Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

romy

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#16 Post by romy » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 8:45 am

If they don`t cancel the ESC in Rotterdam,with visitors from all countries in the world,they don`t cancel the Dreamwold Tour.

One of the crowd

#17 Post by One of the crowd » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:49 pm

tottenhammattspurs wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:50 am
Patrick Bateman wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:09 am
I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.
E Vapor8 !!!!
They should do a new track

Isol-8
Fishing

Old Soak

#18 Post by Old Soak » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 1:49 pm

No. Go to the shops, work in an office environment, have a hospital appointment, or simply walk down the street you are potentially exposed. Short of locking yourself away for the next six months until they find a cure and putting life on hold then . BBC puts the chances at 1% of people catching it will die, adjusted for elderly or weaker people who are more likely victims, if you are reasonably fit the chance is 0.5%. Yet smoking is responsible for almost 6 million deaths each year amongst the 1.1 billion of the world who still smoke, a 0.54% chance. Where's the panic over that?
And at the end/ Your funny Uncle staring / At all your friends / With military bearing

alig

#19 Post by alig » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:45 pm

The more events get cancelled, the more people are gonna panic which is gonna be worse than the actual flu. If they start quarantining everybody who has the virus, the entire infrastructure is bound to collapse. So far, no politician has told us ho on earth they're gonna take care of millions of people under quarantine. We're gonna have to get on with it just like with the flu.
"John 3:16."

daveid

#20 Post by daveid » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:54 pm

Quite frankly this thread is just adding to the obsessive panic about this virus and making a serious situation far far worse. There are however far more avoidable deaths occurring either directly or indirectly from things like car accidents, pollution, depression and the f****** Tories.

tottenhammattspurs

#21 Post by tottenhammattspurs » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm

Whenever I hear "Covid-19" I say it it the style of "Come On Eileen". Now I can't unheard it!
is is and isnt isnt

Parkol

#22 Post by Parkol » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 5:14 pm

First of all. No one knows the real situation. 100 000 people infected. To be honest, I don't care about concerts, matches, trips.
First thing - you must protect your family and yourself. It's better to stay home this year. I read that the worst things would happen this autumn... It's better to be protected, guys.

Undertaker

#23 Post by Undertaker » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 6:10 pm

Isnt it just another Flu? That kills thousands every year. Its never in the news.

Surely a fair few had already contracted it before it became massive news. Those that have had the Flu already this winter could have easily had Corona. How would you know?

Future Lover

#24 Post by Future Lover » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 6:21 pm

Some of you really need a course on informing oneself. The flu symptoms themselves aren't the problem, it's the fact that the virus could have consequences which we don't know about, since it's novel. Even the mostly harmless EBV, which most people have, randomly causes mono and Hodgkin's lymphoma. Plus the fact that the mortality rate is approx. 20 times greater than with the regular flu, mostly affecting seniors.

Synthrobot

#25 Post by Synthrobot » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 7:22 pm

Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:50 am
Patrick Bateman wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 12:09 am
I'd just bought tickets for an Altern 8 gig too. Double whammy.
E Vapor8 !!!!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE PSB, but Altern-8 in concert!!!!! Hell yeah! Hope it still goes ahead.
Shame I live in Dorset and really can't go all that way.

I'm quite relaxed about the virus, I'm going to carry on living my life as normal, I'm not in a high risk group.

MikeyC

#26 Post by MikeyC » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 7:45 pm

Fri 06 Mar 2020, 5:09 pm
Whenever I hear "Covid-19" I say it it the style of "Come On Eileen". Now I can't unheard it!
Ok that sure made me smile!! Thank you!! :D

alig

#27 Post by alig » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 11:41 pm

Future Lover wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 6:21 pm
Some of you really need a course on informing oneself. The flu symptoms themselves aren't the problem, it's the fact that the virus could have consequences which we don't know about, since it's novel. Even the mostly harmless EBV, which most people have, randomly causes mono and Hodgkin's lymphoma. Plus the fact that the mortality rate is approx. 20 times greater than with the regular flu, mostly affecting seniors.
The worse consequence would arise from shutting down entire countries which would lead to the collapse of the entire infrastructure which in turn would entail mayhem and even more deaths than from the virus. There would be shortages of food and medicine, shortage of doctors and cops, shortage of people working at water supplies and power plants.
Not to mention the collapse of the world economy.
The only reasonable thing to do is to get on with our lives and stop cancelling events because this fuels the panic mode and people's irrational fear. There is no way we can contain the virus.
"John 3:16."

PSB-90

#28 Post by PSB-90 » Fri 06 Mar 2020, 11:46 pm

daveid wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 4:54 pm
Quite frankly this thread is just adding to the obsessive panic about this virus and making a serious situation far far worse. There are however far more avoidable deaths occurring either directly or indirectly from things like car accidents, pollution, depression and the f****** Tories.
:clap: Particularly the last bit. Bastards.

Greendrake

#29 Post by Greendrake » Sat 07 Mar 2020, 1:57 am

Undertaker wrote:
Fri 06 Mar 2020, 6:10 pm
Isnt it just another Flu? That kills thousands every year. Its never in the news.
For regular flu scientists find vaccine reasonably easily which can tackle massive spread. Now they struggle to find one for this bugger.

The tour kicks off in 7 weeks from now. The situation may rapidly develop in different ways in different places. I don't think PSB will put themselves in the position to decide cancellations themselves — that call will be on the tour locations' authorities. Case by case.

Young Offender

#30 Post by Young Offender » Sat 07 Mar 2020, 6:27 am

The South by Southwest SXSW festival in Texas was cancelled today.

From what I read the Promoters will only cancel an event if the local city authorities cancel events this way the promoters will not be responsible to pay the Artist fee's, otherwise they will have to pay the Artist.