittingcat » Mon 14 Oct 2019, 11:21 pm

Enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing.

bongsteve

#3 Post by bongsteve » Tue 15 Oct 2019, 3:24 am

Very much reminds me of Tom Bailey's (Thompson Twins) solo project International Observer.

nathanjay

#4 Post by nathanjay » Thu 17 Oct 2019, 8:31 pm

I listened to International Observer's House Of The Rising Dub: very interesting. A nice mix of dub reggae and synths :)

daveid

#5 Post by daveid » Thu 17 Oct 2019, 9:08 pm

A swan song if ever I heard one.

mole973102

#6 Post by mole973102 » Mon 28 Oct 2019, 1:54 am

nathanjay wrote:
Mon 14 Oct 2019, 11:12 pm
Hi!
I'm not really a Reggae fan but occasionally I try to make my own. I got stuck working on a new track when I realised it had the same chords and key as the chorus of Was That What It Was?

So I remade my track to fit the WTWIW melodies, messed around with the vocals, and even if you don't like Reggae I think it's cool to hear how the song works in a totally non-Pet Shop Boys genre :)

(If you're in a part of the world where it's legal to have a smoke, maybe have one first ;) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f8jeTh6xMU
Too slow for me. I hear in my head a more hi-energy, dance version, but cannot write it down...

The best thing I've liked of yours is the 'Pet Shop Boys Blocked Me On Twitter'. Your own work, catchy and amuses.
You gotta have fun!