Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

jasonjohn

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#212 Post by jasonjohn » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 12:00 pm

I guess this thread is quiet because certain things have become hauntingly clear now?

leesmapman

#213 Post by leesmapman » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 1:10 pm

Yeah, but PSB haven't officially cancelled dates yet, except for Glastonbury. I do expect the Dutch date to be cancelled though.

psbfannyc

#214 Post by psbfannyc » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 1:24 pm

jasonjohn wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020, 12:00 pm
I guess this thread is quiet because certain things have become hauntingly clear now?
I noticed that they completely removed the "by tickets now" links on 23 March 2020 per each date from 1 May, 2020 to before the start of the alleged New Pet Order Shop Boys Tour:

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/tour

Spittingcat

#215 Post by Spittingcat » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 1:54 pm

I suspect that contracts mean that venues need to make the call in some cases.

glennjridge

#216 Post by glennjridge » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:10 pm

jasonjohn wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020, 12:00 pm
Whats becoming hauntingly clear is that you are panicking. People are fed up talking about it thats whats going on here. People by and large who get this and arent elderly and have underlying issues, get over it. If that werent the case all the officials would be wearing level 6 hazmat suits. But they arent. Because they know unlike you, this is something the majority get over.

Look at the population of europe or even Italy. It should be clear the majority of people arent going to even get this

Cripes sake Tom Hanks got over it. My advice is stop freaking yourself and others out. You find out who is who in things like this. theres just no helping people who can only see the end.
Last edited by glennjridge on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

euroboy

Re: ¿Crees que EL PSB debería posponer la gira DREAMWORLD debido a la continuación de covid-19?

#217 Post by euroboy » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:15 pm

leesmapman wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020, 1:10 pm
Yeah, but PSB haven't officially cancelled dates yet, except for Glastonbury. I do expect the Dutch date to be cancelled though.
I am Spanish and have tickets to Mercedes-Benz Arena on May 1. I was very excited to go and see them and it's going to hurt enormously, but very much to my regret, I'm waiting for them to postpone the concert. I hope they postpone it and don't cancel it so they can go on another date quietly and these fears and be able to enjoy it as it deserves.

Patrick Bateman

#218 Post by Patrick Bateman » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:16 pm

glennjridge wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:10 pm
Cripes sake Tom Hanks got over it. My advice is stop freaking yourself and others out. You find out who is who in things like this. theres just no helping people who can only see the end.
Tom Hanks did have invaluable experience of fighting killer viruses and living in self-isolation though.

jasonjohn

#219 Post by jasonjohn » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:59 pm

glennjridge wrote:
Whats becoming hauntingly clear is that you are panicking. People are fed up talking about it thats whats going on here. People by and large who get this and arent elderly and have underlying issues, get over it.
Nope, not panicking. But not in complete and utter denial either.

Trump is spending a whopping two trillion for something that will be over by Easter, apparently.

canveyboy

#220 Post by canveyboy » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 5:59 pm

The thing that’s got a lot more worrying is a lot more younger people dying from this. A poor 21yo girl died recently with absolutely no underlying health problems. That’s what troubles me. I’m 48 and if a healthy 21yo can die from it then there’s no reason I couldn’t die from it. I guess it’s just down to luck. All we can do is do what we’re told and hope for the best!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

glennjridge

#221 Post by glennjridge » Thu 26 Mar 2020, 8:33 pm

The start of the end game for this, is I suspect they fairly soon find some medicines that will have the ability to knock out the viruses ability to fully attack the respiratory system. Thats the main issue with this virus.this is the krux of the problem for the elderly and those with underlying issues. These scientists are working nonstop and they will get at least that part probably sooner rather than later. And then further down the road a vaccine.

that has always been one of the downsides when one is elderly. all the systems of the body are far more susceptible to even the regular flu/pneumonia let alone something like this.

Yes, there will be exceptions to the rule,dont focus on exceptions within huge pool of humans. once again, its clear if you are healthy and dont have underlying issues, this is something you will ride out if you even get it at all which you probably wont.

Just follow the orders to avoid others In this time, stay home and you wont have to worry about getting it. and in good time it will be if you do get it,you won’t suffer from the worst of it due to new medicines they will find that works.

jasonjohn

#222 Post by jasonjohn » Fri 27 Mar 2020, 1:46 am

You keep talking about the elderly in a weird way

It is clogging up hospitals in advanced countries and that is pretty goddam serious for everyone.

Somewhere between 10-20% of people get a severe flu that needs medical attention. Athletes are reporting being hugely overwhelmed by the virus.

Agree majority of folks will have the virus pass over them without issue, but the side effects are growing. And it's still early days. China seems to be celebrating way too early, and we haven't seen long term effects (lung damage seems not uncommon) and so far there are two strains in a short period of time -- will there be seasonal and regional strains coming at us after this first 6 months?

But yeah, science and medicine will undoubtably push this down, with some luck. Just need Bojo and Drumph to refer to actual experts rather than spinning off the top of their heads.

Stay well everyone :pray:

Gabby

#223 Post by Gabby » Fri 27 Mar 2020, 3:18 am

jasonjohn wrote:
Thu 26 Mar 2020, 2:59 pm
glennjridge wrote:
Whats becoming hauntingly clear is that you are panicking. People are fed up talking about it thats whats going on here. People by and large who get this and arent elderly and have underlying issues, get over it.
Nope, not panicking. But not in complete and utter denial either.

Trump is spending a whopping two trillion for something that will be over by Easter, apparently.
Anyone who believes the Trumpster now is delusional. Just look at Europe, or even those Asian countries that are actually successfully suppressing the virus cases enough to cope. They've been dealing with this for weeks already and the US is behind this curve by two to three weeks. By Easter they will be in an unmitigated mess, thus proving, yet again, they voted in a complete moron. There's only so many times the great American voters can bang their heads against the brick wall and claim it doesn't hurt.

alig

#224 Post by alig » Fri 27 Mar 2020, 11:53 am

There is so much colllateral damage that's gonna cost more lives than this flu virus that according to the latest report from the New England Medical journal is no more dangerous than the influenza. Don't tell me you're concerned about the elderly. They already are dying due to lack of medical staff thanks to the lockdown amd thanks to the isolation from their family. And the ensuing numbers of unemployment are gonna cause many more deaths.
You wanna see what has been going on in Italy with lung diseass all those years?

https://image.jimcdn.com/app/cms/image/ ... 9ERrhah9Bw

An article from 2018:
https://milano.corriere.it/notizie/cron ... resh_ce-cp

I'm gobsmacked how many people are willing to give up their basic human rights for a media induced bogeyman!
"John 3:16."

jasonjohn

#225 Post by jasonjohn » Fri 27 Mar 2020, 12:20 pm

17 Italian doctors have died treating people in a matter of weeks.

The 10-20% who get severe symptoms seem to have sustained lung damage.

Recovered people in China seem to be becoming reinfected.

It's very early days for a new virus.