Odds that Chris/Neil read this forum?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
verbow79

Odds that Chris/Neil read this forum?

#1 Post by verbow79 »

I put @ 20%. I haven't read evidence in interviews that referenced the forum....but I still think Chris might casually check here infrequently. Neil seems like he'd be more heavily into Facebook, Instagram, etc while Chris doesn't seem like the type to care and would venture off the social media path to read feedback.

If you're reading Chris.....please release a proper version of It's Not Unusual. Glad All Over and New Boy were lesser versions of songs that got proper versions, so hoping that it's on the future radar somewhere :clap:

rashomon

Re: Odds that Chris/Neil read this forum?

#3 Post by rashomon »

One in a million
you could say conventional ... and I could claim intentional

Synthrobot

#4 Post by Synthrobot »

They have seen the forum. Neil has described it as "bitchy" in the past, (which I don't disagree with at times).
I doubt they'd take advice from us, didn't Neil say he reads Facebook comments sometimes?

Shopper

#5 Post by Shopper »

i wouldn't normally do this kind of thing
Left to my own devices, I probably would...

https://www.instagram.com/chit2clix/

Greendrake

#6 Post by Greendrake »

The content of this post has been reserved by the author due to the unprecedented, categorical and peremptory exercise of censorship that took place on 20 May 2021.

Whereas this content can be restored, the author neither intends to do so, nor to publish any further posts to avoid any possible perception as "passive agressive", "pointless", "unhelpful", "homophobic" or "bigoted".
Last edited by Greendrake on Fri 21 May 2021, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gabby

#7 Post by Gabby »

It's a shame because there are some genuinely good suggestions here that they could really pick up on, but I guess sorting the wheat from the chaff could get to be a bore.

Where did the "banging and lasers" thing come from? Wasn't that someone on here who said that, or was that from one of Geowayne's comments sections in his weekly surveys? They definitely read that comment and took it on board.

TallThinMan

#8 Post by TallThinMan »

Synthrobot wrote: Fri 03 Jul 2020, 11:46 am They have seen the forum. Neil has described it as "bitchy" in the past, (which I don't disagree with at times).
I doubt they'd take advice from us, didn't Neil say he reads Facebook comments sometimes?
Oh the irony of Neil campaigning for privacy and against ID cards etc. but using Facebook! I cannot imagine Chris reading any of these comments. He’s far too aloof.
TIERGARTEN's debut album BREAKING POINT is out now: https://linktr.ee/tiergartenmusic

daveid

#9 Post by daveid »

Greendrake wrote: Fri 03 Jul 2020, 12:03 pm
Synthrobot wrote: Fri 03 Jul 2020, 11:46 am They have seen the forum. Neil has described it as "bitchy" in the past
I thought he used some form of the word "churlish".
I remember a pet text or something when he mentioned the forum and said something like "frequently rude and bitchy!"

Boring90

#10 Post by Boring90 »

They don't seem to have read the complaints about the Official Store.
Las Vegas 1999

Gabby

#11 Post by Gabby »

Boring90 wrote: Fri 03 Jul 2020, 7:27 pm They don't seem to have read the complaints about the Official Store.
A case in point as to why they should take a peek from time to time, but filtering out the noise would be a pain.

DrTedros_NMSL

#12 Post by DrTedros_NMSL »

Didn't Neil read some complaints here about not including songs from Behaviour and "The boy who couldn't..." after the 1st night of 2016 ROH?

domino

#13 Post by domino »

DrTedros_NMSL wrote: Sat 04 Jul 2020, 4:22 am Didn't Neil read some complaints here about not including songs from Behaviour and "The boy who couldn't..." after the 1st night of 2016 ROH?
Yes, that was in Annually 2017, I guess.
Last edited by domino on Mon 06 Jul 2020, 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
A blues would be in B flat, pain defining wisdom,
but the soul is in the high hat, programmed in the system.

Straight_Talker

#14 Post by Straight_Talker »

Gabby wrote: Fri 03 Jul 2020, 3:09 pm It's a shame because there are some genuinely good suggestions here that they could really pick up on, but I guess sorting the wheat from the chaff could get to be a bore.

Where did the "banging and lasers" thing come from? Wasn't that someone on here who said that, or was that from one of Geowayne's comments sections in his weekly surveys? They definitely read that comment and took it on board.
Yeah, that was me. I posted it on Wayne’s site, so proof enough that one of them visits that site. Chris once mentioned he liked the website “with all the lists”, again alluding to Wayne’s site.
More strobes and BANGING, please!

regularjoe

#15 Post by regularjoe »

TBH I think that any celebrity reading social media about them would probably develop a nasty aftertaste in their mouth for the whole thing.
I would think that if there was a logical approach to gleaning anything from social media they would pay someone to navigate sites like this and report back as to what the pulse of the fanbase is.