Fundamental Instrumental leaked

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
astrocordoba

Fundamental Instrumental leaked

#1 Post by astrocordoba »

After 15 years, it seems that there is available a copy of the instrumental versions of "Fundamental" . These
versions are amazing. Without the voice of Neil, it is possible to hear a lot of arragements and details in each
song that were hidden so far. I´m very impressed with the production of "Sodoma Show" or "Luna Park", I prefer this instrumental version to the album tracks. The question is why is the reason to put so much effort if a lot of instruments, samplers and "little" sounds cannot be listen in the final version due to the high compression of the sound in the CDs?
I would love they release all the instrumental versions of their albums...

tottenhammattspurs

Re: Fundamental Instrumental leaked

#2 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

[Post removed by forum admin]
is is and isnt isnt

Sage

#3 Post by Sage »

F***, did someone actually leak it?
That's amazing if so.
I remember reading about this album in another thread, apparently the instrumentals were created during the mastering process for Fundamental's Further Listening. So it's not after 15 years, but after 1 or 2.

"I would love they release all the instrumental versions of their albums.."
Better than releasing instrumentals is releasing STEMS.
STEMS would be amazing for fan remixers, and for us fans it'd mean we get to listen to instrumental or acapella. I like both.
Juno download do albums in STEMS format, they released New Order's Complete Music (extended version of Music Complete) in the format.

Edit: I can confirm the leak. It didn't take me long to find it.
Unfortunately like the Electric instrumentals they're in compressed MP3 format. I asked the leaker if they had lossless and they do not. The sound quality is high though.
I'm looking forward to listening to it all through.
Fundamental is one of my lesser favourite albums, this may make me appreciate it a bit more.
Last edited by Sage on Fri 01 May 2020, 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greendrake

#4 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

srpsb

#5 Post by srpsb »

Sage

#6 Post by Sage »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 2:03 pm
Sage wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 1:56 pm apparently the instrumentals were created during the mastering process for Fundamental's Further Listening. So it's not after 15 years, but after 1 or 2.
If that was the case, why only Fundamental then? Because someone close to the leak source was a big fan of it and wanted just it to begin with?
It is a bit boggling.
Original thread is in the collector's page.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35361

NotInvisible

#7 Post by NotInvisible »

Greendrake

#8 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sage

#9 Post by Sage »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 2:44 pm
Sage wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 2:23 pm Original thread is in the collector's page.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35361
Right, but that still doesn't explain why CDRs of the other albums haven't been for sale like that. Because the remaster guys got excited just about Fundamental and burned it only?
Yep, we may never know the answer.
I've noticed with acapella and multitrack leaks, people tend to re-distribute the vocal much more than the rest of the song. For example Minimal is somewhat difficult to find the multi-track for, but the acapella is fairly readily available. So it could be the same type of deal where only what 1 person likes and sees value in ends up being spread around.

Looking at the Fundamental Instrumentals, the waveforms don't quite line up with the real album. I don't get it. Maybe a physical tape was involved, stretching the track duration slightly. Guess I don't know enough about music production.
By the way, I've realised I have an assumption this leak is related to the ebay listing from the other month. It may not be, but I have a feeling it is.

astrocordoba

#10 Post by astrocordoba »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 2:03 pm
Sage wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 1:56 pm apparently the instrumentals were created during the mastering process for Fundamental's Further Listening. So it's not after 15 years, but after 1 or 2.
If that was the case, why only Fundamental then? Because someone close to the leak source was a big fan of it and wanted just it to begin with?
The rumour is that this was the original third disc of the "Further Listening" release of this album. I have also heard that somebody has paid 1600 Euros for the original source. But I cannot confirm it. I agree this should be recent, possibly from the mastering process of this album. It sounds great. There is a lot of samples, instruments, etc...that now I can listen above the "sound wall" of each track. We should ask them for making an official release of this, I think I´ll send them a question for the next "Annually".

scousepsbfan

#11 Post by scousepsbfan »

Fight for love or love to fight......

Spittingcat

#12 Post by Spittingcat »

Exciting! I can’t find it though.

rashomon

#13 Post by rashomon »

Hmm tried the usual places and unable to locate also
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Den

#14 Post by Den »

My guess the leak comes from the recent disc that was listed on eBay.

tottenhammattspurs

#15 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

I’ve looked in the usual places but nada. Any light ?
is is and isnt isnt