Now 7 on CD

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
One of the crowd

Now 7 on CD

#1 Post by One of the crowd »

Next Friday, 27th November, will see the release of Now Thats What I Call Music Volume 7 on CD for the first time.

When originally released it included the hard to find “matrix” edit of Opportunities, maybe as an error.

So hopefully, it’ll be the same mix that’s included on this re release next week as I’ll certain it’ll make it’s debut on CD if that’s the case.
Fishing

Dog

Re: Now 7 on CD

#2 Post by Dog »

This was the first Pet Shop Boys music I owned. Quite often these new CD versions use different mixes so we may be disappointed.
Woof.

It can be two things

#3 Post by It can be two things »

As far as I can tell from the (extensive) comments on superdeluxeedition.com, none of the six new CD versions has replicated the original tracklistings i.e. every single new Now has different (more common) versions of songs from those originally included. I would therefore be extremely surprised if the Matrix Edit makes an appearance this time around.

Patrick Bateman

#4 Post by Patrick Bateman »

It can be two things wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020, 2:17 pm As far as I can tell from the (extensive) comments on superdeluxeedition.com, none of the six new CD versions has replicated the original tracklistings i.e. every single new Now has different (more common) versions of songs from those originally included. I would therefore be extremely surprised if the Matrix Edit makes an appearance this time around.
Yeah, I've read that. It seems really bizarre to re-release them in such a half-arsed way. Surely the point of releasing something like that in the Spotify era is that you actually release the original versions?????

Oznerol

#5 Post by Oznerol »

also..as far as I know (maybe somebody can confirm if I´m right) the "matrix" version was included junt on vinyl, but not on the cassette edition of "Now 7"...
This is not my signature.

Dog

#6 Post by Dog »

Oznerol wrote:also..as far as I know (maybe somebody can confirm if I´m right) the "matrix" version was included junt on vinyl, but not on the cassette edition of "Now 7"...
I have the cassette version and it is the matrix mix.
Woof.

stormynight

#7 Post by stormynight »

Dog wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020, 9:51 pm
Oznerol wrote:also..as far as I know (maybe somebody can confirm if I´m right) the "matrix" version was included junt on vinyl, but not on the cassette edition of "Now 7"...
Yes, it’s also on the cassette.
Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

canveyboy

#8 Post by canveyboy »

More interesting is the fact that NOW haven’t even officially announced its release? I’m not convinced it will be released next week - No promotion, no advertising, no track listing? This would be the first in the reissues to be released without any promo!
Its taken me all of my life to find you

NikacP0kac

#9 Post by NikacP0kac »

What's special about the Matrix edit?

EDIT: Ah, I see it's on YouTube. Will just have to listen to the differences myself. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp_8nG2B3Gc
Have a look at my taste in music:
http://www.last.fm/user/NikacPokac

That’s the thing about negative energy, about hatred. It can be positive. It throws into relief all the things you know you like. It tells you, by elimination, what you’re about. Sometimes you can only define yourself by what you hate. Hatred becomes an inspiration; it makes you think, “What I’m doing now I totally believe in, and I don’t care what other people say.” Guided by hatred, you don’t have to follow the herd. - Neil Tennant

tottenhammattspurs

#10 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Every single rerelease of the early NOW compilations have been different to the original ones and many have had complete tracks omitted (Bryan Adams and Bob Marley being two of them and Gary Flitter for more obvious reasons) so the chance of it being the matrix mix are slim. More than likely it’ll be the Please album version.
Last edited by tottenhammattspurs on Sat 21 Nov 2020, 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is is and isnt isnt

tottenhammattspurs

#11 Post by tottenhammattspurs »

Double post
is is and isnt isnt

Oznerol

#12 Post by Oznerol »

Dog wrote: Fri 20 Nov 2020, 9:51 pm
Oh, good to know!!. It seems that somebody gave me wrong info years ago!! :up:
This is not my signature.

stormynight

#13 Post by stormynight »

Today is the day.
Anyone here from UK?, who can check for the Opportunities version ?
Did you ever walk on a stormy night...

canveyboy

#14 Post by canveyboy »

stormynight wrote: Fri 27 Nov 2020, 10:15 am Today is the day.
Anyone here from UK?, who can check for the Opportunities version ?
Still waiting for the postman to deliver 😉

canveyboy

#15 Post by canveyboy »

It actually exists!!!! Now to find out....
4FED2CE9-247F-42CB-9ED5-5DEF6C820321.jpeg
4FED2CE9-247F-42CB-9ED5-5DEF6C820321.jpeg (707.35 KiB) Viewed 488 times