"Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
zukunft

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#151 Post by zukunft »

Pod wrote:
Sat 04 Apr 2020, 10:01 am
These aren’t shipping until mid-April now. Had an email a couple of weeks ago.
But why did they say that all books are going to be send on April 1st? Status of my orders (Annually and slipcase edition) is „processed“.

Pod

Re: "Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America +": Autographed by Neil & Chris March 19, 2020

#152 Post by Pod »

zukunft wrote:
Sat 04 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm
Pod wrote:
Sat 04 Apr 2020, 10:01 am
These aren’t shipping until mid-April now. Had an email a couple of weeks ago.
But why did they say that all books are going to be send on April 1st? Status of my orders (Annually and slipcase edition) is „processed“.
No idea - just got to wait until they turn up I suppose!
Just for the sake of it, make sure you're always frowning. :|
It shows the world that you've got substance and depth.

df118junkie

#153 Post by df118junkie »

Boring90 wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020, 8:29 pm
Received both signed books here in the U.S. from Rough Trade. At least I hope both are signed. Will wait a few days to open.
Signed Rough Trade copies arrived in California yesterday. Package intact.

Kobalt Blew

#154 Post by Kobalt Blew »

Padster wrote:
Sat 04 Apr 2020, 10:37 am
Kobalt Blew wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020, 1:12 pm
Anyone else in England also still not received their signed books yet? (from Rough Trade)
Mine arrived on Monday, just under 2 weeks delivery. It could be your local post office just being really busy. Did you use the trackable option for dispatch? If so, keep checking Royal Mail it’ll say they don’t have any details until your local office receives the package, then it’ll say “We haven’t attempted delivery yet” (or words to that effect) - that means they have it and it’ll be in the queue for delivery.

Hope it arrives soon, if it hasn’t already.
They came on Tuesday 31st, although a bit bashed. Looks like the material used for the cover makes the ink rub off easily in transit or the ink wasn't fully allowed to dry before manufacturing them. No bubble-wrap in the packaging.

I suppose it gives them some character and they don't appear to have arrived in as bad a condition as some others.
Attachments
PSB books.jpg
PSB books.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1701 times
previously Parlophoney.

Pod

#155 Post by Pod »

I’ve just had an email saying my slipcase edition has been dispatched! Woo hoo!

rehmana

#156 Post by rehmana »

I got the dispatch email too. Hope they arrive in better condition than I have seen in some of the posts above.

Pod

#157 Post by Pod »

Slipcase edition has arrived - very well packed - great condition.
Attachments
D2EE57F0-7E53-4978-9F57-F4AE03AD7B01.jpeg
D2EE57F0-7E53-4978-9F57-F4AE03AD7B01.jpeg (3.28 MiB) Viewed 1303 times

rehmana

#159 Post by rehmana »

Mine is due in next hour but got the shock of my life with the email saying some company called ingram micro were delivering an order via dpd. Took a bit of working out before i realised it is the books. They look good in yiur pics, cant wait to see them for real.

Effen Vida

#160 Post by Effen Vida »

Mine arrived, also. I see they’re already going on eBay for anywhere between £60 and £100.
Under my current financial situation (not great since, like many others, losing my job due to coronavirus) I’m sorely tempted to switch out the slipcase books and slide in my signed copies and get that on eBay. Sounds a bit cavalier, but needs must!
Sad times all round.

Pod

#161 Post by Pod »

I’m after 2 signed copies Effen if that’s any help. Really sorry to hear of your job situation.

goughsjd

#162 Post by goughsjd »

Pod I'll be selling my two signed copies if you wanna make. An offer - that is of course if effen isn't selling :up:
    Wolverhampton '02 / Gateshead '06 / Wolverhampton Civic '07 / Birmingham NIA '09 / London 02 '13 / Birmingham LG '14 / Glasgow Armadillo '17 / Birmingham Barclaycard Arena '17 / Garden ‘18 / Musik Bijou Edinburgh '19

Pod

#163 Post by Pod »

goughsjd wrote:
    Sat 11 Apr 2020, 12:24 pm
    Pod I'll be selling my two signed copies if you wanna make. An offer - that is of course if effen isn't selling :up:
    Definitely interested Goughsjd - PM me, I’m sure we can work something out.

wieske

#164 Post by wieske »

I received today, here in Belgium, my Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America slipcase edition in perfect condition. Nothing to complain about 👍
    Don't give me all your northern pain
    Don't sell me New York in the rain
    Let's leave our promises behind
    Rewind and try again

Gabby

#165 Post by Gabby »

wieske wrote:
    Thu 16 Apr 2020, 5:27 pm
    I received today, here in Belgium, my Literally & Pet Shop Boys versus America slipcase edition in perfect condition. Nothing to complain about 👍
    Mine are on their way to Canada - interestingly both with Fedex. So it seems that the OS has had to change their preferred courier in this pandemic, as usually it just come by regular post.

I actually prefer Fedex - it comes right to my door, and here Canada Post have this nasty habit of cramming boxes into our tiny community mailboxes even if they don't fit - it's a miracle I haven't received a broken piece of vinyl or a damaged Annually yet.