Chris Lowe interview: "we like each other but we don't have sex"

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Nickname

Re: Chris Lowe interview: "we like each other but we don't have sex"

#16 Post by Nickname »

psb-freak wrote:
Fri 24 Jan 2020, 7:05 pm
I'm just listening to Wedding in Berlin and imaging Neil and Chris walking down the altar.
Put "love" instead of "like" and you can consider Neil and Chris officially married. :lol:

They say they are friends but I think you don't waste so much time of your life with only a friend. The strange thing is they don't have sex. Well, if they say just the opposite I think it could be a difficult thing to accept for straight fans and you know it's true.

Disco.

#17 Post by Disco. »

Well, Neil has stated, and I quote “ We have a very close relationship, but it’s got nothing to do with sex”.

psb-freak

#18 Post by psb-freak »

Well, not every couple has sex together.
Interviewer:
-What would you tell someone about yourself if you wanted to impress them?

Chris:
-I´ve got a 12-inch plonker.

Shopper

#19 Post by Shopper »

Such a fun interview! Clearly Berlin is doing Chris a lot of good.
I was born in a hospital room with green walls, the doctor who delivered me wore a green overall, so did the nurses hovering around. So much greenery around, its no wonder that it is my favourite colour !

My Blog
On Facebook

Disco.

#20 Post by Disco. »

psb-freak wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 6:54 pm
Well, not every couple has sex together.
True :)

Disco.

#21 Post by Disco. »

Didn’t anyone listen to their Graham Norton interview yesterday? It was so funny, they have a good chemistry. He and Chris did socialize at one point, clubbing. He clearly knows him well.

glennjridge

#22 Post by glennjridge »

they must not find each other attractive at all. I mean who here when at work wasnt thrown into a huge project with some woman at work(OR GUY..sheesh) they found attractive and something happened either at work or after when you went to the ole honkey tonk to unwind and went home? I suspect most here have.

in all the years...there had to be something. it probably went down bad one way or the other and they never went there again.
Last edited by glennjridge on Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boyjohn

#23 Post by boyjohn »

It seems obvious to me after listening and watching hundreds of interviews, hearing others talk about them and reading interviews with them that they are just really good friends and collaborative artistic partners and really enjoy each others company. But I have never once seen or heard anything from them (or anyone else) that would give the impression that it is a romantic or sexual thing.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

ArtHist

#25 Post by ArtHist »

boyjohn wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:46 pm
It seems obvious to me after listening and watching hundreds of interviews, hearing others talk about them and reading interviews with them that they are just really good friends and collaborative artistic partners and really enjoy each others company. But I have never once seen or heard anything from them (or anyone else) that would give the impression that it is a romantic or sexual thing.
One can have met for a casual sexual encounter which developed into other territories. A cruise session can lead to conversations and future meetings which are focussed on more professional areas.

boyjohn

#26 Post by boyjohn »

ArtHist wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 9:37 pm
boyjohn wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 8:46 pm
One can have met for a casual sexual encounter which developed into other territories. A cruise session can lead to conversations and future meetings which are focussed on more professional areas.
Anything is possible. But I can't recall anything either of them have said over the years (even off the cuff) that would lead someone to infer that. So it's just projection.
“Unless you consciously include, you will unconsciously exclude”
-Stephen Frost

MikeyC

#27 Post by MikeyC »

I think they may have had an intimate encounter on that fateful first day, immediately following meeting at the electronics shop. Once that was out of the way, they realized they were better as friends who had a strong mutual interest in music. Just my theory anyway! 😎

TeCHno PoP

#28 Post by TeCHno PoP »

And they are listening to Kraftwerk Tour De France while bikeing. :)

ArtHist

#29 Post by ArtHist »

MikeyC wrote:
Sun 26 Jan 2020, 11:06 pm
I think they may have had an intimate encounter on that fateful first day, immediately following meeting at the electronics shop. Once that was out of the way, they realized they were better as friends who had a strong mutual interest in music. Just my theory anyway! 😎
Same as tbh. A few moments of 'indiscretion' followed by a lifetime of professional development. See also Donald & Melania, Kim & Kanye, the Beckhams etc ad nauseam.

Disco.

#30 Post by Disco. »

Maybe, we will never know.