Annually 2020 + Free CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
retrofuturist

Re: Annually 2020 + Free CD

#346 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings,

Hmmm... I Don't Wanna arrived today, even though it was dispatched AFTER Annually... which still isn't here.

Annually always turns out to be such an ordeal for me lol.

Retro. :)

Andie

#347 Post by Andie »

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu 21 May 2020, 6:24 am
Greetings,

Hmmm... I Don't Wanna arrived today, even though it was dispatched AFTER Annually... which still isn't here.

Annually always turns out to be such an ordeal for me lol.

That's a bit strange Retro, my Annually arrived on the 13th, which I posted here. You'd think as we're both in Melbourne that they'd arrive on the same day, pretty much. You must be jinxed with it.
My I don't wanna arrived today, same as yours.
Don’t be scared, for only the dark can show you the stars

psbnyc

#348 Post by psbnyc »

lucienchardon wrote:
Wed 20 May 2020, 4:35 pm
I got the two books limited edition combo yesterday, about six weeks after it was dispatched. I'm still waiting for Annually but remain hopeful it will show up.
Glad to hear the books finally made it to you! I am also still waiting here in Manhattan for Annually, and the latest update from PostNL was May 12 when it said “arrived in country of destination”... assuming that means it is now here in the US :-)

I keep my fingers crossed that I will receive it by the end of this week - otherwise I may order a new copy and have it delivered by courier....

Gabby

#349 Post by Gabby »

Still no Annually or "I Don't Wanna" CD/Vinyl here in SW Ontario. *sigh*

:pray:

alternativeformat

#350 Post by alternativeformat »

It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one in North America still awaiting Annually and especially the Launderette CD.

Did anyone else get an undescriptive email some weeks back from USPS with a tracking number reporting that a label had been created and it was awaiting the actual package? A tracking number beginning "RI" and ending "NL"?

I kept checking it in the intervening weeks but it was dormant until yesterday morning when it reported activity at the West Fargo distribution center. It's in transit now to Final Destination. Not clear why it would go to North Dakota to get to the East Coast, but weird times.

Is it too much to hope it is indeed my Fan Club package? I hope it does justify hope for me and the rest of us "waiters". The three-day weekend here in the US is likely to draw out the reveal.

Will be so cool to get a new PSB mini-album in the same year as Hotspot. I love "No boundaries" so much.

-Jonathan

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

psbnyc

#351 Post by psbnyc »

alternativeformat wrote:
Fri 22 May 2020, 4:18 pm
It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one in North America still awaiting Annually and especially the Launderette CD.

Did anyone else get an undescriptive email some weeks back from USPS with a tracking number reporting that a label had been created and it was awaiting the actual package? A tracking number beginning "RI" and ending "NL"?

I kept checking it in the intervening weeks but it was dormant until yesterday morning when it reported activity at the West Fargo distribution center. It's in transit now to Final Destination. Not clear why it would go to North Dakota to get to the East Coast, but weird times.

Is it too much to hope it is indeed my Fan Club package? I hope it does justify hope for me and the rest of us "waiters". The three-day weekend here in the US is likely to draw out the reveal.

Will be so cool to get a new PSB mini-album in the same year as Hotspot. I love "No boundaries" so much.

-Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I did not get the USPS email but one from PostNl with a similar tracking number. But still no news beyond "arrived in country of destination" on May 12..... I'm getting very impatient!

df118junkie

#352 Post by df118junkie »

Just to give you hope, the RIxxxxNL package that never showed as ever leaving the Netherlands...turned up today in South of LA. Maybe someone just couldn't be bothered to scan it.

bongsteve

#353 Post by bongsteve »

Feel free to delete if not allowed...

Has anyone or would anyone be willing to scan in the making of sections of annually covering Super and Electric (and others if available)? I found the Hotspot one fascinating and would love to read about the other albums. If not, no worries...thought it was worth the ask.

bongsteve

#354 Post by bongsteve »

df118junkie wrote:
Sun 24 May 2020, 4:35 am
Just to give you hope, the RIxxxxNL package that never showed as ever leaving the Netherlands...turned up today in South of LA. Maybe someone just couldn't be bothered to scan it.
Mine never got scanned until the day it was being delivered by USPS.

alternativeformat

#355 Post by alternativeformat »

bongsteve wrote:
df118junkie wrote:
bongsteve wrote:
df118junkie wrote:
The irony is that if the website had allowed me when I tried after lockdown to change the shipping address to my billing address, I think it'd be in my possession, too: Tracking shows it was "Delivered" yesterday afternoon to my package receiving service... which isn't open Saturdays starting in May. Based on past experience, I should see it on Tuesday, after the Monday holiday.

I suppose I might've been able to email petshopboys.co.uk directly about the address but decided to leave well enough alone. Just a bit taunting the thing had to choose the least optimal day for an attempted landing. Oh well.

But thanks for the confirmation that this RIxxxxNL package is indeed what I've been hoping! Glad it sounds like people all over the continent are getting this little parachute drop now! It will sweeten the resumption of the workweek for me.

Gabby

#356 Post by Gabby »

Yay! Annually arrived today! Dispatch date was Apr 17.
:dance:

No "I Dont Wanna" order yetbut that dispatched Apr 23 so there's still some hope... :pray:

retrofuturist

#357 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Gabby,
Gabby wrote:
Tue 26 May 2020, 11:38 pm

No "I Dont Wanna" order yetbut that dispatched Apr 23 so there's still some hope... :pray:
Thank you and congratulations. I need that hope!

Given the frustration of delivery failures with last year's Annually, it's not the thing that I want to go missing!

Where are you located? (Memory says Darwin, but that may be my imagination).

Thanks!

Gabby

#358 Post by Gabby »

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020, 12:22 am
Greetings Gabby,
Gabby wrote:
Tue 26 May 2020, 11:38 pm

Thank you and congratulations. I need that hope!

Given the frustration of delivery failures with last year's Annually, it's not the thing that I want to go missing!

Where are you located? (Memory says Darwin, but that may be my imagination).

Thanks!

No, I'm in Canada, SW Ontario to be more precise...its a fairly big place I guess! :D

Good luck, and glad to offer a glimmer of hope nonetheless.

retrofuturist

#359 Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Gabby,
Gabby wrote:
Wed 27 May 2020, 3:15 am
No, I'm in Canada, SW Ontario to be more precise...its a fairly big place I guess! :D

Good luck, and glad to offer a glimmer of hope nonetheless.
Thanks! Both of us having the common experience of receiving I Don't Wanna first does suggest at least that it may have been a delay earlier in the delivery chain...

psbnyc

#360 Post by psbnyc »

Finally received my copy today here on the Upper West Side of Manhattan - so happy! It only took 40 days to get here...... Can’t wait to read it (am already listening to the cd)!