"Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Den

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#31 Post by Den »

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: I see it in stock and few minutes later it was gone.

PSB-90

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#32 Post by PSB-90 »

So many things announced at one time as well,we all lead busy lives and are not bound to surfing the official site 24/7,the real collectors miss out on items like this.an announcement of some sort should be made a day before or so.
I agree 100%, this kind of thing has happened too many times now. It's really unfair.

minimal

#33 Post by minimal »

Sorry, but truth be told: the whole announcement was handled unprofessionally and therefore unacceptable. So, the slip case edition was announced after the rough trade signed edition had gone on sale and was sold out right away. Then again the slip case version is announced but does not include signed copies of the bundle.. how does that make any sense? Then it's gone within a couple of hours. How many slip cases and signed copies are there around? 100 each? I agree: you don't have that with New Order or other bands!

I totally agree, too, there's many of us being at work etc. and I wasn't able to get either the slip case edition or a signed copy of the books. It's very simple: I won't buy anything then. And I feel treated badly as a long time fan. Totally unacceptable marketing behaviour also. That's sheer unsatisfying and I sincerely hope that they take any notice of the process and offer more of both, that is signed copies as well as slipcase editions. Otherwise I won't pay. Period.

m+

ZiggyPSB

#34 Post by ZiggyPSB »

On the other hand, if you're someone like me who has to work late nights and/or weekends, no-one will win if the timing of the announcement suited one group of people over another.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Pod

#35 Post by Pod »

PETHEAD72 wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:04 pm I am absolutely livid about missing out on the slipcase,was on the website today and nothing was mentioned,even when the post was put up for the books to but from rough trade etc there was nothing for the slipcase versions?,that must have appeared afterwards!

So many things announced at one time as well,we all lead busy lives and are not bound to surfing the official site 24/7,the real collectors miss out on items like this.an announcement of some sort should be made a day before or so.

Really unhappy about this.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally gutted - knew nowt about this until now and I check the site regularly. An alert email to the people who subscribe to their site is a minimum for me.
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

ChoonHound

#36 Post by ChoonHound »

It’s paper. You’re grown ups whining over paper. Collect memories, not junk.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

Den

#37 Post by Den »

I am hoping more go up on the OS.

Pod

#38 Post by Pod »

Luke Colorado wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:36 pm It’s paper. You’re grown ups whining over paper. Collect memories, not junk.
Helpful - thanks... :wall:
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

PETHEAD72

#39 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Luke Colorado wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:36 pm It’s paper. You’re grown ups whining over paper. Collect memories, not junk.
PSB items junk?,wow some PSB fan you are.the majority of your comments on here are always negative.
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

PETHEAD72

#40 Post by PETHEAD72 »

PSB-90 wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:27 pm
I agree 100%, this kind of thing has happened too many times now. It's really unfair.
👍

PETHEAD72

#41 Post by PETHEAD72 »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:24 pm On the other hand, if you're someone like me who has to work late nights and/or weekends, no-one will win if the timing of the announcement suited one group of people over another.
Very true ziggy

PETHEAD72

#42 Post by PETHEAD72 »

Pod wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:26 pm
PETHEAD72 wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:04 pm I am absolutely livid about missing out on the slipcase,was on the website today and nothing was mentioned,even when the post was put up for the books to but from rough trade etc there was nothing for the slipcase versions?,that must have appeared afterwards!

Really unhappy about this.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Totally gutted - knew nowt about this until now and I check the site regularly. An alert email to the people who subscribe to their site is a minimum for me.

Exactly pod,👍

PETHEAD72

#43 Post by PETHEAD72 »

minimal wrote: Thu 13 Feb 2020, 10:52 pm Sorry, but truth be told: the whole announcement was handled unprofessionally and therefore unacceptable. So, the slip case edition was announced after the rough trade signed edition had gone on sale and was sold out right away. Then again the slip case version is announced but does not include signed copies of the bundle.. how does that make any sense? Then it's gone within a couple of hours. How many slip cases and signed copies are there around? 100 each? I agree: you don't have that with New Order or other bands!

I totally agree, too, there's many of us being at work etc. and I wasn't able to get either the slip case edition or a signed copy of the books. It's very simple: I won't buy anything then. And I feel treated badly as a long time fan. Totally unacceptable marketing behaviour also. That's sheer unsatisfying and I sincerely hope that they take any notice of the process and offer more of both, that is signed copies as well as slipcase editions. Otherwise I won't pay. Period.

m+
Totally agree,well put.👍

glennjridge

#44 Post by glennjridge »

I totally get collecting, seems like fun but if you saw the state of the PSB physical stuff I've gotten thru the years...sheesh. the only thing I ever had of theirs of interest is that little mini CD I got after a concert in NYC.
my most prized possession of anything is one of my shotguns signed by Ted Nugent.

ChoonHound

#45 Post by ChoonHound »

PETHEAD72 wrote: Fri 14 Feb 2020, 12:21 am PSB items junk?,wow some PSB fan you are.the majority of your comments on here are always negative.
Yes; junk; Its about the music.

I'm just honest. I gave up the notion years ago that collecting or gushing was going to result in a personal connection with N&C. That seems to offend folks around here. Oh well.
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.