Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

Nickname

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#196 Post by Nickname »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Sat 21 Mar 2020, 9:58 am
Nickname wrote: Fri 20 Mar 2020, 11:31 pm The best PSB's song for these days it Home and Dry.
:eh:
Just the tittle. :P

NotInvisible

#197 Post by NotInvisible »

alig wrote: Sat 21 Mar 2020, 6:36 pm20000 have died from the flu in the US this winter alone. That's 10 percent of those tested positive for the flu.
The US mortality rate for the flu is 0.1% The coronavirus is at least ten times as lethal.

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronav ... h-flu.html

Someone get this idiot out of here, he's an embarrassment to the species, let alone the forum.

glennjridge

#198 Post by glennjridge »

My advice to you types, is to shut off the news. you dont have the right disposition for discussion of these type of things. you have a easily panicked mind.

from HIV to this, there is a certain group that just thinks the world is over. we've dealt with you types before,shotgunning links over stats from HIV rates per country and declaring sex as we know it is over, and any new disease that comes down the line such is this.

like everything else, this will be over, and as it still is, the majority of the people who get this, recover from it.
I will say one good thing that might come from this, I bet alot of young people might want to start rethinking smoking and vaping.

you want to bring up that its not only just the elderly having problems?....well smokers it seems are having a more difficult time with covid-19, thats turning out to be the case as to why some younger than 65 are having issues. I guess we will see how serious our smokers,vapers and tokers think about things now.

ZiggyPSB

#199 Post by ZiggyPSB »

This isn’t a problem that effects smokers. Christ. Underlying health issues is not caused just by smoking. I’m living with my parents who are both around 70 yo and diabetic among other issues. Someone has to go out amongst the panic buying public and that is my dad since he is the only one who can drive. My brother is one of those who still has to work so that’s two out of four who is exposed to some potentially common sense-lacking members of the public.
I'm a proud sycophant because I like Wedding in Berlin
http://www.last.fm/user/FFancy24
Dublin 19/06/2011, Manchester 20/06/2013, Edinburgh 31/12/2013, London 23/07/2014, London 23/07/2016, London 02/04/2017

glennjridge

#201 Post by glennjridge »

ZiggyPSB wrote: Sat 21 Mar 2020, 8:21 pm This isn’t a problem that effects smokers. Christ. Underlying health issues is not caused just by smoking. I’m living with my parents who are both around 70 yo and diabetic among other issues. Someone has to go out amongst the panic buying public and that is my dad since he is the only one who can drive. My brother is one of those who still has to work so that’s two out of four who is exposed to some potentially common sense-lacking members of the public.
Of course this isnt "a smokers" virus. slow down.... READ. I am telling you they are finding that smokers are having a tougher time getting over this virus due to the effects smoking has on the lungs. its not hard to believe smokers..can have a tie in regarding underlying issues if they are heavy smokers along with the elderly and/or people with underlying issues. https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/20/health/c ... index.html
this is why they are finding younger than 65 year olds having issues with this virus.

in any case I am going to bow out of this particular thread. its not healthy on top of the virus for everyone to have a panic party contest with links flying around for this or that.
stay safe and I am sure everyone here will be fine when this is over.

trafaelwyr

#202 Post by trafaelwyr »

Ok, trying to steer this thread back on topic, but...I read an interesting thread over on the Steve Hoffman forum about bands doing live streams of concerts / performances. Read here:

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... gs.940517/

Do you think Neil would do this? I mean, he can play the guitar, so what's to stop him from doing a few songs without Chris?

Greendrake

#203 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ype

#204 Post by ype »

The Dutch concert will definitely not be happening. There's a lockdown of sorts till June 1st.

oakey

#205 Post by oakey »

Same in Germany. Hope to get my money back...

leesmapman

#206 Post by leesmapman »

ype wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:49 pm The Dutch concert will definitely not be happening. There's a lockdown of sorts till June 1st.
I'm afraid so :-( Shame, me and my girlfriend were going, to celebrate our anniversary that day... Guess we'll have to put on a DVD/BR, but I don't know if she's ready for It Couldn't Happen Here. I'm not even sure I'm ready for that.
oakey wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020, 8:59 pm Same in Germany. Hope to get my money back...
I think you can get your money back:
https://www.consumentenbond.nl/juridisc ... t-afgelast

Markpro

#207 Post by Markpro »

I am under 50, no health issues and relatively fit, i work as a manager in my local authority helping homeless families into hostels and flats, my job is essential or people would be sleeping on the streets, my wife works in a pharmacy and also has to work through this. We have now had to self-isolate as i have developed the symptoms and feeling worse by the hour. So spare me the garbage that this is just a flu and old people die everyday, i now have to stay at home and hopefully get back to work as soon as i can to help those in need as does my wife.
The people not taking this seriously are very much part of the problem, i would go even further and have the army on the streets to enforce the lockdown... rant over
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Marie loves PSB

#208 Post by Marie loves PSB »

jasonjohn wrote: Fri 20 Mar 2020, 12:37 pm just wish so many people were not going to the pub and beach!
This makes me laugh about the beach - kids here playing out etc.. We were close to running out of food, essentials and money. There is only just mum and I here and nearly everywhere we went today someone has had a go at us for "being there!". We haven't got family and friend's nearby so you have no choice. :down:

Marie loves PSB

#209 Post by Marie loves PSB »

Markpro wrote: Mon 23 Mar 2020, 10:08 pm I am under 50, no health issues and relatively fit, i work as a manager in my local authority helping homeless families into hostels and flats, my job is essential or people would be sleeping on the streets, my wife works in a pharmacy and also has to work through this. We have now had to self-isolate as i have developed the symptoms and feeling worse by the hour. So spare me the garbage that this is just a flu and old people die everyday, i now have to stay at home and hopefully get back to work as soon as i can to help those in need as does my wife.
The people not taking this seriously are very much part of the problem, i would go even further and have the army on the streets to enforce the lockdown... rant over
Sorry, to read this Markpro. I hope it isn't and that you feel much better soon. :)

ELPAYOBUENO

#210 Post by ELPAYOBUENO »

They were performing in Mallorca Spain in a festival in may, the festival is now postponed until october the 10th.
So I guest we can asume most of the shows will be moved back.