THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Neutron69

THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

#1 Post by Neutron69 »

.....announced on Sirendisc.com. They're usually very reliable with pre-release info. Can we expect mixes and new b-sides? I think so!

12" $11.95 No Time For Tears

Format: 12" SINGLE VINYL
Expected Release Date: 29-Aug-05

CDS $7.99 No Time For Tears (2 tracks)

Format: CD SINGLE

CDS $8.69 No Time For Tears (3 tracks+video)

Format: CD SINGLE

Neutron

joncool5

#2 Post by joncool5 »

Quality...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Zog

#3 Post by Zog »

Yep... any doubters can go to:

www.sirendisc.com

And do a quick site search on "pet shop boys". The new single listing is on the first search results page.

It seems to me unlikely that Siren would have these details (including the formats) wrong.

Good news!!! :)

-Zog
Last edited by Zog on Fri 03 Jun 2005, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markus

#4 Post by markus »

here's a link
http://www.sirendisc.com/cgi/panel.cgi

sorry, now I saw it was posted already.
Last edited by markus on Fri 03 Jun 2005, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zog

#5 Post by Zog »

markus wrote:
Zog wrote:Yep... any doubters can go to:

www.sirendisc.com

And do a quick site search on "pet shop boys". The new single listing is on the first search results page.

It seems to me unlikely that Siren would have these details (including the forumats) wrong.

Good news!!! :)

-Zog
here's a link
http://www.sirendisc.com/cgi/panel.cgi

Yes, but not to the actual page. Try it. That's why I gave the search info.

-Zog

Flaffer

#6 Post by Flaffer »

seems a bit early to be listed but hope it is correct, interesting to see if there will be new b-sides as in tracks not off Potemkin
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

markus

#7 Post by markus »

If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:

Janet Street-Porter

#8 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

markus wrote:If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:
I'm just trying to avoid downloading the Coldplay album by mistake. Please all pray for me.

markus

#9 Post by markus »

Janet Street-Porter wrote:
markus wrote:If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:
I'm just trying to avoid downloading the Coldplay album by mistake. Please all pray for me.
Why you don't like them?
I'm praying for you. :pray:

Zog

#10 Post by Zog »

Good choice, in my opinion, for 4 reasons:

1) Given the fact that the new album won't be out until the spring of 06 at the earliest, the PSB need to release something to fill in the gap.

2) The single will help promote the new soundtrack CD.

3) NTFT is the obvious choice for a single from the soundtrack.

4) It's a good song... and judging from the reactions I've read in the many reviews of the soundtrack... most people (even non-PSB types) seem to like it.

Yeah, yeah... I know it's a bit like A Red Letter Day towards the end of the song, but I think, on the whole, it's a prettier song than A red letter day.

-Zog

madhatter88

#11 Post by madhatter88 »

What I don't understand is why they are releasing the soundtrack to an event that was nearly a year ago? Surely the time to release it was just after the performance. Can you see the record buying public in the UK rushing to buy this? I think not. Very strange.

Zog

#12 Post by Zog »

madhatter88 wrote:What I don't understand is why they are releasing the soundtrack to an event that was nearly a year ago? Surely the time to release it was just after the performance. Can you see the record buying public in the UK rushing to buy this? I think not. Very strange.
Yes, but the record-buying public will be more inclined to be interested in the soundtrack after a single release a couple of weeks earlier. I mean, it's surely better to issue a single prior to the soundtrack, than none at all.

I should add, that the issue here is not that they're releasing the soundtrack too late (I agree with you here, they should have released it last autumn)... rather, that they're releasing a new single. And, I think now that it's pretty much officially confirmed that the soundtrack is being released this September, the new single could only help.

-Zog

joncool5

#13 Post by joncool5 »

Zog wrote:Good choice, in my opinion, for 4 reasons:

1) Given the fact that the new album won't be out until the spring of 06 at the earliest, the PSB need to release something to fill in the gap.

2) The single will help promote the new soundtrack CD.

3) NTFT is the obvious choice for a single from the soundtrack.

4) It's a good song... and judging from the reactions I've read in the many reviews of the soundtrack... most people (even non-PSB types) seem to like it.

Yeah, yeah... I know it's a bit like A Red Letter Day towards the end of the song, but I think, on the whole, it's a prettier song than A red letter day.

-Zog
I agree with all your comments...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

Lleonard Pler

#14 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I am so happy that they will release a single from this soundtrack. I understand that they delayed the new album until next year because they will give some importance to the Potemkin release.

What do you think that the other tracks of the single will be? Other songs from the soundtrack, remixes or what?

Pani

#15 Post by Pani »

This's good news. Let's
hope it's true ... :D