Decide (Burning the Heather b-side)

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Oznerol

Re: Decide (Burning the Heather b-side)

#136 Post by Oznerol » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 5:13 am

jules wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019, 11:48 pm
Decide is a good b side but overrated. I don't put it in the same league as integral. You have to wait for the very end to hear a few seconds of the price orchestra sound. I much prefer Burning the heather. The Cya mix is basic.
I'm not that impressed by the b-sides but Hotspot will be awesome.
It´s not defnetely on the same league with Integral!
On Decide you have constant surprises...when the track is finalized, you realise that you had no idea about how it will be going to end during the first half of the song. The climax is unexpected, but natural in the same way, and new layerrs of music, vocals and arrangements appears all the time until the magnific end. Constantly changing firecrackers.
On Integral, all the elements of the song are exposed since the first 15 seconds...and nothing new happens all through the song. There are no surprise, no in-crescendo... It ends exactly how you supposed it will after the first verse. A unique explosion...and the echo.
They can´t be more diifferent...
This is not my signature.

alig

#137 Post by alig » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:13 pm

For crying out loud! They probably wrote the song before the Brexit. Stop politicising a simple love song. The lyrics don't even make sense from a Brexit perspective. t's more likely the song is about Chris and Neil breaking up soon after they'd met the first time. Hence the duet.
"John 3:16."

jules

#138 Post by jules » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

Oznerol wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 5:13 am
jules wrote:
Mon 16 Dec 2019, 11:48 pm
Decide is a good b side but overrated. I don't put it in the same league as integral. You have to wait for the very end to hear a few seconds of the price orchestra sound. I much prefer Burning the heather. The Cya mix is basic.
I'm not that impressed by the b-sides but Hotspot will be awesome.
It´s not defnetely on the same league with Integral!
On Decide you have constant surprises...when the track is finalized, you realise that you had no idea about how it will be going to end during the first half of the song. The climax is unexpected, but natural in the same way, and new layerrs of music, vocals and arrangements appears all the time until the magnific end. Constantly changing firecrackers.
On Integral, all the elements of the song are exposed since the first 15 seconds...and nothing new happens all through the song. There are no surprise, no in-crescendo... It ends exactly how you supposed it will after the first verse. A unique explosion...and the echo.
They can´t be more diifferent...
Integral builds up all along to a tremendous climax. It's epic, every verse is more powerful than the previous one. Decide goes nowhere, with just some sounds stacked up in the second half.

NotInvisible

#139 Post by NotInvisible » Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:21 pm

alig wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:13 pm
For crying out loud! They probably wrote the song before the Brexit. Stop politicising a simple love song. The lyrics don't even make sense from a Brexit perspective. t's more likely the song is about Chris and Neil breaking up soon after they'd met the first time. Hence the duet.
What a strange person you are.

Oznerol

#140 Post by Oznerol » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:35 pm

jules wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 10:50 pm

Integral builds up all along to a tremendous climax. It's epic, every verse is more powerful than the previous one. Decide goes nowhere, with just some sounds stacked up in the second half.
:shock: :shock: :naughty:
This is not my signature.

alig

#141 Post by alig » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:47 pm

NotInvisible wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:21 pm
alig wrote:
Why thank you.
You seriously believe it's out of the question that they used to date? Just because they denied it?

NotInvisible

#142 Post by NotInvisible » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 3:25 pm

alig wrote:
Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:47 pm
You seriously believe it's out of the question that they used to date? Just because they denied it?
It's not out of the question that you are a furry. That doesn't justify the assumption that you are, without evidence to support the claim.

Future Lover

#143 Post by Future Lover » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 6:53 pm

The probability that alig is anything other than a middle-aged white male is slim.

Ghost within this house

#144 Post by Ghost within this house » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 7:47 pm

alig wrote:
Tue 24 Dec 2019, 2:47 pm
NotInvisible wrote:
Mon 23 Dec 2019, 11:21 pm
alig wrote:
Why thank you.
There's as much chance of that as there is of Brexit making us £350 million per week richer.
Firing verbal shots.......like a Tommy Gun

alig

#145 Post by alig » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 10:34 pm

If people believe a love song is about Brexit rather than a broken relationship, my assumption that Neil and Chris are singing a DUET about their relationship is far-fetched? You crack me up, lads.

le petit corbusier

#146 Post by le petit corbusier » Tue 24 Dec 2019, 11:29 pm

alig wrote:If people believe a love song is about Brexit rather than a broken relationship, my assumption that Neil and Chris are singing a DUET about their relationship is far-fetched? You crack me up, lads.
Merry Xmas you all!
Look left, then right
And run for your life

ceejay

#147 Post by ceejay » Tue 31 Dec 2019, 5:29 pm

The additional vocals that people were asking about. To me it sounds like.

Live together
Last forever
Cat...

And there you are...

Pod

#148 Post by Pod » Wed 01 Jan 2020, 2:41 am

Been playing this at least a couple of times a day since release. Essential listening - still!
Happy new year all by the way.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

Disco.

#149 Post by Disco. » Wed 01 Jan 2020, 2:46 am

Yes, happy new year ! 😊

domino

#150 Post by domino » Wed 01 Jan 2020, 3:43 am

ceejay wrote:
Tue 31 Dec 2019, 5:29 pm
The additional vocals that people were asking about. To me it sounds like.

Live together
Last forever
Same here.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.