US TOUR

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Pod

Re: US TOUR

#76 Post by Pod »

Depends on band schedules and whether they can be bothered rescheduling. May happen, may not.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

bongsteve

#77 Post by bongsteve »

I wonder how much longer they hold out making a decision on this tour? Can't wait much longer than a month or so can they?

psbnyc

#78 Post by psbnyc »

In “Answers from isolation”, Neil says that the world tour is postponed until 2021....

bongsteve

#79 Post by bongsteve »

psbnyc wrote: Mon 27 Apr 2020, 8:33 pm In “Answers from isolation”, Neil says that the world tour is postponed until 2021....
Saw that, wasn't sure if he was referring to both tours or just the Dreamworld tour. No official announcement from either band yet as far as I know.

Luke Colorado

#80 Post by Luke Colorado »

Of course it will be. I only hope it’s not canceled.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

psbfannyc

#81 Post by psbfannyc »

I noticed that concerts and tours here in Europe that start in September 2020 are starting to be canceled/postponed.

tottenhammattspurs

#82 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Interesting to see in the reprinted “literally” from the 1989 tour that, even then, they mentioned doing a joint tour with New Order. So it’s been bubbling for 30 years.
is is and isnt isnt

mhvbear

#83 Post by mhvbear »

I am surprised that the co-headlining tour with New Order has not been cancelled or postponed yet. I have tickets for the NYC show and the talk is that the Garden will not re-open until 2021. Also heard on the news that there will be no large chows in LA until 2021.

rashomon

#84 Post by rashomon »

I hope they postpone to 2021 ... I have flights booked with BA but those can be rescheduled.

I can't see anything happening in 2020 gig-wise for any act! ... bloody Coronavirus :grumble:
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

psbfannyc

#85 Post by psbfannyc »

I can't imagine anything happening with this tour until 2021 quite honestly. This disease is so contagious...both biologically and mentally...and there is so much chaos now that the ant hill has been stepped on...I don't see it happening in 2020. Plus...rehearsals and music pre-production has to start at least 8 weeks in advance...so we are talking June/July etc. I just hope it happens in the future no matter what. PSB with NO is a dream come true!

Luke Colorado

#86 Post by Luke Colorado »

I’m sure they are negotiating with all the parties involved about a new schedule. They won’t announce anything until that is complete.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

psbfannyc

#87 Post by psbfannyc »

Luke Colorado wrote: Wed 13 May 2020, 1:49 pm I’m sure they are negotiating with all the parties involved about a new schedule. They won’t announce anything until that is complete.
Yeah you are right. Plus, I guess it would be better to see them when everyone at each concert is there to have a good time virus-free. WTF is going on with this planet?

One of the crowd

#88 Post by One of the crowd »

New Order have just announced the tour will now be moving to September 2021 and new dates will be announced shortly.

Tickets for the original dates will remain valid though refunds will be available in due course if required
Fishing

bongsteve

#89 Post by bongsteve »

One of the crowd wrote: Wed 13 May 2020, 3:05 pm New Order have just announced the tour will now be moving to September 2021 and new dates will be announced shortly.

Tickets for the original dates will remain valid though refunds will be available in due course if required
Just saw that as well. Thanks for posting.

rashomon

#90 Post by rashomon »

Oh happy days!

Best news I’ve heard since ... well since I bought my tickets!

Thanks for posting!

Gonna have a cup o’tea now to celebrate!
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional