It's alright

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
daveid

It's alright

#1 Post by daveid »

I wouldn't normally suggest this kind of thing but wouldn't it be great if the Pets released a new version of It's alright? Having seen Chris's video, I reckon a lot of that would sound great in a new arrangement. Maybe they could just release it digitally. OK, it's a bit of a cash-in on tragedy but maybe all proceeds could go to charrridy to help those suffering. Would love for something like this to "drop" as the kids say. If Bob Dylan can do it so can they :wink:

telys

Re: It's alright

#2 Post by telys »

Certainly a good idea, with updated lyrics.
----
You've got me all wrong

glennjridge

#3 Post by glennjridge »

Thats a GREAT idea. so PERFECT! even if they just did it to uplift people's spirits and just posted it on their media. that would be so much better than watching some celebrities singing imagine. "imagine theres no heaven?" as if thats a message to put out there at this point. they are just so out of touch. anyways thats a fantastic idea!

ChoonHound

#4 Post by ChoonHound »

I’ve been thinking about this myself and then wondering about the publishing rights (I assume they don’t own them) and further wondering if this makes it less likely.

I mean, what’s the point of cashing in on a global crisis if there’s no cash to be had?
I sincerely *love* Disco 2 and listen to it straight through regularly.

DJAMIX

#5 Post by DJAMIX »

It's alright was the new "We are the world" from that record USA for Africa. So it's time for one more.
One can't find the way to peace. Peace is the way itself. (Gandhi)

Gabby

#6 Post by Gabby »

I'd definitely support this if the publishing rights allowed PSB to do this. Presumably they'd need permission though especially if proceeds were for charity since it's not their song to start with.

Given their recent surge in popularity this could be a good thing to look into anyway. If nothing comes of it then no worries, but it has to be worth considering.

Sage

#7 Post by Sage »

virus spreading at a desperate pace..
there's people dying, and nations falling from grace..
we're all under pressure on the brink of extinction...
I hope it's gonna be all right.

Could make some lyrics about the doctors and politicians.
What we're going through with the uncertainty and change of life. There's plenty of material.
Luke Colorado wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020, 4:50 am I mean, what’s the point of cashing in on a global crisis if there’s no cash to be had?
It'd be good publicity, charity donations would be nice,and it would be something to do. A nice gesture.
I can't say whether they'd already have full publishing rights, but they're reissued the song and have played it live recently.
If they don't have the rights, they can get them.

Patrick Bateman

#8 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Please God, no. Although they have abandoned many of their original principles, don't let them turn into Bono.

telys

#9 Post by telys »

Patrick Bateman wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020, 7:08 am Please God, no. Although they have abandoned many of their original principles, don't let them turn into Bono.
Nothing wrong with Bono. If you have issues with him having opinions and uttering them you clearly don't know anything about what U2 are and always were.
----
You've got me all wrong

TallThinMan

#10 Post by TallThinMan »

I don’t think it’s a good idea. Aside from being the sort of thing they’ve criticised other groups for in the past, they’ve always been about looking forwards rather than backwards.
Last edited by TallThinMan on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Marie loves PSB

#11 Post by Marie loves PSB »

TallThinMan wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020, 12:31 pm I don’t think it’s a good idea. Aside from being the sort of thing they’ve criticising other groups for in the past, they’ve always been about looking forwards rather than backwards.
I agree with TallThinMan. I think perhaps people may think PSB's are taking the mick. :down:

TallThinMan

#12 Post by TallThinMan »

(Clicked quote instead of edit; please delete)
Last edited by TallThinMan on Sun 29 Mar 2020, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

TallThinMan

#13 Post by TallThinMan »

(Clicked quote instead of edit; please delete)

negative_0ne

#14 Post by negative_0ne »

this is a terrible idea.

the original is enough. if you want to hear it.
just listen to that.

stop messing around with the classics.

leave them alone.

later

telys

#15 Post by telys »

negative_0ne wrote: Sun 29 Mar 2020, 11:48 pm this is a terrible idea.

the original is enough. if you want to hear it.
just listen to that.

stop messing around with the classics.

leave them alone.

later
I've changed my mind. Of course PSB should leave It's alright alone.
----
You've got me all wrong