Annually 2020 + Free CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Saucer

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#91 Post by Saucer »

Realizing that I hadn't pre-ordered 'I Don't Wanna' on the site, I see they're now not delivering to New Zealand at all due to our country's (temporary...hopefully) lockdown.
So what happens to my already ordered copy of 'Annually' then?
The overseas mail is still getting through, just not being distributed until the lockdown is lifted so it still can be sent.
Would be nice to get a reassuring email and some info for once!

Synthrobot

#92 Post by Synthrobot »

It is two weeks now since the announcement the books were being shipped out, where the hell are they?!

canveyboy

#93 Post by canveyboy »

Synthrobot wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020, 6:50 pm
It is two weeks now since the announcement the books were being shipped out, where the hell are they?!
Exactly. They announced on April 1st that they were being shipped THAT day! Didn’t happen. Then someone at Digital Stores said they were being shipped by the end of last week. Didn’t happen either. I’m guessing shipping will now be the 17th as per date on the PSB store?

EDIT: The PSB store now says ‘In Stock’ and has a release date of April 9th? WTH is going on?

Has anyone actually had a dispatched email for Annually?
Its taken me all of my life to find you

psbfannyc

#94 Post by psbfannyc »

canveyboy wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020, 7:05 pm
Synthrobot wrote:
Exactly. They announced on April 1st that they were being shipped THAT day! Didn’t happen. Then someone at Digital Stores said they were being shipped by the end of last week. Didn’t happen either. I’m guessing shipping will now be the 17th as per date on the PSB store?

EDIT: The PSB store now says ‘In Stock’ and has a release date of April 9th? WTH is going on?

I have been emailing Digital Stores for over 3 weeks with no response (of course not unusual)...but I'm sure like everywhere else on the planet...it's just complete chaos with trying to get anything done in a complete global catastrophe with nothing but roadblocks everywhere. The only thing I will say is we all need to be patient no matter how frustrating.

bongsteve

#95 Post by bongsteve »

canveyboy wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020, 7:05 pm
Synthrobot wrote:

Not a word from them at all. Gut tells me it will just show up one day.

zukunft

#96 Post by zukunft »

bongsteve wrote:
Wed 15 Apr 2020, 8:13 pm
No, nothing.

Bounce

#97 Post by Bounce »

I was going to post the following message (my first) earlier, but then decided to sit on it for a while to allow ‘Pet Shop Boys Customer Services’ more time to respond. However, given recent posts and the general consensus about their (in)competence, I’m now thinking “Stick it on, stick it on!” I acknowledge that I’m not really saying anything that hasn’t already been said by others, but I think it acts as a fairly comprehensive summary of the whole ‘Annually 2020’ saga to date, so:

Just registered to ask if anybody has received theirs yet (unlikely, since nobody's mentioned it, plus there are the postal delays and the fact that Easter's only just over) or received a meaningful response from the PSB store.

There are three different release dates! On the product page, at the end of the item description (and in my pre-order confirmation email from February) it says 17th April. On the same page, under the 'Add to basket' button it says '09 April'. And, in a 'Latest news' announcement on the official PSB site ('Books shipping early') it says: "Due to potential disruptions of national and international mail services, the shipping date for “Pet Shop Boys Annually 2020” and the reissues of “Pet Shop Boys, Literally” and “Pet Shop Boys Versus America” has been moved forward to today, April 1st" (two weeks later I think we can safely assume that didn't happen (in the case of 'Annually 2020'), although there's been no further update).

I messaged the store on 11/04/20 asking for clarification, and pointing out the conflicting dates given. I received a generic ‘message received’ acknowledgement stating; “We are currently experiencing high email volumes and will endeavour to reply to you as soon as possible… Please refrain from submitting multiple requests as this may cause a delay in responding to you.”

I see that thus far nobody has rectified the conflicting dates on the product page, and as already mentioned, no further update has been posted in the news section. I can perfectly understand the coronavirus situation disrupting planned delivery dates, but I don’t see how it can prevent somebody from updating the sites (official site and PSB shop) and communicating the current situation.

Just to add to the confusion, a pop-up message on the shop says “All orders from this store are shipping as normal” [for orders sent to a UK destination, at least, according to the page linked to from the ‘More information’ link]. Oh, and ‘Annually 2020’ is apparently ‘In Stock’…

I don’t really mind when it arrives (as long it does turn up eventually); I do, however, expect timely and unambiguous information on the main site and the store, and the courtesy of a response to a politely-worded enquiry.

Only two days to go until the last of the three given dates…

Flaffer

#98 Post by Flaffer »

I wonder if PSB know how incompetent they are, it doesn’t reflect well on their website. If you read reviews of Digital Store it’s almost embarrassing, whilst time’s are obviously strange at the moment they’ve been pretty bad all along imho. I ordered something online for my parents recently, it was sent the next day. The notification of early dispatch, then contrary emails, and So on is a sign of shoddiness nothing else
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

ZiggyPSB

#99 Post by ZiggyPSB »

So it makes the news about books shipping early an April Fool in retrospect.

Also how could the release of PSB Literally and PSB versus America be brought forward when they came out two previous? What the hell is all that about?
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

Oznerol

#100 Post by Oznerol »

I finally got a "correct" answer (I mean from someone who actually read my mail) about my message asking if they can keep my Annually order on "hold"... waiting to be shipped once the international shippings were working as normal again.
But all they said was:

"Unfortunately we are unable to place a hold on orders.
Once your order is ready to be shipped this will then be shipped out to you.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

I don´t know why it is so difficult to keep a package on waiting for some time until we can be sure that it´ll arrive safe and not to get lost somewhere in the world. I´m almost sure that the international shippings are not arriving at all to my country (Argentina) on this days, so what´s the point to try to send it now anyway??? They prefer a missing package report? Send replacements? or even worst..a refund because the item is no longer available???
Really..a nonsense response for this unusual times...
This is not my signature.

Hillbilly

#101 Post by Hillbilly »

Has it been said when this album will be released on streaming services like Spotify etc? The previous Annually CDs have been digitally available, so I expect this one to be as well!

Bounce

#102 Post by Bounce »

Thanks to Admin for approving my first post.

Unsurprisingly, I've still not received a reply from 'Pet Shop Boys Customer Services' aka Digital Stores. I was going to call them on the number somebody provided earlier in this thread, but then I saw that it's a 'service number' - so forget that!

Just checked the main site and the store: still no update on the former, and still saying 9th/17th April on the latter (depending on where on the product page you look).

I've ordered from the shop a few times before (e.g. last year's 'Annually' and the 2CD edition of 'Hotspot' with signed print) with no issues (saying that, they could have packaged the prints more securely, but thankfully they weren't damaged), but in this case the ambiguous/contradictory release information, the absence of updates (factually correct ones, at least), and - arguably worst of all - the abysmal level of customer service, have all left me distictly unimpressed. I'm certain that Neil and/or Chris would have some choice words for the webmaster and the customer service department if they were aware of this fiasco. I like to think so, anyway, even though I know it wouldn't exactly be at the top of their to-do list...

Obviously, if an item you want is exclusive to the shop (as in this case), you have no choice in the matter, except maybe to wait and hope that it turns up on eBay or wherever (probably in 'used' condition), usually paying more than the original cost and having to compete with other interested parties. I'm pretty sure that's not a viable option for most of us, so they've got us over the proverbial barrel. But if this situation is indicative of Digital Stores' competence and commitment to customer satisfaction, then I for one would much rather do my S.H.O.P.P.I.N.G. elsewhere (sorry! And I was doing so well up 'til then!).

Apologies for blathering on. Perhaps Trustpilot would be a more appropriate place to voice my criticisms (to counter the 3% Excellent / 3% Great reviews).

As a postcript, I'll expose myself to ridicule and admit that I was laughably naive about the PSB shop/Digital Stores until quite recently; I assumed that the PSB shop was just what the name suggested- a PSB-exclusive operation, manned (non-gender-specific personned?) by a team dedicated entirely to selling PSB items and nothing else. I really didn't have a clue! Now that I have a wider perspective, knowing that Digital Stores is a part of Universal Music Group, things make more sense - kind of. What I mean is that the abovementioned issues are all in keeping with the majority of my experiences dealing with large, faceless corporate departments - not that those issues are any more forgivable or understandable because of it, but it does seem to be the way of the world.

Only a day to go now until we should be getting that email!

Future Lover

#103 Post by Future Lover »

Finally shipped.
Also, the soundtrack isn't out in New Zealand, so it's not gonna be released this week.

Integralist

#104 Post by Integralist »

Just got the dispatch email from the PSB store.

PSB-90

#105 Post by PSB-90 »

I haven't :grumble: