THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

For general discussion of Pet Shop Boys topics.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Neutron69
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 9:00 pm
Contact:

THE NEW SINGLE IS..........

#1 Post by Neutron69 »

.....announced on Sirendisc.com. They're usually very reliable with pre-release info. Can we expect mixes and new b-sides? I think so!


12" $11.95 No Time For Tears

Country: U.K.
Format: 12" SINGLE VINYL
Expected Release Date: 29-Aug-05


CDS $7.99 No Time For Tears (2 tracks)

Country: U.K.
Format: CD SINGLE
Expected Release Date: 29-Aug-05


CDS $8.69 No Time For Tears (3 tracks+video)

Country: U.K.
Format: CD SINGLE
Expected Release Date: 29-Aug-05





Neutron

User avatar
joncool5
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 1:15 am
Contact:

#2 Post by joncool5 »

Quality...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 2:37 pm
Contact:

#3 Post by Zog »

Yep... any doubters can go to:

www.sirendisc.com

And do a quick site search on "pet shop boys". The new single listing is on the first search results page.

It seems to me unlikely that Siren would have these details (including the formats) wrong.

Good news!!! :)

-Zog
Last edited by Zog on Fri 03 Jun 2005, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

markus
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:17 pm
Contact:

#4 Post by markus »

here's a link
http://www.sirendisc.com/cgi/panel.cgi

sorry, now I saw it was posted already.
Last edited by markus on Fri 03 Jun 2005, 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 2:37 pm
Contact:

#5 Post by Zog »

markus wrote:
Zog wrote:Yep... any doubters can go to:

www.sirendisc.com

And do a quick site search on "pet shop boys". The new single listing is on the first search results page.

It seems to me unlikely that Siren would have these details (including the forumats) wrong.

Good news!!! :)

-Zog
here's a link
http://www.sirendisc.com/cgi/panel.cgi


Yes, but not to the actual page. Try it. That's why I gave the search info.

-Zog

User avatar
Flaffer
Posts: 3663
Joined: Wed 05 Nov 2003, 5:14 pm
Contact:

#6 Post by Flaffer »

seems a bit early to be listed but hope it is correct, interesting to see if there will be new b-sides as in tracks not off Potemkin
Still waiting to hear the Adam Freeland, Manhattan Clique and Axwell mixes of Integral.

markus
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:17 pm
Contact:

#7 Post by markus »

If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:

User avatar
Janet Street-Porter
Posts: 2529
Joined: Wed 14 Jan 2004, 1:32 am
Contact:

#8 Post by Janet Street-Porter »

markus wrote:If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:
I'm just trying to avoid downloading the Coldplay album by mistake. Please all pray for me.

markus
Posts: 1227
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 11:17 pm
Contact:

#9 Post by markus »

Janet Street-Porter wrote:
markus wrote:If it's released in August the radio release should be in July, and if it gets leaked...it might be out on the net already! :shock:
I'm just trying to avoid downloading the Coldplay album by mistake. Please all pray for me.
Why you don't like them?
I'm praying for you. :pray:

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 2:37 pm
Contact:

#10 Post by Zog »

Good choice, in my opinion, for 4 reasons:

1) Given the fact that the new album won't be out until the spring of 06 at the earliest, the PSB need to release something to fill in the gap.

2) The single will help promote the new soundtrack CD.

3) NTFT is the obvious choice for a single from the soundtrack.

4) It's a good song... and judging from the reactions I've read in the many reviews of the soundtrack... most people (even non-PSB types) seem to like it.


Yeah, yeah... I know it's a bit like A Red Letter Day towards the end of the song, but I think, on the whole, it's a prettier song than A red letter day.


-Zog

madhatter88
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 7:15 pm
Contact:

#11 Post by madhatter88 »

What I don't understand is why they are releasing the soundtrack to an event that was nearly a year ago? Surely the time to release it was just after the performance. Can you see the record buying public in the UK rushing to buy this? I think not. Very strange.

User avatar
Zog
Posts: 2271
Joined: Wed 29 Oct 2003, 2:37 pm
Contact:

#12 Post by Zog »

madhatter88 wrote:What I don't understand is why they are releasing the soundtrack to an event that was nearly a year ago? Surely the time to release it was just after the performance. Can you see the record buying public in the UK rushing to buy this? I think not. Very strange.
Yes, but the record-buying public will be more inclined to be interested in the soundtrack after a single release a couple of weeks earlier. I mean, it's surely better to issue a single prior to the soundtrack, than none at all.

I should add, that the issue here is not that they're releasing the soundtrack too late (I agree with you here, they should have released it last autumn)... rather, that they're releasing a new single. And, I think now that it's pretty much officially confirmed that the soundtrack is being released this September, the new single could only help.

-Zog

User avatar
joncool5
Posts: 1308
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 1:15 am
Contact:

#13 Post by joncool5 »

Zog wrote:Good choice, in my opinion, for 4 reasons:

1) Given the fact that the new album won't be out until the spring of 06 at the earliest, the PSB need to release something to fill in the gap.

2) The single will help promote the new soundtrack CD.

3) NTFT is the obvious choice for a single from the soundtrack.

4) It's a good song... and judging from the reactions I've read in the many reviews of the soundtrack... most people (even non-PSB types) seem to like it.


Yeah, yeah... I know it's a bit like A Red Letter Day towards the end of the song, but I think, on the whole, it's a prettier song than A red letter day.


-Zog
I agree with all your comments...
"In the North-west it rains and it rains. And yet we managed to produce the industrial revolution, trade union movement, the Communist Manifesto and even the goddam computer. Down south, where the sun never sets, you took all our money and what did you produce? Chas and f**king Dave." TONY WILSON

User avatar
Lleonard Pler
Posts: 1203
Joined: Sat 01 Nov 2003, 10:50 pm
Contact:

#14 Post by Lleonard Pler »

I am so happy that they will release a single from this soundtrack. I understand that they delayed the new album until next year because they will give some importance to the Potemkin release.

What do you think that the other tracks of the single will be? Other songs from the soundtrack, remixes or what?

User avatar
Pani
Posts: 8208
Joined: Thu 30 Oct 2003, 12:51 pm
Contact:

#15 Post by Pani »

This's good news. Let's
hope it's true ... :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 32 guests