Do you think these songs should be included on Dream World Tour?

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
oakey

Re: Do you think these songs should be included on Dream World Tour?

#16 Post by oakey »

It's not a UK-only tour so I do not see why they should only include UK top 10 hits...

agent doris

#17 Post by agent doris »

oakey wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020, 1:06 pm It's not a UK-only tour so I do not see why they should only include UK top 10 hits...
If it were worldwide hits, it would make no difference other than the fact it would be a shorter set!!

Markpro

#18 Post by Markpro »

Give me the Introspective version of Left To My Own Devices with a god damn orchestra :pray:
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Nickname

#19 Post by Nickname »

Markpro wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020, 11:11 pm Give me the Introspective version of Left To My Own Devices with a god damn orchestra :pray:
It would be amazing but I don't think they could have such a budget to get a full orchestra on tour.

Markpro

#20 Post by Markpro »

I know, i know...ok, i'll make do with them sticking Introspective on in the background but just play us the full version.
I've been a Teenager since before you were born.

Dog

#21 Post by Dog »

Markpro wrote:Give me the Introspective version of Left To My Own Devices with a god damn orchestra :pray:
I’ve been lucky enough to hear them play this twice... Now I’d love to hear them do the full version of Always On My Mind / In My House.
Woof.

leesmapman

#22 Post by leesmapman »

Markpro wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020, 11:11 pm Give me the Introspective version of Left To My Own Devices with a god damn orchestra :pray:
The first time I saw PSB live was at the 2004 Trevor Horn concert (I know, much MUCH too late for someone who's been a fan since 1987). That was with a full concert and Lol Creme too! I think that can't be topped.

telys

#23 Post by telys »

leesmapman wrote: Fri 06 Nov 2020, 6:25 pm
The first time I saw PSB live was at the 2004 Trevor Horn concert (I know, much MUCH too late for someone who's been a fan since 1987). That was with a full concert and Lol Creme too! I think that can't be topped.
I became a fan around the same time. Saw them the first time live in Stockholm 1997, then on the Nightlife tour in Stockholm and another weird concert in Karlstad, Sweden and in Ludwigslust in Germany on the Fundamental tour and Neil on the Belarus free theatre event in Camden 2015. The best concert was the one on the Fundamental tour. Stood in the front, they played Shopping and Minimal after eachother, a real high point.
----
You've got me all wrong

oakey

#24 Post by oakey »

agent doris wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:54 am
oakey wrote: Sun 01 Nov 2020, 1:06 pm It's not a UK-only tour so I do not see why they should only include UK top 10 hits...
If it were worldwide hits, it would make no difference other than the fact it would be a shorter set!!
What I mean is that they should feel free to include songs that were hits in other countries. To me a hit is also not synonymous with a top 10 hit. Germany and Italy had some inclusive singles even (Beautiful people, Paninaro)

psbfannyc

#25 Post by psbfannyc »

oakey wrote: Sat 07 Nov 2020, 9:18 am
agent doris wrote: Tue 03 Nov 2020, 10:54 am
What I mean is that they should feel free to include songs that were hits in other countries. To me a hit is also not synonymous with a top 10 hit. Germany and Italy had some inclusive singles even (Beautiful people, Paninaro)
MANY of their songs were hits in my living room...

Nickname

#26 Post by Nickname »

There are some things have been said more or less (playing songs from the new album, top 10 hits in UK, some songs sang by other artists included, all of it played in reverse chronological order).

Will-o-the-wisp (I think they will plan a new version of it like single material for the concerts, they need a single to help the tour)
I don't wanna (I don't think they'll play this single but I include this song because it was)
Monkey Business
Dreamland
The Loving Kind (the last PSB song to be Top 10 was sung by Girls Aloud, that's why it was Top 10 at that time to be honest)
I'm with Stupid
Miracles
You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk
Somewhere
A Red Letter Day
Se a vida é (That's the Way Life Is)
Before
Absolutely Fabulous
Go West
Can You Forgive Her?
Disappointed (to be fair, this Electronic song was nothing to do with Chris Lowe but it was top 10)
Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes off You)
So Hard
Losing my Mind (Liza Minelli was Top 10 too)
It's Alright
Left to My Own Devices
Domino Dancing
I'm not Scared (Eight Wonder was Number 1 in Italy with it and Top 10 almost everywhere in Europe)
Heart
Always on My Mind
Rent
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
It's a Sin
Suburbia
West End Girls

Patrick Bateman

#27 Post by Patrick Bateman »

Nickname wrote: Mon 09 Nov 2020, 1:20 pm There are some things have been said more or less (playing songs from the new album, top 10 hits in UK, some songs sang by other artists included, all of it played in reverse chronological order).

Will-o-the-wisp (I think they will plan a new version of it like single material for the concerts, they need a single to help the tour)
I don't wanna (I don't think they'll play this single but I include this song because it was)
Monkey Business
Dreamland
The Loving Kind (the last PSB song to be Top 10 was sung by Girls Aloud, that's why it was Top 10 at that time to be honest)
I'm with Stupid
Miracles
You Only Tell Me You Love Me When You're Drunk
Somewhere
A Red Letter Day
Se a vida é (That's the Way Life Is)
Before
Absolutely Fabulous
Go West
Can You Forgive Her?
Disappointed (to be fair, this Electronic song was nothing to do with Chris Lowe but it was top 10)
Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes off You)
So Hard
Losing my Mind (Liza Minelli was Top 10 too)
It's Alright
Left to My Own Devices
Domino Dancing
I'm not Scared (Eight Wonder was Number 1 in Italy with it and Top 10 almost everywhere in Europe)
Heart
Always on My Mind
Rent
What Have I Done to Deserve This?
It's a Sin
Suburbia
West End Girls
If they're playing the likes of Monkey Business, then they'll play tracks from Super, Electric, Elysium, and Yes too.

OakeyDokey

#28 Post by OakeyDokey »

Sounds like a Springteen-like 3 hour set the way we're going with these lists!

Nickname

#29 Post by Nickname »

OakeyDokey wrote: Sat 28 Nov 2020, 4:01 am Sounds like a Springteen-like 3 hour set the way we're going with these lists!
It'd be fine but it's not going to happen.