Fundamental Instrumental leaked

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Suburban_Boy

Re: Fundamental Instrumental leaked

#31 Post by Suburban_Boy »

astrocordoba wrote: Fri 01 May 2020, 1:11 pm After 15 years, it seems that there is available a copy of the instrumental versions of "Fundamental" .

Tom Angel

#32 Post by Tom Angel »

[Post edited by forum admin] Fundamental is one of my fav albums by PSB

MINIMAL is criminally underrated.
in suits or sequins/or twin sets and pearls

StevePSB
Site Admin

#33 Post by StevePSB »

Can I remind everyone of forum rule 2 and ask you respect it? If not this topic gets locked and people breaking rules will force us to give them a forum holiday.

Thank you.

StevePSB

drunk14

#34 Post by drunk14 »

This is the sound of music. It was a magnificent journey through these instrumental pieces. It proves that Fundamental is much better sonically than anything they have produced since then. And obviously I mean they album music, not many self-produced, throwaway and flat b-sides. Perhaps this is the question of personal taste, but Fundamental sounds like a proper, modern record in 2020 and all that "come-back-to-the-80/90's-stuff-with-Stuart-Price" material, even if bombastic and endlessly energetic, seems to be dated. In a sense, they didn't develop as artist in their post-Fundamental music regardless plenty of positive components present latest records. Perhaps this is why many people lost their patience and are so negative about Super or Hotspot. They definitely need a fresh and contemporary sound.
I've been around the world for a number of reasons. I've seen it all the change of seasons, and I, my lord, may I say nothing?

Greendrake

#35 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disco.

#36 Post by Disco. »

😀

He is clearly delusional.

NikacP0kac

#37 Post by NikacP0kac »

These instrumentals make me appreciate I'm With Stupid a lot more - sounds much more sophisticated in instrumental guise.

The opening notes of Integral are also very surprising, don't know why but I didn't expect them to be so...weak? That vocal intro is integral (pun-intended, haha).
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

TallThinMan

#38 Post by TallThinMan »

I’m With Stupid has legitimately been available as an instrumental for years.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

Greendrake

#39 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".

Greendrake

#41 Post by Greendrake »

Den

#42 Post by Den »

Looking at the waves of the tracks in Logic, the instrumentals match the 2017 remaster more than the 2006 release.

Sage

#43 Post by Sage »

Really a lovely experience to listen to the album. OP isn't kidding there are a lot of details that go missing in the final mix with vocals.
Maybe we still hear them, but it's more unconscious and for the purpose of adding texture to the sound.
By the way I checked my private messages.
Greendrake wrote: Mon 04 May 2020, 7:11 am
It even is now! Qobuz rulez, cheerz :dance:
You can also use Tidal for lossless digital tracks. It has I'm With Stupid in instrumental as well as tracks like the iTunes bonuses.

Greendrake

#44 Post by Greendrake »

greenmile

#45 Post by greenmile »

Greendrake wrote: Mon 04 May 2020, 1:55 pm
Sage wrote: Mon 04 May 2020, 1:40 pm You can also use Tidal for lossless digital tracks.
Is that streaming only? I.e. I have to use tricks & third-party smart-ass tools to get the files downloaded? No, I hate this kind of shit. If I pay for music a copy must be delivered for my ownership.
Qobuz allows you to download tracks when you buy them. That's were I usually buy any of the PSB's digital only singles.