Is there any possibility for a Number 1 album? Look at the list of releases

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
ZiggyPSB

Re: Is there any possibility for a Number 1 album? Look at the list of releases

#196 Post by ZiggyPSB »

Still a trio of number 3s is quite an achievement considering how different each Price album has been.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

romy

#197 Post by romy »

If these is the update from wednesday,it looks good for Nr.2,because since yesterday evening,Hotspot ist climbing again.

boyjohn

#198 Post by boyjohn »

If the sales for Thurs are similar to Wed PSB will hold on to #2 by about 500-600. They are up by 1800 and Eminem beat them by 1200 yesterday. But it seems that there is still stuff missing from yesterday that would/might benefit Eminem. So, it may be very close.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

PSBForTheMasses

#199 Post by PSBForTheMasses »

There is a guy on every single PSB page in Facebook and he is posting the midweek charts and dancing around like a clown, shouting OUR BOYS ARE NUMBER ONE YES THEY ARE NUMBER ONE THEY ARE THE BESTSELLING NUMBER ONE etc (and he is actually calling names who objects to his statements and marks them as PSB enemies :lol:) so nearly every PSB fan on those pages passoinately believes that Hotspot is a number one album this week. They have crossed the point of no return. I stopped trying to tell them that these were midweek updates.

alig

#200 Post by alig »

Walliams is promoting Hotspot on Instagram. That should cinch us the no1.
"John 3:16."

tottenhammattspurs

#201 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

PSBForTheMasses wrote: Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm There is a guy on every single PSB page in Facebook and he is posting the midweek charts and dancing around like a clown, shouting OUR BOYS ARE NUMBER ONE YES THEY ARE NUMBER ONE THEY ARE THE BESTSELLING NUMBER ONE etc (and he is actually calling names who objects to his statements and marks them as PSB enemies :lol:) so nearly every PSB fan on those pages passoinately believes that Hotspot is a number one album this week. They have crossed the point of no return. I stopped trying to tell them that these were midweek updates.
I saw that too. I chipped in but didn’t have the time, patience or crayons to prove otherwise.
is is and isnt isnt

le petit corbusier

#202 Post by le petit corbusier »

PSBForTheMasses wrote:There is a guy on every single PSB page in Facebook and he is posting the midweek charts and dancing around like a clown, shouting OUR BOYS ARE NUMBER ONE YES THEY ARE NUMBER ONE THEY ARE THE BESTSELLING NUMBER ONE etc (and he is actually calling names who objects to his statements and marks them as PSB enemies Image) so nearly every PSB fan on those pages passoinately believes that Hotspot is a number one album this week. They have crossed the point of no return. I stopped trying to tell them that these were midweek updates.
Lol
Look left, then right
And run for your life

skyhigh

#203 Post by skyhigh »

boyjohn wrote: Thu 30 Jan 2020, 7:05 pm If the sales for Thurs are similar to Wed PSB will hold on to #2 by about 500-600. They are up by 1800 and Eminem beat them by 1200 yesterday. But it seems that there is still stuff missing from yesterday that would/might benefit Eminem. So, it may be very close.
No way there’s been a 5.4k turnaround in a day or two.
That's it, it's all over. We're out of here. What a Legacy! (c) Chris Lowe 2009

RMC

#204 Post by RMC »

Price gone back up to £8.99 now.

Den

#205 Post by Den »

Just a waiting game now....

retrofuturist

#206 Post by retrofuturist »

If it comes to it, a trilogy of #3 placings would be somewhat ironic.

I just hope it's at least #3... often first week sales are more of an indicator of the quality of the previous album than the quality of the current album. Perhaps that's why we had three lead singles - to prove to fair-weather fans that this isn't another Super.
"Politics are too emotional now. Contemporary culture generally is too emotional, really... I'd rather people looked to the truth." (Neil Tennant)

DavePSB

#207 Post by DavePSB »

So close..

From the PSB site:

The new PSB album, “Hotspot”, has today entered the UK albums chart at number 3, matching the chart entries of its predecessors in the trilogy of albums produced by Stuart Price. It is Pet Shop Boys’ seventeenth top ten album in the UK.
“Hotspot” is, however, number one in the independent albums, physical, CD, vinyl and cassette charts!
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 13.15.09.png
Screenshot 2020-01-31 at 13.15.09.png (126.88 KiB) Viewed 2558 times
Chris: "I don't really like MP3's. It's like having a 1 megapixel digital camera."

Click for PSB | Euphoric (rarely updated now)

Tenlow

#208 Post by Tenlow »

Electric #3
Super #3
Hotspot #3

Will be interesting to see the gap to Eminem. Can't be too many copies. What a shame :)
Firing verbal shots like a tommy gun

Future Lover

#209 Post by Future Lover »

Kind of bittersweet. They hustled so much this time, no doubt to put that "#1 album Hotspot in stores" on tour posters, but it wasn't to be. This just shows that their fanbase has pretty much settled by now on 10-15k copies, and the casuals will only be here for "Discography" from now on.

lowesglasses

#210 Post by lowesglasses »

As much fun as it was to track the progress over the last few days and have that small inkling of hope, I think we all knew deep down that incomprehensible rap/mumbling and artists with incomplete names were always going to be the victors.

However, I think we can all be proud that a group that has been around for over 30 years has given them a damn good fight. You can certainly guarantee that most of the popular artists of today won’t be challenging like this in 30 years time.

Well done PSB. We’re proud of you!