Decide (Burning the Heather b-side)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Mark R.Y.

Re: Decide (Burning the Heather b-side)

#46 Post by Mark R.Y. »

daveid wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 6:45 pm
herts101 wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 6:34 pm
Come on. This is not the place for politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alig's comment was not political. It was just one huge slur on millions of people, not to mention being a pack of lies. Normally I'd let stuff like this go but after last night I think people like him should be sterilised.
Interesting that someone who prefers the anti-Semitic Corbyn thinks that people who disagree with him should be sterilized. Just sayin'.....

"Decide" is cool. I'm quite liking this Hotspot era!

Future Lover

#47 Post by Future Lover »

I'm glad the Boys don't visit this place anymore.

Oznerol

#48 Post by Oznerol »

Am I wrong If I say that this is the first time we hear Neil and Chris singing together at the same time in nearly 35 years of career??
This is not my signature.

ZiggyPSB

#49 Post by ZiggyPSB »

There was This Used To Be The Future where they sing together with Phil Oakey.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

le petit corbusier

#50 Post by le petit corbusier »

Oznerol wrote:Am I wrong If I say that this is the first time we hear Neil and Chris singing together at the same time in nearly 35 years of career??
This used to be the future, We're the pet shop boys, We all feel better in the dark, One of the crowd and of course Paninaro and Paninaro 95. Neil always finds a way to sneak in, the bastard.

Look left, then right
And run for your life

Ghost within this house

#51 Post by Ghost within this house »

alig wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 5:54 pm
Scottydog wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 10:32 am
Absolutely brilliant. So surreal to listen to those lyrics first thing this morning while reading the news. I guess the country did decide 😳. Deliberate or not that was impeccable timing Boys!
Why? Because choosing the antisemitic commie scum and EU whore Corbyn would have been the sensible choice? :wall: The country plumbed for sanity and told Corbyn, the Anti Brexit crowd and the global warming morons to piss off. :clap:
The funny thing about this post is that, one very mild smiley aside, Scottydog did not offer an opinion about the election, except to comment on how surreal it was to listen to Decide the day after it.

There's a whole lot of other stuff I could say. But I'm not going to say it.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

Oznerol

#52 Post by Oznerol »

le petit corbusier wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 8:59 pm
Oznerol wrote:Am I wrong If I say that this is the first time we hear Neil and Chris singing together at the same time in nearly 35 years of career??
This used to be the future, We're the pet shop boys, We all feel better in the dark, One of the crowd and of course Paninaro and Paninaro 95. Neil always finds a way to sneak in, the bastard.
This use to be the future..YES! that was the first one then...but on the other songs you mentioned they`re both singing but not at the same time in harmony...just alterning one or the other...
This is not my signature.

dynamobjornen

#53 Post by dynamobjornen »

Remind me a bit of This used to be the future. I like it alot. My favorite so far in the Hotspot "era".
"Sometimes someone gets upset doesn't hear the laughter takes it as a threat".

le petit corbusier

#54 Post by le petit corbusier »

Oznerol wrote:
le petit corbusier wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 8:59 pm
This use to be the future..YES! that was the first one then...but on the other songs you mentioned they`re both singing but not at the same time in harmony...just alterning one or the other...
Aaah, I see what you meant.
Look left, then right
And run for your life

Patrick Bateman

#55 Post by Patrick Bateman »

alig wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 5:54 pm
Why? Because choosing the antisemitic commie scum and EU whore Corbyn would have been the sensible choice? :wall: The country plumbed for sanity and told Corbyn, the Anti Brexit crowd and the global warming morons to piss off. :clap:
Corbyn is anti-EU. Unfortunately he was persuaded into backing a second referendum.

Spittingcat

#56 Post by Spittingcat »

global warming morons
Hmmm…

Spittingcat

#57 Post by Spittingcat »

people like him should be sterilised
Stay classy.

PETHEAD72

#58 Post by PETHEAD72 »

I have listenend to DECIDE at least 30 times today.UTTERLY FABULOUS,thank you PSB.the soundtrack of my life.
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

Pod

#59 Post by Pod »

PETHEAD72 wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 1:41 pm
One of the crowd wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 12:45 pm
They should release a 12” of this
Good shout!
Record store day beckons...
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

retrofuturist

#60 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Thanks for sharing these here, Dog...
Dog wrote:
Fri 13 Dec 2019, 3:16 pm
Lyrics now on the official site:

It’s time to make up your mind
Do we want to fight
or do we want to love?
Can’t we just live together?
Do we want to stay
or do we want to run?
Could this dream not last forever?
Do we want to sink
or do we want to swim?
The rain can’t last forever
Do we want to die
or do we want to live?
Surely we belong together?
It’s never too late
Fight for love
or love to fight
Oh, what have we done?
What have we done?
It’s never too late
It’s never too late
Fight for love
or love to fight
Oh, what have we done?
What have we done?
Speaking as someone who is pro-Brexit, who thought Agenda was far too elitist and self-righteous, I actually really like these lyrics, even with the Brexit overlay.

The deliberate split between the lyrics of the 1st half (pre-decision) and 2nd half (post-decision) is almost like a reminder that there were things like love, kindness and compassion before the U.K. was absorbed into a bureaucratic supra-national institution of governance. Whilst the first half portrays it in dire terms (Life/death, stay/run), love, kindness and compassion do not live in bureaucracy, social engineering and uncontrolled migration... they live in the hearts of people. Due to love, kindness and compassion, people will perceive solutions that they genuinely think are best for society at large, whether they differ from yours or mine.

So rather than "go full Antifa" and become ruinous like #TheResistance was in the U.S. (i.e. "love to fight"), place the focus on love, kindness and compassion and good (dare I say, bi-lateral, or non-partisan) solutions can always be found. "It's never too late" indeed, and there's another decision to be made...

To me, writing, recording and releasing this track on the date they did is a very real manifestation of love, kindness and compassion. I thank the boys for doing this. It is a beautiful reminder that you do not need permission of the government (whether you like them or not) to have, cultivate and express these positive human qualities.

Retro. :)