Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
y3potential

Re: Exclusive 7“ in German „Musikexpress“ magazine

#106 Post by y3potential » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:12 pm

Den wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm
oakey wrote:
Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:15 am
Aftet checking the invoices, it appears I have not received all of them (I placed about 15 orders). So they apparently send them out in batches.

Also make sure to thoroughly check them, as several of my invoices contained incorrect ammounts. I’ll contact them again about the incorrect and missing invoices. It’s all very bureaucratic, can’t help thinking that having an option for credit card payment would have made things so much easier for them (but most Germans do not own a credit card, that’s probably why).

All of you who ordered through me do not need to worry, I’ll sort everything out for you. Just sit back and wait for the magazine and single to arrive.
Why have you ordered 15? Surely 2 is enough for a collector?

Er, because Oakey has very kindly ordered up copies for members here who had difficulty ordering themselves. He is doing a selfless and much appreciated act on behalf of fellow fans.
Last edited by y3potential on Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is beauty in ugliness and ugliness in beauty.

Effen Vida

#107 Post by Effen Vida » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:22 pm

oakey wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:53 pm
Well I have ordered more. But they will be shipped out to all different addresses.
I'm sorely regretting not taking you up on your incredibly kind offer!

Tom Angel

#108 Post by Tom Angel » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm

It would appear that the UK does not appear on the drop down country menu,

Is anyone else having similar issues .

Many thanks

Tom
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

Tom Angel

#109 Post by Tom Angel » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:36 pm

Apologies - I'e seen earlier post.

Tom Angel

#110 Post by Tom Angel » Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:39 pm

Wish I had a better grasp of German.

Gabby

#111 Post by Gabby » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:49 am

Frankly I'll be amazed if I succeed in getting a copy of this just by asking for the "invoice me" option. It just seems a really odd way to do business...send the merch before paying for it.

Fingers crossed....knowing good old Canada Post it could still be weeks after release before I even see it anyway.

tottenhammattspurs

#112 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:14 pm

If anyone has ordered two or three, I’ll happily pay double for a copy. That way you make a bit of money and I finally get one.
is is and isnt isnt

Future Lover

#113 Post by Future Lover » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:27 pm

People... just wait for discogs. You'll regret paying big money for this. Sweet of Oakey to help you all out, but honestly, it doesn't seem like a pleasant experience for anyone who can't just pick it up in Germany.

Disco.

#114 Post by Disco. » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 4:34 pm

I just went for the invoice option.

romy

#115 Post by romy » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm

Yeah,I have it.Nice.

12 pages,Interview with the pets,Interview with Wolfgang Tillmans,ranking list of the 50 best singles(magazin choice,Nr.1 Being Boring Nr .2 Suburbia)

The Vinyl,phantastic looking.

romy

#116 Post by romy » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 5:06 pm

Ah,forget..4,5/5 stars critic.

oakey

#117 Post by oakey » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:10 pm

Den wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 7:52 pm
oakey wrote:
Sat 11 Jan 2020, 10:15 am
Aftet checking the invoices, it appears I have not received all of them (I placed about 15 orders). So they apparently send them out in batches.

Also make sure to thoroughly check them, as several of my invoices contained incorrect ammounts. I’ll contact them again about the incorrect and missing invoices. It’s all very bureaucratic, can’t help thinking that having an option for credit card payment would have made things so much easier for them (but most Germans do not own a credit card, that’s probably why).

All of you who ordered through me do not need to worry, I’ll sort everything out for you. Just sit back and wait for the magazine and single to arrive.
Why have you ordered 15? Surely 2 is enough for a collector?
Read the whole thread; several forum members without the IBAN option who do not feel comfortably sending their CC details to the magazine publisher by email have ordered through me. Which means I collected the money via my PayPal account and subsequently placed the order with Springer publisher using my invoice address (and paying from my bank account) but using the shipping address of the respective forum member.

I just ordered one copy for myself.
Effen Vida wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 8:22 pm
oakey wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 6:53 pm
Well I have ordered more. But they will be shipped out to all different addresses.
I'm sorely regretting not taking you up on your incredibly kind offer!
No worries, this is still possible as the magazine and 7" has not been released yet. As long as it is not out of print, I am happy to order for anyone who is interested (note I just ad a €1.50 fee for covering my own PP cost and fees). I feel this is a much fairer offer than ordering a lot and selling these through eBay (or having to buy it on eBay for €30 plus P&P!)
Last edited by oakey on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oakey

#118 Post by oakey » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm

Tom Angel wrote:
Tue 14 Jan 2020, 9:34 pm
It would appear that the UK does not appear on the drop down country menu,

Is anyone else having similar issues .

Many thanks

Tom
UK in German is Vereinigtes Königreich! That is almost at the bottom.

I do not understand the issues or the comment on 'paying big money' and frankly I feel offended. I just offer to help out for an additional fee of €1.50 which will cover my own PP fees and the cost for transferring the money from my PP account to my bank account. The actual shipping cost worldwide for this Mag+7" are €3.45 (that is the amount Springer publishing has set)! Try ordering via eBay or Discogs for such a P&P ammount! The rest is just the actual item cost of €9.90. I paid more for the 7" of Burning the heather via the OS.

Yes, you can buy it from Discogs or eBay but that is really more of a hassle than ordering it directly from the publisher. You just pay me with PayPal and the publisher sends it to you. You do not have to worry about completing German e-forms, and I will send you a copy of the confirmation email. It is really no problem for me to place the order, and since the invoice and email address with the order are mine, you should not worry that they will contact you in German or whatever. Also, it's not that hundreds of people have ordered through me, just 15 incl me.

I can speak German, so that is not an issue either.
Last edited by oakey on Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

oakey

#119 Post by oakey » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 7:20 pm

Gabby wrote:
Wed 15 Jan 2020, 2:49 am
Frankly I'll be amazed if I succeed in getting a copy of this just by asking for the "invoice me" option. It just seems a really odd way to do business...send the merch before paying for it.

Fingers crossed....knowing good old Canada Post it could still be weeks after release before I even see it anyway.
Like I stated above, you'll receive an invoice by email, and then you will have to pay them. When you will receive the invoice is unclear, that will take days or weeks (see one of my earlier posts: I have received 9 our of 15 invoices last week, then contacted the publisher abnout the missing and incorrect invoices, but no response yet, but previous responses also took days!).

But fully agree it is the German pre-electronic way of doing bussiness. Try opening a bank account in Germany for instance, you go back in time to the 1970s!

To add one positive note: they will apparently ship it tomorrow!

Future Lover

#120 Post by Future Lover » Wed 15 Jan 2020, 8:47 pm

Oakey, I feel like this is a big misunderstanding - I wasn't critical of you in any way! I was speaking about the fact that some people are willing to spend much more than a tenner on this, and someone even paid fifty on eBay, when it's pretty clear that it's gonna be available to purchase in a much easier manner (i.e. the over-mentioned discogs). In a way, I was even trying to reduce the load on your side. Sending love. The small extra you added on top of it is totally justifiable, and I would never argue with that. Sorry if it came out wrong.