Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.

Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

Yes, it's a risk for everybody. Let's wait a few months
62%
No, I don't think it's necessary
38%

Total votes: 89

jasonjohn

Re: Do you think PSB should postpone the DREAMWORLD tour because of covid-19?

#241 Post by jasonjohn »

I vote to just let to pandemic discussion happen here.

It's a massive thing. Everyone is going through the side effects and many of us will know someone suffering.

Please don't try to censor people discussing it.

psbfannyc

#242 Post by psbfannyc »

actually, there is so much HATE coming from certain "people" posting within this topic...true (future) hate (lover)...please, keep your social distance and your true very intentional HATE away muthufucka

https://www.petshopboys.co.uk/pet-texts ... r-distance

"27 March 2020

Keep your distance
We all need to practise “social distancing” these days. Link below."

https://6feetcovers.wixsite.com/6feetcovers
Attachments
099dfe8b30a4a9dfcbb85745769fac0a.jpg
099dfe8b30a4a9dfcbb85745769fac0a.jpg (93.44 KiB) Viewed 2710 times

glennjridge

#243 Post by glennjridge »

People are seeing the blaring headlines about the amounts infected, and the non stop worst case scenarios the media always put forth and and its scaring the shit out of people who are healthy, and they now all picturing themselves on respirators.to them, every one of those infected is in a hospital room in a coma.

killing themselves mentally pouring over little tidits about any younger person who gets this and dies and pushing this as the rule rather than the exception. if you are under 65 and are healthy without any underlying issues you will ride it out. alig posted info regarding past pandemics. as he said, some of us dont even remember those even though on paper they were far more deadlier. the media has just gone batshit crazy with this one.

where I live on TV they have been parading people who got it and recovered. people saying they hadnt even known they had it...to those who said it was just a burning throat and coughing fits to people saying it was like a really bad case of the flu...but they recovered.these things help those who are susceptible to fear. the media will always push the worst case scenario. fear sells. "calm down" doesnt.

this is going to sound cold....but alot of us arent elderly. but..someday we will be elderly and we will be at the mercy from anything that comes down the pike. thats just the reality the elderly live thru every year even lacking a pandemic. nobody thinks about the 30,000/65,000 elderly who die every year any other year from everything from the flu to pneumonia. imagine if the media kept putting those up on the TV screen. be thankful thats not you now. the elderly are in fact suffering badly.

my advice to all, if you are so worried about this, the solution is very simple. turn off the TV, stay inside,order your groceries for delivery, and you will not get this. this is the crucial stage right now. these things hit a peak and then drop right down. there is just too many people working on drugs for this and they are going to get it. the media has just been absolutely disgusting with this one.

I think this thread and topic should be locked. we should just take a step back and talk about other things.

jasonjohn

#244 Post by jasonjohn »

glennjridge I get what you are saying. The majority of people will not get symptoms or have mild symptoms.

That's not really the issue, though.

The issue is non-trivial percentage of people need strong medical attention. And developed nations are in many cases within two weeks away from having their hospitals at maximum capacity. That's terrible news for new virus sufferers.... and anyone needing a hospital.

So yeah. At this point most people understand the virus "probably" will not hurt them directly. The focus has turned to how a nation is able to handle the flood.

Also, I'm tired of people talking about the elderly in a weird way. People in their 60s have decades of good years ahead of them.

***** Neil is in a target age of greater risk ***** Please just give up on the whole "economy vs killing off the elderly" vibe.

Also, God* help the third world countries.

* I'm not religious but worth a try.
Last edited by jasonjohn on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

jasonjohn

#245 Post by jasonjohn »

Love that album cover psbfannyc

I'm sure Neil and Chris will be chuffed to be included

Maybe it's a sneeze instead of a yawn? :shifty:

Future Lover

#246 Post by Future Lover »

To explain myself... Note how a mention of Boris Johnson turned into a page of personal attacks at me. So yeah, I apologize for steering the topic away, and honestly apologize to everyone hurt for wishing their team captain/fantasy lover/slave master ill health to teach him something. I didn't call anyone vile, unwashed or even sub-human, as one person subtly did.

If you're religious, surely that was a waking call from God, and this is saying "NO ONE IS SAFE. NOT EVEN YOU, BIG BAD MACHO BOY. Do something, save your people". Another sign from God is the fact that a certified unwashed leftie, Till Lindemann, doesn't actually have it, as per Rammstein's official channels.

Social distancing? Doing that already in my respective country. Very far from the UK, much fewer cases too. We'll be fine. Staying home for an entire week, doing only groceries. Thanks for telling me to stay away, but I'm not going anywhere from this forum. Trying to use the hide function, but unsuccessfully.

The tour, though? Cancelled for sure.

leesmapman

#247 Post by leesmapman »

A friend of mine contacted Mojo Nederland. The Dutch concert will be postponed until a later, unknonwn, date.

raggatwin

#248 Post by raggatwin »

Don't try and challenge the prevailing hegemony here....
Hello my name is Neil Tennant and I'm Chris Lowe and we're of the Pet Shop Boys.

Marie loves PSB

#249 Post by Marie loves PSB »

jasonjohn wrote:
Fri 27 Mar 2020, 11:46 pm
I vote to just let to pandemic discussion happen here.

It's a massive thing. Everyone is going through the side effects and many of us will know someone suffering.

Please don't try to censor people discussing it.
jasonjohn - I made a topic on the general part of this forum about this Virus last week (I think it was) please feel free to post on there. Best wishes all! :)

glennjridge

#250 Post by glennjridge »

jasonjohn wrote:
Sat 28 Mar 2020, 1:35 am
glennjridge I get what you are saying. The majority of people will not get symptoms or have mild symptoms.

That's not really the issue, though.

The issue is non-trivial percentage of people need strong medical attention. And developed nations are in many cases within two weeks away from having their hospitals at maximum capacity. That's terrible news for new virus sufferers.... and anyone needing a hospital.

So yeah. At this point most people understand the virus "probably" will not hurt them directly. The focus has turned to how a nation is able to handle the flood.

Also, I'm tired of people talking about the elderly in a weird way. People in their 60s have decades of good years ahead of them.

***** Neil is in a target age of greater risk ***** Please just give up on the whole "economy vs killing off the elderly" vibe.

Also, God* help the third world countries.

* I'm not religious but worth a try.
Yeah I get that, in america we have some states with alot of dense population.NY, california, New orleans etc etc its going to get CRAZY as the cases climb and hospitals get overwhelmed before the inevitable drop off. but this is whats been put on our plate now. we are just going to have to do our best and ride this situation out and count the cost after. in any situation like this I feel blessed to have faith.
to believe that whatever happens to our bodies in this life,there is a safety net after. we are more than our bodies. but thats just my belief, stay safe.

wieske

#251 Post by wieske »

I don't understand it why it take that long for PSB to communicate about what will happen with the tour. Look at an artist as for example Dua Lipa. She was ready to go on world tour, almost at the same time of PSB. She did an official announcement and postponed all her dates.

I really hope to get some news about the Dreamworld tour that soon..
Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

wieske

#252 Post by wieske »

I don't understand it why it take that long for PSB to communicate about what will happen with the tour. Look at an artist as for example Dua Lipa. She was ready to go on world tour, almost at the same time of PSB. She did an official announcement and postponed all her dates.

Don't give me all your northern pain
Don't sell me New York in the rain
Let's leave our promises behind
Rewind and try again

PETHEAD72

#253 Post by PETHEAD72 »

wieske wrote:
Mon 30 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm

Exactly what i've been thinking for the last week,this situation is not going to just disappear,it will be a long time before we will have any sense of normality again.
You got a heart of glass or a heart of stone?

Oi!...got far to go have you?!... :lol:

NotInvisible

#254 Post by NotInvisible »

glennjridge wrote:
Sun 29 Mar 2020, 2:45 am
in any situation like this I feel blessed to have faith.
Too bad God didn't bother to save the poor souls dying of COVID-19 though...

Gabby

#255 Post by Gabby »

I'd say it's fairly inevitable that the whole Dreamworld tour will be cancelled or postponed. I reckon even the North American New Order tour hangs in the balance too.

I reckon the silence is more about getting their ducks in a row to make one single announcement (new dates maybe) rather than release information in dribs and drabs. If you announce one cancelled show, you start a whole avalanche of questions about the others from concert goers, and if it were me, I'd want to minimise that as much as I could by having a clear plan for all of it to put in a press release.